SFpro 14 where is the vocal cut gone?

Clive-Delves wrote on 1/1/2021, 3:55 AM

I received SF pro 14 with Vegas pro 18..

process > channel converter > stereo to stereo - vocal cut > invert channel 2 >>>>>deletes the wav file from the timeline..??????

what's happened to vocal cut..? other channel conversion work ..!!!

cheers for any help.. CD

Win 10 - HPz210 16Gb - gtx1050 4Gb

Comments

Clive-Delves wrote on 1/1/2021, 4:03 AM

I received SF pro 14 with Vegas pro 18..

process > channel converter > stereo to stereo - vocal cut > invert channel 2 >>>>>deletes the wav file from the timeline..??????

what's happened to vocal cut..? other channel conversion work ..!!!

cheers for any help.. CD

Win 10 - HPz210 16Gb - gtx1050 4Gb

I'll answer my own Q....

There was something weird about the wav files I was trying.. I was successful in cutting out the vocals on a different batch of wav's.. So all is ok.. cheers CD

condex wrote on 1/1/2021, 4:26 AM

I have SFP14 which came with Vegas Pro 18 and it is installed on both my desktop and laptop. 'Stereo to Stereo - Vocal Cut (remove centre material)' is the last preset in SFP14 as it is in SFP13. Also, SFP13 has 17 presets whereas SFP14 has 19 presets. Neither 13 or 14 has a preset called 'Stereo to Stereo - Vocal Cut Invert Channel 2'.

rraud wrote on 1/1/2021, 10:37 AM

Results of 'Remove center material' depends on the mix of the song. Personally have have never needed a feature of that sort (at least that I can recall). I did however experiment with Spectralayers Pro 7 'Unmix' tools (included in the SF Pro 14 Suite version), I was impressed .. is an understatement.

btw @Clive-Delves, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge forum and best wishes for 2021.