SF18 build 21: Plug-in Manager problem

Unsounded wrote on 5/26/2024, 7:35 PM

I can't find a way to add folders within the manager. Pressing the add new folder button does nothing. Actually, it appears that all the options (accessed by right-clicking a folder) are grayed out. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I can add items to favorites but I'd like to re-organise the folders to my liking. Thanks.

Comments

john_barr wrote on 5/27/2024, 5:50 AM

Magix just released Movie Studio 2025. Sound Forge is not a priority for Magix. We have to accept Sound Forge's problems, they will probably never be fixed.

Unsounded wrote on 5/27/2024, 10:16 AM

So, what you are saying is: there is a problem and there is no fix for it? Has anyone contacted Magix support about this? Thanks.

rraud wrote on 5/27/2024, 10:21 AM

Hi @Unsounded, with the SF 16, 17, 18 'Plug-in manager', user folders can only be added to the root 'Favorites' folder or a user sub-folder.
I preferred the 'FX Favorites> Organize' in SF-15 and prior. IMO the 'Plug-in Manager' is a counter productive cluttered mess.

john_barr wrote on 5/27/2024, 11:08 AM

So, what you are saying is: there is a problem and there is no fix for it? Has anyone contacted Magix support about this? Thanks.

I have reported several issues to Magix support. However, most remain unsolved.

rraud wrote on 5/27/2024, 11:38 AM

So, what you are saying is: there is a problem and there is no fix for it?

I do not know if Magix considers it a bug, so they may not change it. There are other issues I would like to see resolved first. If enough folks contact support they may do something about it. All my 'insider' connections at Magix have left or have been layed off so I do not know what the f***k is going on there.
I am a forum moderator, not a Magix employee.

john_barr wrote on 5/27/2024, 12:11 PM

@rraud

I heard that Magix is insolvent. Maybe that's why you're not getting any more contact. I hope Magix doesn't go bankrupt.

SP. wrote on 5/27/2024, 1:13 PM

@john_barr @rraud Isn't Sound Forge made by the Vegas team? Maybe the developers in the Vegas forum can say something about it. They are active over there.

rraud wrote on 5/27/2024, 1:19 PM

Thanks John, I am well aware of Magix current financial condition and which products generate positive revenue. Unfortunately SF ain't one of them.

rraud wrote on 5/27/2024, 1:28 PM

Isn't Sound Forge made by the Vegas team?

No, AFAIK, the Sound Forge team (or person, or office) is in Berlin Germany and Vegas is still based in Madison Wisconsin (USA) as it was since the Sonic Foundry days.

Unsounded wrote on 5/27/2024, 7:38 PM

Hi @Unsounded, with the SF 16, 17, 18 'Plug-in manager', user folders can only be added to the root 'Favorites' folder or a user sub-folder.
I preferred the 'FX Favorites> Organize' in SF-15 and prior. IMO the 'Plug-in Manager' is a counter productive cluttered mess.

Thanks, that's sad to know. It's obviously not a manager any more. I don't suppose there is a way to hide the cluttered mess and just show the favorites folder?

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 6:56 AM

Unfortunately SF ain't one of them.

Sound Forge stopped in time and fell behind. I have to learn how to use another DAW.

Unsounded wrote on 5/28/2024, 7:32 AM

Sound Forge stopped in time and fell behind. I have to learn how to use another DAW.

Which Daw are you considering?

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 8:24 AM

You can try other DAW's and choose the one that best adapts to your work.

Unsounded wrote on 5/28/2024, 9:15 AM

You can try other DAW's and choose the one that best adapts to your work.

Of course, but my question was about what you are considering. If that's a secret that's OK, but you might be looking at something I've never heard of.

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 11:08 AM

It would not be ethical to talk about competing softwares. But you can try Studio One, WaveLab, Reaper, Audition. There are several options.

SP. wrote on 5/28/2024, 11:32 AM

@Unsounded @john_barr Be aware, that Sound Forge is not a DAW. It's an audio file editor. So don't be surprised if another DAW works not like you expect.

john_barr wrote on 5/28/2024, 12:05 PM

@SP.

Digital Audio Workstation also edits audio. The complaint about Sound Forge is the crashes that Magix doesn't bother to fix.