So where are the "9 GB of new ACIDized loops"?

Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/4/2018, 7:15 AM

@sheppo 

Your question about the coupon download is not on-topic, or even related to Acid Pro, also we can't see your coupon so it's impossible for us to answer.

Shall I start another topic? When I bought Acid Pro 8 from MAGIX, the COUPON offer was included with MAGIX’s notification/confirmation of my purchase and my SN for AP8, how is it not related to AP8?

Regards,

Grazie

sheppo wrote on 5/4/2018, 8:34 AM

the COUPON offer was included with MAGIX’s notification/confirmation of my purchase and my SN for AP8, how is it not related to AP8?

That was the important missing information. I didn't get one of those coupons. (Where's my coupon!) ;-)

I would claim the coupon, and look at the terms and conditions that come with installer. If you want me to have a look at the terms send them me in a private message and I'll do my best to interpret and point out differences if there are any.

Shall I start another topic?

Probably best to. This is a thread about finding where the loops, and it is answered.

kinvermark wrote on 5/4/2018, 10:07 AM

I used my coupon to get "pretty in pop." Downloads two identical folders. One "commercial" and one "high.. something or other. I kept the first and deleted the other.

PS What's with all the "500" errors on this website?

johne69 wrote on 5/20/2018, 3:38 PM

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common

Not a great place to "hide" 9 gb of loops, but you can move them.

Looks like you can now specify folders, perhaps an update ?

Jason-Jennings wrote on 7/29/2018, 8:47 AM

Anyone care to post a list (even a rough idea) of what is included in the "9 GB of new ACIDized loops?". Would be a big part of the purchase decision for me. ThX!!!!

@kinvermark - I believe the packs are from producerplanet, here's a link to their page for each pack. Each of these packs is around 1GB in size.

There are additional a couple of other packs listed in the downloader which have generic names, their descriptions are

• Instruments & Loops 1 (2.46GB)
    • Vita 2
    • Rhythm and SFX Collection
  • Instruments & Loops 2 (2.64GB)
    • Vita Analog Synths
    • Vita Choir
    • Vita Church Organ
    • Vita Cinematic Synth
    • Vita Concert Grand
    • Vita Drum Engine
    • Vita Electric Bass
    • Vita Electric Piano
    • Vita Jazz Drums
    • Vita Pop Drums
    • Vita Rock Drums
    • Vita Urban Drums
    • Vita Vintage Organ

edit: links that actually work + more info

Dumb question but i need to know because it's driving me crazy looking for the loops. Maybe i am missing something here but in Instruments and Loops 1 is it all 2.64 GB of loops or is Vita 2 something else that is part of the 2.64 download, same with Instruments and Loops 2 (2.64 gb) ? The Rhythm and SFX seems to be the only loops i can find, i assume Instruments and Loops 2 are NOT LOOPS, am i correct?

Anyways, glad Acid Pro is back. I have been a die hard Sony Acid fan inlcluding Acid Pro 7 since early 2000's. It's funny i was actually looking at FL studios and was about to make the switch and just happened to google Acid Pro 8, didn't even know it was out. My decision was very easy and i know know Acid like the back of my hand. I did read some complaints but as someone mentioned, Acid 8 is just the beginning for a new adventure and i do think bugs and features will be vastly improved upon moving forward, can be a top notch DAW...

MrSoundman wrote on 7/29/2018, 9:20 AM

Once you've got everything instaled, if you go into Settings | Apps and click MAGIX Content and Soundpools, selecting Uninstall will start a special uninstaller application which will allow you to selectively uninstall the individual components, and it also tells you which of the installers it each component was installed by.

For example, I had a brief look at Vita and as I have no use for it, I uninstalled it and regained 3GB of disk space.

These things install by default into C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common, so maybe have a look there.

carl-kirkendall wrote on 7/30/2018, 11:56 AM

Ridiculous there's no option to DL to desktop , folders...:-p

Yeah, i sent that comment to the support team after the bonus loop package from producerplanet failed to download (still waiting for resolution guys!). Took me nearly an hour to find them as well.

Hint for the Magix Team. Your installers should have a browse option so the consumer can specify where the download ends up. Not one of the installers had this option. Not a really huge deal, but I could have started using the program a lot sooner, with less irritation.

All good now, but aggravation was experienced. 😉

You mean , like nearly every other program in the world ? What a concept ! ;-)

Jason-Jennings wrote on 7/30/2018, 12:02 PM

Once you've got everything instaled, if you go into Settings | Apps and click MAGIX Content and Soundpools, selecting Uninstall will start a special uninstaller application which will allow you to selectively uninstall the individual components, and it also tells you which of the installers it each component was installed by.

For example, I had a brief look at Vita and as I have no use for it, I uninstalled it and regained 3GB of disk space.

These things install by default into C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common, so maybe have a look there.

Thanks,  finally figured it out but it took alot more time than expected, pain in the butt. Regardless, happy about Acid Pro 8 and looking foward working with this and watching it evolve. For now i am going to run in 32bit until the 64bit version is able to handle the 32 bit plugins, just don't want to mess with JBRIDGE and all that...

Jason-Jennings wrote on 7/30/2018, 12:05 PM

Ridiculous there's no option to DL to desktop , folders...:-p

Yeah, i sent that comment to the support team after the bonus loop package from producerplanet failed to download (still waiting for resolution guys!). Took me nearly an hour to find them as well.

Hint for the Magix Team. Your installers should have a browse option so the consumer can specify where the download ends up. Not one of the installers had this option. Not a really huge deal, but I could have started using the program a lot sooner, with less irritation.

All good now, but aggravation was experienced. 😉

You mean , like nearly every other program in the world ? What a concept ! ;-)

It was a major pain in the butt and very time consuming frustrating experience but oh well, all is good and no complaints, loyal to Acid Pro. Over the years i have tried  and purchased a few DAW's inlcuding Pro Tools. At the end of the day, they all pretty much do the same sort of things but Acid is very user friendly and my workflow and recording sessions are much more efficient....

Former user wrote on 8/24/2018, 7:12 PM

The main product page for ACID Pro 8 advertises "9 GB of new ACIDized loops" .... where are they, pray tell?

I could not find them either myself, all the helps posted didn't help either... I found them in my downloads along with ACID Pro 8, but could not find them in the ACID Pro 8 itself... Hopeless. Oh well.

vokulsky1 wrote on 11/11/2018, 3:58 AM

Hey. I just installed ACP 365. I go to "help" and click "Download Instruments and Loop Collections" but it does not download anything. Why?

ACID-Support wrote on 11/13/2018, 4:55 AM

Hi @vokulsky1!

I would suggest running ACID as admin and try again :)

Bea

Ethan-Nelson wrote on 1/6/2019, 12:57 PM

Once AP8 has been registered, you access the add'l content from within the app itself. Go to the "Help" menu and at the bottom "Download Instruments and Loop Collections".

In 'Help', the 'Download instruments and loop collections' is grey and I cant click it? and do you have to pay for loops??

Chuck-Pauly wrote on 2/6/2019, 3:55 PM

I’ve been reading the licence requirements for non and commercial usage. I

@Mathias

Hi everybody,

I just got the information that you can use the content commercially.

It is not allowed to resell the content as it is.

Best regards,
Mathias

So, all those Extra Licence charges are for as-is requirements? If I mix, mangle and produce combos of bongos with congos I’m/we’re good to go?

@Grazie yes, this is essentially what I suggested would be the case in my earlier response. Thanks to @MAGIX_redaktion for clarifying. If you simply upload the samples somewhere you would be in breach of the terms of use. There has to be some form of creativity involved for the output to be considered yours for you to be able to use the samples for commercial purposes. Editing, mixing, creating tracks with multiple samples would all be valid use cases.

Your question about the coupon download is not on-topic, or even related to Acid Pro, also we can't see your coupon so it's impossible for us to answer.

@Mathias

Hi everybody,

Best regards,
Mathias

So, all those Extra Licence charges are for as-is requirements? If I mix, mangle and produce combos of bongos with congos I’m/we’re good to go?

@Grazie yes, this is essentially what I suggested would be the case in my earlier response. Thanks to @MAGIX_redaktion for clarifying. If you simply upload the samples somewhere you would be in breach of the terms of use. There has to be some form of creativity involved for the output to be considered yours for you to be able to use the samples for commercial purposes. Editing, mixing, creating tracks with multiple samples would all be valid use cases.

strongly suggest you should also read through. IMO the usage is not the same as the SONY ACID Loop usage. Hmm....

