Comments

SP. wrote on 7/16/2021, 2:30 AM

@Former user Contact shop@magix.net

emmrecs wrote on 7/16/2021, 4:47 AM

@Former user

The full Magix cancellation and refund policy and details of how to apply can be found here. Do note that cancellation is available for only 14 days from the date of original purchase.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

kyoung wrote on 9/25/2021, 1:07 PM

Hello, I bought this new version am ***** because every time I try to write a song megixmusic maker 2021 is the worst program keeps ***** crashing every 5 ***** minutes now I can get a refund because it is too long so am screwd out of $49.00 a wast because I was trying to give it a chance but now am done with this fuck up piece of Shit program, and I will never buy another megix program you guys have gone backward instead of getting better your getting worst and to make matters worst I have to go back to the older megix music maker program because it works better than the 2021 version wish I saw this review before I purchased youtube not me

Don't buy Music Maker 2021 it's whack as hell and it crashes all the time.

Jul 25, 2020

SP. wrote on 9/25/2021, 2:39 PM

@kyoung It depends on your hardware specifications. Music Maker needs a 2 Ghz CPU as a minimum and good audio hardware with good drivers. When it crashes it is mostly caused by inferior audio hardware.

ReKeJe wrote on 9/25/2021, 2:57 PM

I see I am not the only one experiencing issues with this piece of crap software. Misinformation removed by Moderator . It's really sad because I really like the good quality VSTs/Plugins that come with it. I am currently running Windows 10 with a 2.4GHz processor and 8Gb of RAM. I have the 3rd generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface/ASIO, which is a nice audio interface so...yeah...Magix Music Maker 2020 and 2021 are TRASH!!!! Wanted to try and make an 8-10 CD with it but...because of the intermittent "crashing" everyday I am done with it....

kyoung wrote on 9/25/2021, 3:16 PM

this is the system am using should be strong enough to Handel this program without it crashing every 5 minutes and also losing songs every time I use this program am done with megix pice of **** software. Device name    DESKTOP-HMSOGSH
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
Device ID    
Product ID  
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

kyoung wrote on 9/25/2021, 3:17 PM

windows 10

SP. wrote on 9/25/2021, 3:53 PM

@kyoung Ok, but what is your mainboard? Are you using an audio interface with ASIO drivers? Mainboard manufactures often use really cheap Realtek audio chipsets which are not made for sample accurate, real-time audio processing. After I got a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 the crashes nearly went completely away.

SP. wrote on 9/25/2021, 3:59 PM

@ReKeJe Problems could also be caused by old drivers or a damaged Windows installation. It is always a good idea to update all drivers to the newest versions. I personally use Snappy Driver Installer which does that automatically. If your Music Maker crashes often on one system and runs fine on a different computer then it can also be a good idea to reinstall Windows from scratch on your crashing system.

Former user wrote on 9/25/2021, 4:46 PM

Crashes constantly. It has good days and bad. Freezes frequently. Yes 2021 requires tons of patience. Jumping through hoops to get things done. Surprisingly it works barely enough to finish a project. 80 percent of the time. Glad the mixer is retro now. Happy to say. Backup files are cluttering my desktop. To open a project can't just open the named project. Open Magix first then the project. Still don't like to toggle audio rec to hear track playback. And pressing play after CTRL+S. new computer win 10...at least R records now.. The undo function removes VSTs at times. Lost ability to scan folders for vsts also. Attempted to open trouble tickets with magix​ with no response. We are on our own. 50 bucks sounds about right. Meh...

kyoung wrote on 9/25/2021, 5:12 PM

Thanks, guys for the advice I appreciate it well am stuck with this program, now sorry to say so am going to your advice like you guys are saying make sure my drivers are up to date and also look into Snappy Driver Installer and Focusrite Scarlett 2i4  where is the best place to get theses items because Focusrite Scarlett 2i4  online looks like its an outside piece of gear, but then online it looks like its a download! and are these downloads safe? thanks for your help.

SP. wrote on 9/25/2021, 6:06 PM

@kyoung You can get Snappy Driver Installer here: https://sdi-tool.org/download/ Please don't download the the DriverPack solution because that is an advertisement and not Snappy Driver Installer. You need to download SDI Full or Lite.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 is an USB-audiointerface that is not longer made. You can still get the new version called 4i4 or the new 2i2 or Scarlett Solo. But maybe you can just try a different, free audio driver first. For example, you can download the free Demo of FL Studio which also installs the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can then select the driver in the program settings of Music Maker as an ASIO audio driver. Maybe the program will run a little bit more stable after doing that. https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/

SP. wrote on 9/25/2021, 6:13 PM

@Former user

Lost ability to scan folders for vsts also. 

Sometimes Music Maker will disable features because some data in the cache can get corrupted and then your account doesn't load correctly. You can try to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. The will delete the old cache. Usually all features will work again after doing this.

kyoung wrote on 9/25/2021, 6:50 PM

thanks for your help I will try this and yes am using my ASIO drivers but the program still crashes am going to try these suggestions, but I won't be buying megix anymore $49.99 wasted Misinformation removed by Moderator, they should be ashamed to put this junk on the market. if everybody and their mother is complaining about this program everybody can have weak computers. its this program thanks guys take care and good luck with this Misinformation

gjonny wrote on 9/26/2021, 5:01 PM

Just an fyi...

1) Behringer also has a usb audio interface
    - UCA202
    - UCA222 (I use this one, works fine with MM)

2) If you think crashes may be Windows-related, before reinstalling/resetting, try the SystemFileChecker utility.  In a Command window, type: SFC /scannow (probably need to RunAs Administrator)

And, fwiw, both MM2021 and MM2022 have been stable for me (no crashes). 

John