Samplitude Pro X5 for less than $25

SP. wrote on 3/16/2023, 1:54 PM

The Humble Bundle offers Samplitude Pro X5 (the non-suite version) for less than $25 over the next three weeks.  I can highly recommend this.

You also get the editing program Vegas Pro 18 Edit.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/king-content-creator-bundle-software

Edit July 2023:

For everyone who is interested but missed the offer on Humble Bundle, Magix now offers it again on Fanatical:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/content-creator-bundle-with-vegas-pro

Comments

Wralth wrote on 3/16/2023, 7:26 PM

I just got the bundle today and was yet unable to register any of the included plugins (coreFX, Melodyne, Ozone, Convology) due to a lack of keys that I wouldve normally received if i purchased the Samplitude through the website. At least I was unable to locate them anywhere on my account and i certainly didnt get an email with the keys either thus far.

SP. wrote on 3/16/2023, 7:37 PM

@Wralth The problem you face is basically that you get the same installer as customers who bought Samplitude Pro X5 directly from Magix. So you will see the same items but don't have the needed serial numbers.

I definitely think that you won't get licenses for Melodyne, Ozone, Convology with the purchase from Humble Bundle. These are bonus items from separate companies that were included during the time Samplitude Pro X5 was sold on the Magix website two years ago. The licence deals between these companies and Magix for the inclusion in Samplitude Pro X5 ran out years ago.

For coreFX it's different because this is a product by Magix. So theoretically they could give you a serial key, but I personally think they won't do this, because this effects bundle is not cheap. But you could try and ask sales support at infoservice@magix.net

SP. wrote on 3/16/2023, 7:47 PM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

I just checked the Humble Bundle website and the items like Melodyne and Convology XT are listed in the description of Samplitude Pro X5.

Are the buyers of the bundle getting these items? If not, that would a pretty big oversight and potentially might be seen as misleading to the buyers.

It would be important to get a clarification on this.

browj2 wrote on 3/17/2023, 8:34 AM

@Wralth

Hi,

After installing Samplitude and activating it using the code, there should be more to install, like all of the instruments. Did you see this and install everything?

If not, look under Help for additional content.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Wralth wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:31 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion

I just checked the Humble Bundle website and the items like Melodyne and Convology XT are listed in the description of Samplitude Pro X5.

Are the buyers of the bundle getting these items? If not, that would a pretty big oversight and potentially might be seen as misleading to the buyers.

It would be important to get a clarification on this.

I wonder where you can see that because the last time i checked the humble bundle listing of Samplitude X5, i couldnt find any concrete information about that. I only got to know about the info on the plugins as i was installing them via the samplitude setup. I then went to check on websites that still have info on the older version and indeed, the software came bundled with the plugins even back then.

Wralth wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:44 AM

@Wralth They removed it by now from the description. It's still visible at https://web.archive.org/web/20230317035549/https://www.humblebundle.com/software/king-content-creator-bundle-software

Oh snap, youre right about that one. In fact i faintly remember seeing the description of the humble bundle just like that when i got the bundle lol.

DL93 wrote on 3/21/2023, 9:54 AM

Yeah... This humble bundle purchase hasn't endeared me to Magix, and I have several of their apps prior to this Samplitude bundle (I've upgraded a few... Depending on how things progress in my situation, this might not be the case again...)... Between the changes in the description - and the lack of the 'extras' in the description I'd seen - (I'd seen the same prior to their changing it), and to the fact that X5 does not play well with Roland Cloud (which I utilize greatly), this hasn't been a great experience (search and you'll find a good number of confirmations that Roland Cloud and Samplitude don't get along... An upcoming (or recent... not sure) patch is supposed to resolve this in X7. But, X5? I've asked in the other samplitude forum (community.samplitude.com), so we'll see... But, I'm not thinking they'll feel that patching X5, even with the surge in users from the humble bundle 'deal', will be work it. I mention this just because there may be (very likely WILL be) others that use Roland that will wind up basically throwing the money away with this bundle. If you don't use Roland Cloud, this might be a great, great deal (even with the removed extras). But, I'm pretty immersed in my current workflow, and it is required for me. Alas, I doubt I'll be sticking with Samplitude when a free app does not crash on me constantly/save vsti settings improperly when I use it.

