Sampliude music studio x8 stability

j-s wrote on 5/27/2024, 2:59 AM

Ok, I've been asking a lot of question of here of late, this will be my last one hopefully so as not to be bothering you anymore.

Right, What is the stability/ease of use for the Samplitude music studio x8 daw ? in comparison to the very buggy and (for me) a headache to use Acid pro 10 ?

Would you recommend Samplitude music studio x8? or is it similarly buggy to Acid pro 10?

I do realise it is a different and more complex piece of software, just is it buggy and will it crash all the time?

I trust the response as it's the user forum.

Thanks in advance

Comments

j-s wrote on 5/27/2024, 4:21 AM

Just made a purchase of the deal being offered, Sampltude music studio x8 with a sound forge 17 + fx union wizard ? for £73.50 through the US part of the magix site, good deal. Great shame about Acid pro issues,

but luckily I have the old one (7) to use , happy days.

Hope Magix will pull through their current issues and carry on successfully.

SP. wrote on 5/27/2024, 5:29 AM

@j-s As far as I know with X8 Magix really stepped up the bug fixing. There were a lot of fixes over the past year. Should be pretty reliable software.

You can still use the drawing tool in Acid to build songs and then export them for mixing and mastering to Samplitude. There you don't have the stability issues while using VST plugins.

janthyer wrote on 5/29/2024, 8:31 PM

Email support page doesn't work. I bought Music Studio 8 in December and I have latest update but I can't get it to work right. Still using previous version.

SP. wrote on 5/29/2024, 10:56 PM

@janthyer Try to open the Audio settings in Samplitude, select an ASIO driver, for example Magix Low Latency or the ASIO driver of your audio interface. Open the ASIO driver control panel, select your audio input and audio output and set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. Close the ASIO driver control panel and back in the Samplitude Audio settings set the Monitoring Mode slider to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine.

Now Samplitude should work fine. You might need to restart it, after changing the Monitoring Mode.

janthyer wrote on 5/31/2024, 5:13 PM

I have changed the audio settings as described above. I am still having problems using Music Studio X8. The latest problem is that the pitch shift/time stretch mouse mode no longer works. It WAS working but it has quit working. This is a very BUGGY release of this program that I have been using for YEARS!!!! I think I need to get my money back! Besides, finding this way to contact ANYBODY for help has been a nightmare! I finally had to download Google CHROME and got there that way. Microsoft Edge was a disaster!

janthyer wrote on 5/31/2024, 5:15 PM

I used to be able to contact someone to help me figure things out using email but that seems to be a relic of the past. And of course these days telephone support is from the STONE AGE! And there is no way to speak to a human being even as a chat! VERY UNHAPPY CAMPER, here!

SP. wrote on 5/31/2024, 5:32 PM

@janthyer Try resetting the program settings via the Help menu.

At least you have contact with us humans here. Yes, as you realised, there is no longer phone support. So either create a technical support ticket and wait some days for a response or try working with the suggestions we can give you. It's not worth it to get angry about this.

j-s wrote on 6/1/2024, 3:30 AM

I've had it for a week or so now, having problems with midi playback connecting controllers and softsynths ect,

massive pita, the Acid pro 7 installed at the same time no problem, basically plug and play, bit annoyed to find out this x8 is buggy after having just purchased it.

Janthyer - Which version was stable for you ? was it version 7 or an version or 8 before an update ?

SP. wrote on 6/1/2024, 3:34 AM

@j-s Acid 7 is a 32 Bit software with a lot lower system requirements.

What audio interface are you using for Music Studio X8? Select the ASIO driver for the audio interface or the Magix Low Latency driver in the program settings. Increase the buffer size in the ASIO driver control panel to a value of 1024 or 2048 samples if your system cannot handle running Music Studio.

GRB wrote on 6/20/2024, 1:02 PM

I've had it for a week or so now, having problems with midi playback connecting controllers and softsynths ect,

massive pita, the Acid pro 7 installed at the same time no problem, basically plug and play, bit annoyed to find out this x8 is buggy after having just purchased it.

Janthyer - Which version was stable for you ? was it version 7 or an version or 8 before an update ?

They must have fixed these issues in a recent update as I just got SMSX8 and don't have any of those type issues... I also have AP10 and for my humble experiments, it runs fine on Win 10/11. I did read and try to stick to using Magix Plugins only in AP, but in my opinion, that is not a bad thing, or hard to do, as they have some really good plugins/instruments. I was considering upgrading to AP11 to gather the few newer core updates, but its not really worth the cost for just the core program differences since I'm not concerned with the additional 3rd party items that come with it....

@SP. may not agree with this, but I'm going to mention it anyways..... Last year at some point, I stopped choosing to "update" when the first window shows up and asks if I want to (during installation/reinstallation). My thinking is that it is best to allow the first install to complete and reboot as such...before updates.... then you can choose to update upon restart next time....

That may be why I have stopped running into certain issues I, and others, have had... Don't know... but thought I'd mention it.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.