I did so as well. My interpretation is that any work using the PP and the Sony soundpools can be used for personal or nonprofit use. If used in whole or in part for any purpose which results in personal financial gain, or is posted on a site that is monetized (ie; YouTube), or becomes released to the wild (ie; public domain download), then you will be required to purchase (retroactively apparently) a professional license, at a much higher price than the listed "public" price.

This means that you can create copies for your MP3 player, CD for your car/boombox, soundtracks for your home movies, even perform your creations publicly, as long as you are not making money off it, creating and selling copies, and as long as no one else involved (ie; sponsors or at ticketed venues) is making money in the process.

Near as I can tell this would constrain the terms "personal use only" , "non-profit or uncompensated use" and "use in public recorded venues (ie; the presence of a TV or sound recording crew)" as legal parameters for protection of copyrights held by Magix/Sony and/or the authors of the works. Actually not that different from use of any copyrighted material under the same circumstances.

Incidentally, if anyone decides to put your works out there without your permission, especially for the purpose of profit, YOU are on the hook for compensating the copyright holders, and you have to bring suit against the distributing party at your expense. Protect yourself and your personal domain rights. Read the Terms of Use and do not distribute your works (or allow them to be distributed) without the proper authorization from the manufacturer/distributor of the soundpools in question.

Otherwise, enjoy the software and the works you create freely.

If my interpretation is wrong please clarify. Copyright law is as obscure as any other, but this is what i got from reading the Terms.

I can concur - if you're using the 9GB that comes with Acid pro 8 you can create compositions and monetize. Email I received:

"Are you using the included 9GB of ACID Loops? If so, these loops are licensed to be used commercially. No additional license is required to use these loops commercially. 

Only additional soundpools and content purchased via Catooh, or our Producer Planet website will require the correct commercial license in order to be used.

Best regards,

MAGIX Computer Products International Co."

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/25/2019, 6:14 AM

Hi everybody,

Best regards,
Mathias

Hi Mathias, can you confirm if this is still the case please?

Gordon-Currie wrote on 3/27/2019, 7:32 PM

Mathias isn't reading this forum, so he won't be answering your question.

But I can - nothing has changed.

gman777 wrote on 4/21/2019, 6:07 PM

Anyone care to post a list (even a rough idea) of what is included in the "9 GB of new ACIDized loops?". Would be a big part of the purchase decision for me. ThX!!!!

@kinvermark - I believe the packs are from producerplanet, here's a link to their page for each pack. Each of these packs is around 1GB in size.

There are additional a couple of other packs listed in the downloader which have generic names, their descriptions are

• Instruments & Loops 1 (2.46GB)
    • Vita 2
    • Rhythm and SFX Collection
  • Instruments & Loops 2 (2.64GB)
    • Vita Analog Synths
    • Vita Choir
    • Vita Church Organ
    • Vita Cinematic Synth
    • Vita Concert Grand
    • Vita Drum Engine
    • Vita Electric Bass
    • Vita Electric Piano
    • Vita Jazz Drums
    • Vita Pop Drums
    • Vita Rock Drums
    • Vita Urban Drums
    • Vita Vintage Organ

edit: links that actually work + more info

Dumb question but i need to know because it's driving me crazy looking for the loops. Maybe i am missing something here but in Instruments and Loops 1 is it all 2.64 GB of loops or is Vita 2 something else that is part of the 2.64 download, same with Instruments and Loops 2 (2.64 gb) ? The Rhythm and SFX seems to be the only loops i can find, i assume Instruments and Loops 2 are NOT LOOPS, am i correct?

Anyways, glad Acid Pro is back. I have been a die hard Sony Acid fan inlcluding Acid Pro 7 since early 2000's. It's funny i was actually looking at FL studios and was about to make the switch and just happened to google Acid Pro 8, didn't even know it was out. My decision was very easy and i know know Acid like the back of my hand. I did read some complaints but as someone mentioned, Acid 8 is just the beginning for a new adventure and i do think bugs and features will be vastly improved upon moving forward, can be a top notch DAW...