SP. wrote on 3/21/2023, 10:03 AM

@DL93 I don't know how well Roland works with X5 but there will definitely be no more patches. If you can choose between VST2 and VST3 plugins the VST2 variants might work better in Samplitude.

On the other hand, the current deal is a no brainer, especially for users who still use Music Maker for bigger projects and are sick of its stability problems and bugs. I also think that Magix tries to get some customers interested with an old version because it's likely that Pro X8 will release soon.

DL93 wrote on 3/21/2023, 12:21 PM

@DL93 I don't know how well Roland works with X5 but there will definitely be no more patches. If you can choose between VST2 and VST3 plugins the VST2 variants might work better in Samplitude.

On the other hand, the current deal is a no brainer, especially for users who still use Music Maker for bigger projects and are sick of its stability problems and bugs. I also think that Magix tries to get some customers interested with an old version because it's likely that Pro X8 will release soon.

VST3 is the only option for several of the vsti's. And, they consistently have issues (easily able to replicate the problem). As noted, I did see that X7 is supposed to get a patch for this. I might put in a ticket to Magix support to see what options I have, but at this point (this thread and the thread I created on the community site), I think that this is just a lost cause. Waste of my time and money. And, that is really not cool. It was very likely that I'd have upgraded if I found it worth it. But, it isn't looking like it is. We'll see. I'm sure Magix will not cry themselves to sleep at losing my couple of hundred bucks. But, if I'm not alone in this situation of frustration, how many thousands might it then be? What about the stuff that WAS mentioned, and is now removed (see links above in other posts)? That's not helping my thoughts on this.

Also, it is very much not a "no-brainer" for someone first jumping into it. It is VERY much a "brainer". How much money do you want to give to an app/company that puts out a promotion like this, and won't support it at all? I wasn't aware that X5 was several versions back when I saw it on humblebundle. I didn't know that there were support posts about Roland Cloud issues for years. I took it on good faith that it was a solid app. I DID read reviews, ALL of them glowing and good, but they were all old. Have you actually searched for Samplitude recently? How much "new" info do you find out there? Basically none, unless it is on these forums. It's all about X3, X4, etc...

Sigh. I really wanted to like this. I had been really excited about it when I'd read the reviews.

browj2 wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:06 PM

@DL93

Hi,

I also read your posts on the Samplitude forum.

Also, it is very much not a "no-brainer" for someone first jumping into it. It is VERY much a "brainer". How much money do you want to give to an app/company that puts out a promotion like this, and won't support it at all?

Let's see - 25$ instead of a couple of hundred maybe?

You have indicated that you have purchased Magix products in the past, so you must know that Magix.com exists and that you could have checked to see if X5 was the latest version. Also, it doesn't take a lot to understand that the products are HB are probably old since they usually are - not just Magix products but also those from Corel and others.

You could have downloaded and installed the trial of X7 free for a month but you chose not to, opting to pay a little bit of money for an older version.

Since it was obvious that it was an old version, why would you think that Magix should continue to "support" it when they have two newer versions? Like most software companies, after a year or so they stop support, meaning no more patches. Magix supported X5 for over a year with multiple patches. Why would you expect more support for an old product - because you just bought a cheap old version? Seriously?

Your complaint centres around problems with Roland Cloud. I looked it up and can't understand how it works. The best I can figure is that the VSTi's are run from the cloud somehow. Maybe somewhere on the Roland Cloud site there is information as to how it all works and with which DAWs it works, but I couldn't find it during my cursory search. I went to About and there is basically no information supplied. I looked at the FAQ and couldn't find anything relevant. I'm not going to spend a lot of time searching for info that should be supplied up front.

