Comments

SP. wrote on 5/17/2024, 3:14 PM

@Wiiplashh Try restarting the computer, do not shut it down and turn it back on.

Wiiplashh wrote on 5/17/2024, 3:25 PM

I tried that and it didn’t work

SP. wrote on 5/17/2024, 3:41 PM

@Wiiplashh Ok, maybe you shut your computer down during a write process of project file? Maybe it was damaged in this process.

Are there acd-bak backup files in your folder? You can rename the file ending. You may first need to enable Windows Explorer to show file ending.

Wiiplashh wrote on 5/17/2024, 3:47 PM

Great okay. I don’t have any back up files in the folder, because the file always opened up OK. I even tried to make an a back up of the project and open it, and that still doesn’t work. So there’s basically no way to the restore this project?

SP. wrote on 5/17/2024, 4:08 PM

@Wiiplashh You need to enable to create project file backups on save and also enable autosave in the Preferences > General Tab. This will create acd-bak and autosave files in case something goes wrong again.

Not sure if there is a way to restore your file.

James12 wrote on 6/4/2024, 2:27 AM

I am working on a project, can I ask a question?

blake-fast wrote on 6/5/2024, 7:45 AM

hi wiip i have come across this problem and had some success in opening these files but not everytime did the project have 3rd party plugins and soft synths in it ?

Wiiplashh wrote on 6/5/2024, 9:24 AM

No it didn’t have any third-party plug-ins or synths

blake-fast wrote on 6/5/2024, 9:43 AM

ok well thats that plan out of the window then ! ok what number are you using 8 9,10 or eleven ?

Wiiplashh wrote on 6/5/2024, 10:15 AM

I’m using Acid Pro 10 for windows.

blake-fast wrote on 6/5/2024, 12:07 PM

if you can find some one with 11 try and open it in their copy it worked for me with a client that couldnt open the files in 10 we found that if we got the them opened played the file and closed it WITHOUT saving then tried again in the earlier version most opened no idea why but if you can give it a go also save your project with a new name as often as you can ie version 1 ,2,,3 etc the program is very unstable and it helps in these situations