Shutting down Acidplanet.com

Comments

Noradr3nlin wrote on 8/21/2018, 4:15 PM

now that Acid Planet no longer exists. Can we claim the name? Is it possile we can re create AP?

Noradr3nlin wrote on 8/21/2018, 4:17 PM

Magix pretty much handled this like a cold prawn on a hot tin roof... The least they can do is give us the domain

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 8/21/2018, 5:18 PM

now that Acid Planet no longer exists. Can we claim the name? Is it possile we can re create AP?

It was purchased by ProducerPlanet within the first week, sorry.

(and I can't blame Magix for doing it: Sony didn't keep proper track of the records when they sold them the site, and if Magix weren't GDPR-compliant they could have been fined into bankruptcy.

I can blame them for not making the announcement sooner. If they'd done that, ArchiveTeam could have saved everything.)

Former user wrote on 8/22/2018, 3:32 AM

Producerplanet is Magix, it belongs to them.

UGB wrote on 8/22/2018, 5:46 PM

Glad I still have some cd's and music files to remember it by.

If you still have some of the music files, etc, do you want to upload them to archive dot org for other people's benefit?

It's odd to think anyone would benefit from my music, but if there's a need!!

Roberto-Silveira wrote on 8/24/2018, 9:40 AM

The decision to discontinue with Acid Planet is unbelievable. Acid Planet has always been a community of music producers, amateurs and professionals. It would have a gigantic growth potential, like a social network of musicians. Any manager would decide to invest in its growth and not end with its history.

Unfortunate. I am one of the first Acid Planet. A lot of stuff I just kept there because it was in the clouds.

I hope you review that terrible decision and have not simply deleted all the material.

Big Beto, Citizen of ACIDplanet.com - Audio

www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=98053

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 8/24/2018, 9:51 AM

Glad I still have some cd's and music files to remember it by.

If you still have some of the music files, etc, do you want to upload them to archive dot org for other people's benefit?

It's odd to think anyone would benefit from my music, but if there's a need!!

As you can see: some of the music you saved may not be available anywhere else. Since Magix was legally required to delete the material.

tyzoid_ wrote on 8/24/2018, 10:04 AM

Danny: FYI, the ArchveTeam has their collection made available on archive.org, featuring over 75,000 saved recordings: https://archive.org/details/acidplanet

I've got some more that I'm in the process of uploading too.

Air4 wrote on 8/25/2018, 9:08 PM

OMG Thank you tyzoid!

Darkforce wrote on 8/26/2018, 3:22 PM

I have to say I am gobsmacked to learn that Acidplanet is no more and I would like to know why I was not informed by anyone at Sony or Magix. I had music on here that I will never get back..EVER Music that I produced over ten years ago.

Darkforce wrote on 8/26/2018, 3:27 PM

The decision to discontinue with Acid Planet is unbelievable. Acid Planet has always been a community of music producers, amateurs and professionals. It would have a gigantic growth potential, like a social network of musicians. Any manager would decide to invest in its growth and not end with its history.

Unfortunate. I am one of the first Acid Planet. A lot of stuff I just kept there because it was in the clouds.

I hope you review that terrible decision and have not simply deleted all the material.

Big Beto, Citizen of ACIDplanet.com - Audio

www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=98053

I hope you are LISTENING. I want my music back. I see that this was done almost at the same time as the GDPR changes :(

Danny-in-Canada wrote on 8/26/2018, 10:02 PM

I have to say I am gobsmacked to learn that Acidplanet is no more and I would like to know why I was not informed by anyone at Sony or Magix. I had music on here that I will never get back..EVER Music that I produced over ten years ago.

As for Sony: they don't care any more. They don't have to. They sold AP to Magix.

As for Magix: that's the problem, they didn't have the contact information for everyone.

Former user wrote on 8/28/2018, 7:05 AM

Hi guys because I was a member with acidplanet for so long, due to sentimental reasons I now own two domain names which is www.acidplanet.co.uk, www.acid-planet.com I am busy right now with fixing up my house for sale and then hopefully moving to the Scottish seaside coast to retire at the end of this year. I will then after the new year concentrate in hopefully turning one of these domains into a music streaming website with some help and advice.

UGB wrote on 8/30/2018, 6:19 PM

That's amazing! Good luck with the move!

