Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 - Did I buy the wrong thing?

UGB wrote on 1/14/2021, 4:27 PM

For years I used SoundForge Pro 4 and 6 to do a few basic things. Those no longer work, are 16 bit, etc, so I had to upgrade to a newer version, Audio Studio 14. All I want to is:

Trim the beginning and/or end of a WAV file

Fade the end of a WAV file

Normalize the WAV file

Make the WAV file louder (on my previous version of SoundForge this was called Wave Hammer, doesn't exist anymore)

That's it. That's all I need to do and I've been able to do the first 3 but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make the WAV file louder like Wave Hammer did. I thought it would be in the Mastering applications of the program but the iZotope seems to be something just to put on a lead vocal track. I need to make the whole WAV file LOUDER. How do I do this with Audio Studio 14? Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/14/2021, 5:57 PM

@UGB You need Sound Forge Pro for Wave Hammer. The Audio Studio version is a cheaper feature reduced version for hobbyists. But Sound Forge Audio Studio can use VST plugins. This means you can search on Google for any free compressor VST and maximizer VST and use them to make the file louder.

rraud wrote on 1/14/2021, 6:11 PM

AFAIK, Audio Studio-14 includes iZotope's Ozone Elements, which has decent tools to maximize volume. It includes a nice paragraphic EQ and an imager. Volume and EQ can be an automatic option, but it ain't perfect by any stretch, The Ozone installer is an option in the main SF install manager. It has a separate serial from SF and should be in the email with SF's serial code (at least it is in SF Pro). I do not think AS includes Wave Hammer.. the free "LoudMax" VST plug-in is a popular alternative. but does not have the vintage leveler sound. Other than that, AS is a very basic editor and the low price reflects that.

I do not know if SF- 6 will run on Win 7. 8 and 10. In my tests a few years ago, SF Pro 8, 9, 10 and 11 ran just fine in Win 10. SF 4.5 and 5 ran in Vista and XP. I did not bother to try 4, 5, 6 and 7 in Win 10.

condex wrote on 1/14/2021, 6:36 PM

If SF Audio Studio is the same as SF Pro, which it should be re this issue, the options under menu items like Effects are greyed out until an audio track is loaded into the workspace.

rraud wrote on 1/15/2021, 11:36 AM

When SF is purchased from Magix, An email is sent with the pertinent serial codes and download link. This email sometimes ends up in one's spam or junk mail folder. I do not know how it works when SF is purchased from Best Buy.

Ozone Elements can also be downloaded directly from iZotope and installed., but your still need the serial code to activate it.