Rebuilt computer, new OS, license won't activate

John-OFlaherty6072 wrote on 3/15/2023, 3:50 PM

My hard drive and OS crashed last week and I had to have my computer rebuilt from scratch. My Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 was lost, and when I stick the disc back in to reactivate, it says I have exceeded the number of allowable computers with which to register. I can't deactivate the old computer, if the old OS no longer exists, so I'm in a Catch 22. I asked my comp tech what to do, and he said call the software company and have them deactivate the old install from their end. Well I can't find a telephone number anywhere-- despite the fact that the installation handbook says that there is fee-based telephone customer service, by going to www.support.magix.net. -- All clicking on that website does is lead me to the forums page... which is here. So I hope someone can help me. Ideally, I prefer to pay the support fee, and have someone assist me live in real time, then to wait for forum advice, but at this point I'll take any support I can get.

Otherwise, I may have to just bite the bullet and buy Vegas MSP 2023; which maybe is a better option? I don't know.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/15/2023, 4:04 PM

@John-OFlaherty6072 You visit Magix.com and log into your customer account. Then look under "My Products" for your software. Disable the old installation there. Then it should work.

John-OFlaherty6072 wrote on 3/15/2023, 4:07 PM

@John-OFlaherty6072 You visit Magix.com and log into your customer account. Then look under "My Products" for your software. Disable the old installation there. Then it should work.

Okay, thank you, I'll give it a try. My old password no longer works, so I'm waiting for an email to reset it. I guess life wouldn't be fun if everything went easy.

SP. wrote on 3/15/2023, 4:13 PM

@John-OFlaherty6072 If you cannot get back into your user account ask customer service at infoservice@magix.net for assistance.

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2023, 4:44 PM

@John-OFlaherty6072

Please be aware these are not the forums for users of Vegas Movie Studio version 17 or earlier. This post https://www.magix.info/us/forum/this-is-not-the-vegas-products-forum-please-read-here-first--1242927/ explains this.

Also, if you are thinking of updating to Magix Movie Studio 2023 please remember this is quite a different product to your Vegas Movie Studio and is based on what was formerly called Movie Edit Pro.

Because your question is about Vegas Movie Studio this thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam