SONY ACID Music Studio 7 with Windows 10

j-s wrote on 5/6/2024, 1:02 AM

Hello, I know it was released a long time ago, before windows 7 even, but has anyone successfully installed sony acid 7 (music studio or pro) onto a Windows 10 machine?

I purchased Acid Pro 10 a couple of years ago and the thing is broken,

I was waiting for some kind of upgrade or fix to be released, but it's just never happened,

Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/6/2024, 2:54 PM

@j-s I would suggest you simply try it out.

MarkInFL wrote on 5/17/2024, 1:09 PM

Hi - I used Sony (Acid) Music Studio 32bit on Windows 10pro 64bit until recently when I updated to Win11 pro 64 bit. Music Studio 10 works with both -- and Music Studio 7 should work, as well, but.... Make sure you have installed MS 7 in "Compatibility Mode." When you start the .exe installation file, RIGHT-CLICK on it and choose Show More Options, then choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Win11 likes to do it automatically, but it may ask the last OS that worked. Choose Windows 7 32bit. Then go to your Windows settings and make sure your microphone is allowed for all apps & desktop apps. Good luck.

Prioner wrote on 5/17/2024, 2:02 PM

I've had some success running Sony ACID Music Studio 7 on Windows 10 by using compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and set it to Windows 7. After installation, do the same for the program executable. It’s not perfect, but it’s a workaround that might help until there’s a better fix for Acid Pro 10. Hope this helps!

j-s wrote on 5/18/2024, 1:56 AM

Hi - I used Sony (Acid) Music Studio 32bit on Windows 10pro 64bit until recently when I updated to Win11 pro 64 bit. Music Studio 10 works with both -- and Music Studio 7 should work, as well, but.... Make sure you have installed MS 7 in "Compatibility Mode." When you start the .exe installation file, RIGHT-CLICK on it and choose Show More Options, then choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Win11 likes to do it automatically, but it may ask the last OS that worked. Choose Windows 7 32bit. Then go to your Windows settings and make sure your microphone is allowed for all apps & desktop apps. Good luck.

Thanks, That was just the info I was looking for, managed to find a seller in Germany who has a few NOS Sony Acid music maker 7 Discs for sale on ebay.👍

j-s wrote on 5/18/2024, 1:58 AM

Be good to try and get back to when the software worked somewhat properly,

j-s wrote on 5/18/2024, 11:26 AM

I've had some success running Sony ACID Music Studio 7 on Windows 10 by using compatibility mode. Right-click on the installer, go to Properties, then Compatibility, and set it to Windows 7. After installation, do the same for the program executable. It’s not perfect, but it’s a workaround that might help until there’s a better fix for Acid Pro 10. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the Info.👍