Push notifications

Moofie wrote on 1/7/2021, 9:58 AM

I just bought Xara Photo & Graphic designer, and after I installed it on my new Windows 10 laptop, it began sending push notifications to my desktop. I can't find anything in the menu which would allow me to turn this "feature" off. Were this a free program, I would understand why the company might think they can push ads on someone, but this is a paid program, and I want the ads to stop. Please let me know how to go about making the push notifications stop!

Thank you for your time and trouble.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/7/2021, 2:32 PM

@Moofie

Hi

. . . . Were this a free program, I would understand why the company might think they can push ads on someone, but this is a paid program, and I want the ads to stop. . . .

Many software manufacturers are now doing this in one form or another - Magix are not the only ones.

Check in your Windows settings, Apps for a program called Magix Cloud Import - if it is there uninstall it.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Joseph-Fox wrote on 6/15/2021, 5:50 AM

thanks. I've got the same problem... Magix ads are obnoxious and I have used their products for years (so I love the products but I seriously dislike ads and how difficult it is each generation to remove them).

thanks for suggesting uninstalling Magix Cloud import... i had no clue it was even there (not listed on windows app task bar). Uninstalled it, will hopefully remove all ads permanently.

Yes many software companies go this route. However, they are extremely upfront on opting in or out and if out, you stay out. Every time I upgrade to a new version of Vegas or whatever the app, I have to go through a 'where's the magic button to stop ads' exercise. Gets tiring.

SP. wrote on 6/15/2021, 6:56 AM

@Joseph-Fox You should be able to uncheck the installation the next time you install a Magix software. The installer asks the user if it should install the Update Notifier. Of course, if the user just clicks fast through the installation windows it could be missed and most users do this.

Here are some screenshots from the Music Maker installer.

Joseph-Fox wrote on 6/15/2021, 7:06 AM

Thanks!! Will try it out