Reason Rack Plugin issue in Acid Pro 10

Reminiscence wrote on 7/11/2020, 10:01 AM

Hi there, I have recently upgraded from AMS 11 to Acid Pro 10, and I am so happy with this decision, though my Reason Rack Plugin (which I own the Suite version of) doesn't respond. I am able to load the VST, though nothing comes through. There is no activity as with the drum players inside of Reason for example. Any ideas if this is a Reason Studios issue or Acid Pro 10? The plugin worked fine in AMS 11.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

ACID-Support wrote on 9/9/2020, 9:51 AM

Hello!

Could you please let me know what build of ACID you are using? You can find this information through the Help tab -> About. Thanks!

Reminiscence wrote on 9/10/2020, 12:07 PM

Hello, I just updated to the latest build, and the Reason Rack Plugin is still not emitting any sound or sync with Acid Pro 10. I can see the midi meter going up when I play on my Midi Keyboard, but the Synth is standing dead still. I really hope this can be fixed. I used Reason for quite some time, so it's part of my workflow, though Acid Pro is now my go-to-DAW. Thanks for responding though.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 11/7/2020, 4:42 PM

Hello!

Could you please let me know what build of ACID you are using? You can find this information through the Help tab -> About. Thanks!

Im on 10.03.24 it also didnt work on Acid Pro 10..02.20 /

It does work oin Acid pro 8.works perfectly due think it wil be quick fix?

Reminiscence wrote on 11/8/2020, 12:51 AM

I'm on 10.0.4 (build29) and it also didn't work on the previous versions. :(

LooneyBinJim wrote on 5/12/2021, 12:44 PM

I'm on 10.0.4 (build29) and it also didn't work on the previous versions. :(

Acid 10.05.37 Reason Rack still not working?

The Reason 11 Rack efx and the Reason 11 Instrument Rack not working?ITs a Vst 3 plugin both work in Acid pro 8 ....Whats going on ..They have ditched the rewire on Reason 11 adopting Vst3 format to stop latency issue when running Rewire.......The vst loads but its not recieving any audio signal from Acid,no midi out signal from ACID TO REASON -&REASON TO ACID.....

IAmNotGivingAName wrote on 5/31/2021, 3:30 PM

Have this issue also on 10.0.5 (Build 37). RRP loads but any midi sent to it does not generate audio. I've noticed that a few other VST3 instruments do the same thing whereby they are not able to receive midi from Acid but I can trigger the sound using say a keyboard in the plugins GUI, which says to me that MIDI from acid does not get to plugin. I have of course made sure the MIDI track is setup to output to RRP.

elbe63 wrote on 3/19/2022, 4:18 PM

Hello!

So, it's been, what more than 2 years now and STILL NO FIX... really guys... get off the sleeping pills and get to it, I've mentioned that problem too in another post...

SP. wrote on 3/19/2022, 5:37 PM

@elbe63 As far as I know ACID development was stopped during the Covid pandemic.

elbe63 wrote on 3/20/2022, 9:25 AM

@elbe63 As far as I know ACID development was stopped during the Covid pandemic.

Nobody works from home there... like the rest of the world... I see said the blind man to his deaf dog !! I guess they'll make us pay for it in version 11, when they come back and ready to... ahem... care for their customers... Thanks for your answer though !

SP. wrote on 3/23/2022, 5:15 AM

@Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick Magix also still sells SF Pro MAC and stopped development in April 2020 or MP3 deluxe 19 which stopped development years ago. They probably still make money with these old programs.

Clay256 wrote on 3/24/2022, 10:21 PM

Hello!

The developement on Acid Pro stopped back in 2020. The whole Covid excuse is done. The rest of the world moved on but Magix developers are; like elbe said; still on sleeping pills. Magix, have some dignity and announce that this DAW is forever dead so people's hard earned money doesn't get thrown at a dead DAW.

The Magix twitter has been saying their developers are working on ACID now. 11 is probably coming

LooneyBinJim wrote on 4/13/2022, 12:19 AM

Hello!

The developement on Acid Pro stopped back in 2020. The whole Covid excuse is done. The rest of the world moved on but Magix developers are; like elbe said; still on sleeping pills. Magix, have some dignity and announce that this DAW is forever dead so people's hard earned money doesn't get thrown at a dead DAW.

The Magix twitter has been saying their developers are working on ACID now. 11 is probably coming

I Don't do twitter etc, only use SoundCloud as I find everything is too much of a distraction .But what doest it mean Acid 11 is probably coming ?

Probably sounds to me like we could be getting on with the Update and Maybe (probably)just maybe we get it ready for release.

Can you twitter them and see if you get a reply on a time scale please..What bothers me a version 11 means again we got to spend out on a program only to find the problems listed in this forum still havent been fixed

ive updated from version 4 to 6 to 7 to 8 didnt bother with 9 and now 10.that £400 i could of purchased Studio 1 or Fruity loops(all updates are free with fruity loops for life)some people purchase fruity when it was version 1 for silly money less than £20 and now its on v20 .

Reminiscence wrote on 4/13/2022, 2:26 AM

Good point, I won't be upgrading to ver.11 - unless the demo shows a significant improvement to bugs and issues faced in ver.10 - if it is ever released - currently I'm not using Acid Pro at all - and jumped ship to Ableton (pricey - but everything I need).

LooneyBinJim wrote on 4/13/2022, 10:36 AM

Hello!

Im using 10.05(build38)

What does my head in they claim Acid 8 upwards now use the same plugin code

But Acid 8 last build works with reason fine .but acid 10 dont ....

Freddie-Calitz wrote on 7/24/2022, 4:29 AM

Hello!

@Magix Having just spent a lot of money on both Acid and Reason...

I am slightly upset, that what I could do years ago without effort is now just a dud.

I don't mind that each device is being separated as soft synth and before I could plug in the whole Reason with multiple tracks and effects.. but NOW its just sitting there sucking with no sound coming through the track on ACID

emmrecs wrote on 7/24/2022, 8:43 AM

@Freddie-Calitz

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so no Magix staff will see your post, sorry.

You might wish to create a support ticket if you wish to formally raise this issue as a problem.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

LooneyBinJim wrote on 7/26/2022, 1:11 PM

@Freddie-Calitz

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so no Magix staff will see your post, sorry.

You might wish to create a support ticket if you wish to formally raise this issue as a problem.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

I spoke to the support guys and they really had no idea ..It was as if they didnt understand reason can now be used as a plugin.I was being ask loads about how i was sync reason to acid try using rewire reason 12 use rewire infact i think hasnt since reason 10?

What i dont get is way back when9 or 10 came out magix posted a new update to the plugin system in the forum somewhere.The post said that they had fixed the plugin problems and the patch was to used on all version of Acid Pro v8.0? upwards.

Reason didnt work on 8 but patch fixed Reason Rack however it didnt make any difference ...

Bryan-Higgins wrote on 7/10/2023, 9:49 PM

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous