Comments

SP. wrote on 3/18/2023, 3:01 PM

@John-Walsh5524 Can you show us a screenshot of the crash details from the Windows Reliability Monitor? Please upload the screenshots to this forum by clicking on the blue arrow icon above the response text box.

SP. wrote on 3/18/2023, 3:25 PM

@John-Walsh5524 Thanks, but this message says basically only that Sound Forge crashed. That's why I ask for the error description from the Windows Reliability Monitor. https://winbuzzer.com/2021/06/03/windows-10-how-to-use-reliability-monitor-to-analyze-system-crashes-and-freezes-xcxwbt/

John-Walsh5524 wrote on 3/18/2023, 3:49 PM

thanks, try this...

John-Walsh5524 wrote on 3/18/2023, 4:51 PM

it appears that VST servers stops working.

rraud wrote on 3/18/2023, 5:18 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @John-Walsh5524.

First, try "Reset all preferences and clear cached data"... Assuming you cannot access the "File" menu command, use the alternate method: Hold down the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys, whilst launching Sound Forge.

If that fails to resolve the issue, completely uninstall Sound Forge using a third-party uninstaller and reinstall. I recommend using 'Revo Uninstall' choosing the 'Advanced' scan mode. Revo will uninstall and remove the left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which can cause an issue to reoccur.. Revo Uninstall has a pro and freeware versions. The free version is adequate in most cases.

SP. wrote on 3/18/2023, 5:22 PM

@John-Walsh5524 Ok, thanks. That's interesting. Have you installed new VSTs between the last time Sound Forge has worked fine and today? Sound Forge scans VST paths on each start.

Try the reset tip from the post above. This could help.

John-Walsh5524 wrote on 3/18/2023, 5:32 PM

I "Reset all preferences and clear cached data". And it rescanned and loaded correctly!

Thanks!!