Reaching out to Support

Can-Dive wrote on 4/6/2024, 11:43 AM

I find it odd to even ask this question since I've never experienced it before with any other support desk. I think its been over a week since I made an official support request; using the Support tab, selecting the Magix product and outlining my issue in the text box and hitting the send button. Very straight forward.

Unfortunately I received no confirmation email acknowledging my request. A few days later I sent a follow up email and still nothing. Typically, when you make a request to a support desk, an automatic email will be sent acknowledging receipt of your request, allocating a job number and an indication that someone will be in contact over the next few days or something to that effect. But this hasn't happened with the Magix Support desk in this instance.

Its not as if my email is incorrect since I use it to log into the system to participate on this forum and make the Email Support Request. I receive emails with regards to my correspondence on this forum as well as advertising from Magix. But nothing from Support.

Is there another method to reach out to Support other than through the Support tab? This is my first request to Magix Support, so I don't know what their typical response time is? Is it normal to receive nothing from them for over a week? I wouldn't think so but just wondering what other member's experiences have been. I suspect there must be something wrong with their server or something?

Last changed by emmrecs on 4/9/2024, 10:57 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: Posts being made which are nothing to do with the original question

Lenovo Legion Slim 7 Laptop

Intel i9-13900H
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4070
16GB DDR5 5200
Win 11 Pro

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/6/2024, 12:00 PM

@Can-Dive

My experience has always been that, when I raise a Support Ticket I receive almost immediately an automatic acknowledgement of my question with a Ticket Number. Direct response to the specific question has been within a few days at the most.

I have not needed to create one for some time now and, as you may have gathered from various posts in the forum, Magix GMBH is undergoing something of a financial "problem". I have no idea whether this has in any way affected their response to Support requests but I would be very surprised if it has.

The fact you have seemingly not even received that automatic acknowledgement is worrying, I think.

The only suggestion I can make is that you email infoservice@magix.net (Magix customer service) explain what has happened, or hasn't happened, and ask for their comments on your situation.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Can-Dive wrote on 4/6/2024, 12:07 PM

Thanks Jeff, I'll follow it up with the email address you have provided.

Cheers!

Can-Dive wrote on 4/9/2024, 4:20 AM

@emmrecs,

Hi Jeff,

Just to let you know I finally got through to Support via the email you sent me. They could not explain what happened to my two previous Support Requests but as a test I send a third request and I immediately received a confirmation email. So everything is good and I am currently working with Support on my Music Maker issue.

Thanks again for your help in this matter.

emmrecs wrote on 4/9/2024, 4:24 AM

@Can-Dive

Excellent news!

Many thanks for letting us know.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

paul-whittle wrote on 4/9/2024, 8:46 AM

i recently purchased a sounpool from a third party but cant find it in Music maker?

SP. wrote on 4/9/2024, 8:56 AM

@paul-whittle You can drag and drop third party loops from the internal file browser or from Windows Explorer into your project. They won't show up in the internal Loops Tab. This is only for Magix Soundpools.