I don't see anywhere where you have indicated that the fault could be with Roland Cloud. Why is the fault with Samplitude and not Roland? Ask Roland why their Cloud stuff doesn't work with Samplitude. Afterall, the VSTi's from most other third parties work with Samplitude.

Lastly, HB is basically offering a gift of two top-end programs - Samplitude Pro X5 and Vegas Pro 18, albeit old versions. I find it annoying when people come here and complain that the gift doesn't do some obscure thing that they wanted and then act as though the program is useless because of it. Obviously it's not useless and is a no-brainer for those who want to move up from Music Maker. Like one user on the Samplitude forum told you, he has X7 and has no problems with it, but then he doesn't use Roland Cloud.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:20 PM

@DL93 Is your problem that the plugins reset to zero if you reopen the project?

Then try the following: freeze your tracks or objects with Roland Cloud VSTs before saving an closing your project. This will convert your MIDI and all effects to a single WAV file. You can also unfreeze the track at any time to return to your original MIDI and VSTs. This might solve your problem.

DL93 wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:34 PM

Oh, I get that I'm not perfect (and nobody/nothing is), and didn't take into account that a known bug (that I never would have thought about being there) was to be found. (see the post about it here that BugHunter from Magix responded: https://community.samplitude.com/topic/58280-first-project-with-prox7-and-plugin-crashed-samplitude/ -- HINT: That's where all of this mess started for me. ). As for the "why should they support it" part, that's easy: They just sold me a copy of it (via humble bundle, yes. But, it was from Magix in the end). It wasn't used. It wasn't found in a bin at a thrift store. In any case, this isn't worth it to have to defend myself here when there are alternatives. This is simply stress for absolutely no reason. I paid $25 to get frustrated and demeaned. I can get that at work AND get paid for it. I will drop this. As with the other thread that you saw in the other forum: I apologize to all, and I promise to work on my future Google-Fu (if I ever show my username here again). I'm truly glad that the app works for you, and I wish you many years of happiness with it. (I mean it. No sarcasm involved. Seriously!)

DL93 wrote on 3/21/2023, 2:37 PM

@DL93 Is your problem that the plugins reset to zero if you reopen the project?

Then try the following: freeze your tracks or objects with Roland Cloud VSTs before saving an closing your project. This will convert your MIDI and all effects to a single WAV file. You can also unfreeze the track at any time to return to your original MIDI and VSTs. This might solve your problem.

This is good advice. Thank you. I freeze tracks in cakewalk all of the time. There are crash issues, too, but those seem to only be when you try to load two of the same (or replace with the same) VSTi in a project (I've only been messing with the Roland stuff, so can't speak to anything else). Again, thank you. I do appreciate the input.

SP. wrote on 7/13/2023, 12:51 AM

For everyone who is interested but missed the offer on Humble Bundle, Magix now offers it again on Fanatical:

GRB wrote on 6/16/2024, 3:23 PM

Hey SP, whats you thoughts as of today of Samplitude Music Studio X8 vs the Humble deal of Samplitude Pro X5 (which I got from Humble). Too expensive to upgrade the SP X5 to X8 for me right now, but got a super upgrade deal for SMS X8 the other day, (sub $40)... so was curious on your thoughts.....

I'm running Windows 11 now too btw... so not sure about loading my older SPX5 on the new machine.... part of the thoughts here in asking. Also applies to my older Sound Forge Pro 15, can't afford its upgrade cost atm, but also hesitant to try loading the older version I own onto the newer Win 11 system since it may not have been designed for it.....

Last changed by GRB on 6/16/2024, 3:26 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/16/2024, 9:36 PM

Hey SP, whats you thoughts as of today of Samplitude Music Studio X8 vs the Humble deal of Samplitude Pro X5 (which I got from Humble). Too expensive to upgrade the SP X5 to X8 for me right now, but got a super upgrade deal for SMS X8 the other day, (sub $40)... so was curious on your thoughts.....