I'm late to this discussion having purchased Acid Pro 8 only recently. However, I'm still somewhat puzzled about the location and content. I don't think the "dumb question" paragraph above has been addressed. Even though I've downloaded and installed all content (and understand where the folders are, or supposed to be), I still don't understand where "Instruments and loops" 1 and 2 has been installed. How can I verify? What's actually in them? The names don't match a file folder like the others do. I have no Vita 2 folder, for instance. And what's a ,ytif file? Lastly, if I HAVE properly installed instruments and loops 1 and 2, how do I find and use them in Acid?

Thanks.

-Chris

ys-vry wrote on 9/10/2019, 6:45 PM

seems quite simple to me acid pro can be used commercialy as the pro is short for profesional and the profesional musician makes a living by selling his music. if this wasnt allowed magix should call it acid amateur. ;) i downloaded the first part of the 9 gb just for the instruments but before installing i saw the script started deleting vita2 installed by other magix music software I stopped it at that point as i already read in a forum that someone had his version 7 messed up by installing 8 is it better to have the 9 gb loops install in a diffrent folder then common? I tried the virtual instruments some worked already so they were installed with the program while others showed up but didnt work saying they couldnt locate the library? and others just linked to the purchase page btw i bought most of them already for music maker and they are already installed and work so will these corrupt the same virtual instruments that come in the pack or not ? when i updated music maker the privious version folder was wiped without asking if that was ok? who makes these installers? i also had problems to run them because the c disk was too small being an ssd why not ask before hand where to install all files before the proces starts especialy with files bigger then 2 gb? and always ask before deleting things i lost work due too this sloppy programming.

SJ1 wrote on 11/27/2019, 5:55 PM

Hi. Since the FAQ for "Once installed, where are the loops / sounds that come with Acid?" points here, I think it would be helpful to update the topic with the answer for various current (20191127 as I write) Acid installations (e.g. ACID Pro Next Suite).

SJ1 wrote on 11/28/2019, 6:26 AM

Here is a picture of the content packages supplied with ACID Pro Next Suite 1.0.3 (Build 30), accessible via the menu path Help -> Download Instruments and Loop Collections :

The content got installed to C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common.

Here is the Loop Collections sub-directory:

Here is the MxSynth sub-directory:

Sorry the pictures don't show a bit larger in-line, but you should be able to click to open the images and see/read them at original size.

Lot's of content here! I hope this answers some questions. Cheers!

CReflect wrote on 4/19/2020, 8:30 AM

Hi everyone, hopefully someone is still reading these forums that can help me with the mess that I have created.

I downloaded all of the extra content when i upgraded to Acid 9/10 Pro and opted to move the MxSynth sub-directory that is mentioned in the post above. The problem is I don't know what instrument I should be pointing at this sub directory to make the instruments work, as I have tried the Vita 2 Sampler and the DN-e1 synth but neither of those seem correct. If it is neither of those I think I may have accidently deleted the pointer in the plug in manager to the correct instrument!!

Like I said a bit of a mess and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Former user wrote on 4/19/2020, 4:49 PM

Hi everyone, hopefully someone is still reading these forums that can help me with the mess that I have created.

I downloaded all of the extra content when i upgraded to Acid 9/10 Pro and opted to move the MxSynth sub-directory that is mentioned in the post above. The problem is I don't know what instrument I should be pointing at this sub directory to make the instruments work, as I have tried the Vita 2 Sampler and the DN-e1 synth but neither of those seem correct. If it is neither of those I think I may have accidently deleted the pointer in the plug in manager to the correct instrument!!

Like I said a bit of a mess and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just uninstall it all and let it reinstall. It will again end up in c:/user/common files/magix where it gets installed by default. Double check the path, I wrote it in a hurry.

CReflect wrote on 4/26/2020, 4:42 PM

I would just uninstall it all and let it reinstall. It will again end up in c:/user/common files/magix where it gets installed by default. Double check the path, I wrote it in a hurry.

Thanks for answering my question. Just to be clear, when you say unistall it all do you mean the sampler and the synth as well as the new instruments or just the new extra instruments.

Sorry any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Former user wrote on 4/27/2020, 11:03 AM

Thanks for answering my question. Just to be clear, when you say unistall it all do you mean the sampler and the synth as well as the new instruments or just the new extra instruments.

Sorry any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am saying everything. From a fresh clean install. That way it will re-route everything to the default place as I mentioned up there in the C drive path.