Former user wrote on 8/30/2018, 7:00 PM

That's amazing! Good luck with the move!

thank you, i am looking forward to resurrecting acidplanet, lots to do next year making new site. If I can make a site with music uploads, chart system and community forum and very little cost possibly with a small fee member subscription service to cover hosting costs, it’s early days and requires a lot of thought and planning. I was looking at PhpSound scripts here for a new music sharing streaming site https://preview.codecanyon.net/item/phpsound-music-sharing-platform/full_screen_preview/9016117. With this script added to a new website it includes an option to allow members to pay a small pro members annual fee $29 with a pro members badge on their page and more upload music space for their songs? This would be a smaller version of acidplanet but it would have comments and reviews of songs with members stats etc. I would also need to make sure if a chart system could be included, maybe some website techs on this site could offer suggestions. https://phpsound.com. Leave some comments please on ideas and suggestions.

UGB wrote on 9/1/2018, 3:13 PM

I wish I had a way to share songs on my Facebook page; that's where all my friends are. The worst thing about AP was that you had to use the site's player and the site wouldn't run the player in Chrome, which is what most people use I think.

Former user wrote on 9/1/2018, 5:03 PM

with Phpsound script you can login securely with the Facebook authentication and share music via the major social networks.

Share your music using the embedded player on any website, via the e-mail or on the major social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest. Thats why I am interested in this streaming platform to add to my website.

P.V wrote on 9/2/2018, 5:17 PM

Thanks for stepping up Patient-X. It's the people that made AP...$$ cannot buy that...Magix will soon learn...unfortunately they're doomed from the start in a crowded market. Not notifying existing users who shared on AP for multiple decades was irresponsible at best. Luckily I have all my masters securely saved and stored...AP was a place to share. It's the friends that are now gone. Magix cannot replace those.

joel-cooper wrote on 9/2/2018, 9:59 PM

I, too, am upset that MAGIX just shut down the Acid Planet site without warning its users. I had a lot of songs, and data about myself, on the Acid Planet site. While I did back up many of my songs, I may have lost some of them. I also lost the description of myself and my correspondence with many of the other recording artists on Acid Planet. It is my hope that MAGIX saved this data somewhere and will at least make it available to users so they can download their songs and data before MAGIX finally tosses everything in the trash. MAGIX must realize that its relationship with its users is the most important thing. Users will turn to other DAW companies with better customer service and support if a basic respect for the customer is not honored. I really like MAGIX products when they work -- getting them to work in a seamless, trouble-free fashion has been my biggest problem so far. I am not a novice or someone new to hard-disc based music recording. I have been doing it for years. And I used Acid Software even before Sony purchased it. I would like to see MAGIX carry on the tradition of Acid Pro in all of its music making and music-editing products. But just shutting down Acid Planet...unforgivable. Really poor customer service.

carl-borrelli wrote on 9/3/2018, 4:43 PM

Danny: FYI, the ArchveTeam has their collection made available on archive.org, featuring over 75,000 saved recordings: https://archive.org/details/acidplanet

I've got some more that I'm in the process of uploading too.

God bless you and your team … Thank you all so very much. You saved at least 5 tracks of mine I thought were lost forever.

Architecture wrote on 9/14/2018, 12:12 PM

Long time Acidplanet user. I was sad to find out today that this website was finally shut down. 17 years ago I uploaded some of my earliest work to this website. The Lost Acidplanet site has some of my old works, but some of my work may never be recovered. It was a fun ride while it lasted. I learned a lot, made a lot of friends that got me to where I am today at nearly 32 years of age. I recognize so many names here I feel as if I am almost reunited in the AP Forums like back in 2004-5. I hope everyone has been doing well since. For those who would like to continue to follow my work, It has been a lot of fun guys, there will never be another site like it.

Former user wrote on 9/17/2018, 1:07 PM

Architecture link does not work?

Architecture wrote on 9/24/2018, 5:28 PM

Architecture link does not work?

This is a video that should direct to my channel. This is one of my projects from the Acidplanet era.

Gavin-Goslin wrote on 9/28/2018, 8:04 PM

OH MY GOD, How am I just learning this?!? I hope I have all of my stuff saved somewhere in my computer. I actually won one remix contest and was a runner up in another one on AP. I did see that 2 of my songs were saved in the link above but I had a dozen or so songs on there. I know I was a member since late 2000-ish and still use Acid to this day. I guess times change and it was inevitable since Sonic Foundry sold out to Sony.