I'm running Windows 11 now too btw... so not sure about loading my older SPX5 on the new machine.... part of the thoughts here in asking. Also applies to my older Sound Forge Pro 15, can't afford its upgrade cost atm, but also hesitant to try loading the older version I own onto the newer Win 11 system since it may not have been designed for it.....

I found that Sound Forge Pro 15 released same time as Windows 11, so tried installing it, and it installed no issues. Now wondering even more if same goes for Samplitude Pro X5? ....although it did release a year before Win 11 (August 2020 I believe), so maybe not a good idea, and may not have ever been updated to Win 11 since X6 would have been the next year's release and probably Win 11 certified/supported. What do you think @SP. and @browj2 ?

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

GRB wrote on 6/17/2024, 8:21 PM

Ok, scratch that above ask.... SPX5 works in Win 11 here, and is pretty darn impressive in revisit....Sounds flipping amazing in Demo Track run through, and a few Vita Instruments messing with (Acoustic Guitar). Wow. Its been awhile since I've had it loaded and tooled around in it.... I get sidetracked over and over with Shiny Daw Syndrome and forget what I have and like about ones I haven't opened in too long.

I'm happy for now for sure... both SFP15 and SPX5 installed and working in W11!

GRB wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:11 PM

Update: Ran into a few little hiccups with audio driver, and a few missing file/features as I chose to not load the older versions of izotope plugins that came with it..... Gave a good look at Samplitude Music Studio X8 and what its lacking over the bigger brother (older X5 in my case), and decided that the newer X8 Music Studio had more newer features (including updates) that appealed to me. Upgrade cost for me was sub $40, so a good low budget choice for little old me. :) When I'm using SMSX8 to point of it holding me back, I'll consider upgrading to SPX8/9 at that point. Thanks again for all of the good info and considerations folks.

Oh, SMSX8 loaded smoothly, started up smoothly, and didn't have any issues with getting going.... Seems slick and efficient to me so far in changing settings, windows formats, mute, solos, and bouncing to different parts in track while running demo song actively. Looking fwd to getting back to learning/using Samplitude for some project ideas. 5 stars!!!

SP. wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:16 PM

@GRB Yeah, I don't think that Music Studio has many relevant limitations compared to Pro X. Of course, if you try to use dozens of VST plugins and AUX busses you might run into the limits sooner or later. The rest of missing features are mostly time savers.

Also, X8 got many bug fixes. It's likely the most stable version since X2.

GRB wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:45 PM

@GRB Yeah, I don't think that Music Studio has many relevant limitations compared to Pro X. Of course, if you try to use dozens of VST plugins and AUX busses you might run into the limits sooner or later. The rest of missing features are mostly time savers.

Oh wow, great to know about X8 being stable and lots of fixes over older ones already....

I had read somewhere that Music Studio was migrating to the same X8 core as Samplitude Pro and Sequoia, and that it would make it not only better and more stable, but in doing so, share the same updates/fixes as the higher end products for support team to more efficiently send out across the board.... So, more of a chance of better updates and fixes moving fwd! A great thing!!!

SP. wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:51 PM

@GRB Yes, that's why it is named Music Studio X8 and not Music Studio 2024.

It now has the same code base as Samplitude Pro X8.

GRB wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:51 PM

On the Track, Vst, and Aux counts.... if need be, I'll have to get "old school" creative and learn from the good old days of multi track layering to minimal tape tracks, etc... I have read some very interesting articles about such things, and how sometimes "limitations" spark creativity and flow..... The need to "commit" as if it was "tape"....aka "freeze".... Guess I'll find out when one of my projects pushes the limits, probably way off in future for me, lol.

GRB wrote on 6/18/2024, 5:53 PM

@GRB Yes, that's why it is named Music Studio X8 and not Music Studio 2024.

It now has the same code base as Samplitude Pro X8.

A great move on Magix part.... for all of us too! Win Win!