Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/1/2019, 4:16 AM

@Cindy-Walker

Hi

Did the template download and install correctly and have you restarted Photostory?

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/1/2019, 4:17 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Cindy-Walker wrote on 12/2/2019, 1:04 AM

Hi John, I don't believe it installed correctly. I have closed Photostory & Re-opened it but it is still not in the templates section. Is there a process for installing items downloaded from producer planet?

johnebaker wrote on 12/2/2019, 4:31 AM

@Cindy-Walker

Hi Cindy

. . . . Is there a process for installing items downloaded from producer planet . . . .

There is, however it depends on the type of files you downloaded?

If it was a Zip file and have extracted the contents then installation method depends on what the actual files within are, ie if there is a:

• .mtp file - open Photostory and drag the file from where you extracted it and drop it on the Photostory screen

• setup.exe file - double click to run

• if you only see .mp4, .ogg, .cfx and .ini files - these need copying to the following folder C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Photostory Deluxe\xxxx\IntroOutro where xxxx refers to the version.

HTH

John EB

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Cindy-Walker wrote on 12/2/2019, 6:30 AM

Hi again John,

I tried downloading the mp4 file into the destination you suggested but when I open Photostory it still does not appear. I also tried copying and pasting into this file and still it does not appear in Photostory. Is there something else I need to do? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks Cindy.

johnebaker wrote on 12/2/2019, 7:11 AM

Hi Cindy

There should be more than just a mp4 for the Intro/Outro - a typical Intro or Outro has the multiple files all the same name, eg the Snowman intro has the following files in the

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Photostory Deluxe\xxxx\IntroOutro folder:

• intro_snowman.cfx - this is the actual effects 'control' file
  • intro_snowman.mp4 - this is the effects first video
  • intro_snowman.ogg - this is the effects audio
  • intro_snowman_luma.mp4 - this is the effects second video

and in the subfolder Icons

• intro_snowman.jpg - this is the icon image you see in Photostory's Template tab

You should have a minimum 4 files for each Intro or Outro and all are required for them to work .

Which Intro and Outro did you purchase?

HTH

John EB

Cindy-Walker wrote on 12/2/2019, 1:55 PM

Hi John, I purchased the Spacetravel Intro and Outro, TornadoText-1 and a couple of other items. They show up as 'Item Type' Animation. The Spacetravel Intro/Outro was on sale. I only get the Mp4 file when I download it.

johnebaker wrote on 12/2/2019, 3:22 PM

@Cindy-Walker

Hi

. . . . Spacetravel Intro/Outro was on sale. I only get the Mp4 file when I download it . . . .

If you look at the actual breadcrumb trail on the above Into and Outro on Producer Planet you will see that it is a Background not an Intro or Outro effect.

You would use this as a background for for example an Intro title.

I keep all such video loops in a Resources folder - and example of one of mine used for a title is shown below

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/2/2019, 3:23 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cindy-Walker wrote on 12/3/2019, 2:19 AM

Hi John, yes it appears the spacetravel is a background. Which is a bit misleading given it's title. However, Tornado Text shows up under 'Intro' and I am having the same problem with it. I can't get it to come up in Photostory under templates??

Do you think there is an error in the software?

Thanks Cindy.

johnebaker wrote on 12/3/2019, 10:08 AM

@Cindy-Walker

Hi

. . . . Tornado Text shows up under 'Intro' . . . .

What files did you get when you downloaded the Tornado text?

John EB

Cindy-Walker wrote on 12/4/2019, 2:53 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your help. However, Magix have finally responded and informed me that an MP4 file is all that I will get to download from Producer Planet. If I want them to be animated I need to purchase items from the In App Store!

I responded that the items I wanted are not available in the In App Store, and that the advertising of Producer Planet on the Magix website is very misleading.

Unfortunately I have had to contact PayPal and request a refund.

Looks like my Photostory isn't going to be as interesting as I would have liked.

Thanks Cindy.