Comments

rraud wrote on 2/2/2022, 12:05 PM

There are no Direct X or third-party plug-ins available in Audio Studio 16 FX Plug-in's (aka, Favorites) Organize. the legacy version of Wave Hammer and others that could previously be shared from SF Pro are no longer available either (as was possible in AS-15).

rraud wrote on 2/4/2022, 12:49 PM

The APU wFX and the Wizard FX compressors causes AS-16 to totally crash when a parameter is selected.

xman_charl wrote on 2/5/2022, 11:47 AM

notice when double click between markers...no selection between markers

sound forge pro...double click between markers....selection between markers

sorry but this is important to me

rraud wrote on 2/5/2022, 1:14 PM

I had noticed that as well and assumed it was a Win Fast/Slow click setting on my PC ... but it was not. I discovered double-clicking faster than 'normal' selects the region.
I hope this gets fixed in the update. I also hope the developers are notified of the issues in this topic.

cornell-webb wrote on 2/18/2022, 9:10 PM

Dear Community,

we hope you like the latest version of SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 16!

Feel free to leave us YOUR feedback, suggestions and feature wishes in the comments below.

We are looking forward to your input!

Best regards
MAGIX Team

What do I do if my voucher code does not work?

SP. wrote on 2/19/2022, 5:59 AM

@cornell-webb It does not work by entering it here https://www.magix.com/redeem/ ?

Depending on where you bought it, contact the seller and tell them that you need a replacement.

emmrecs wrote on 3/10/2022, 3:45 AM

@kihaennem

This is a thread about Sound Forge Audio Studio 16. You have Sound Forge Pro 16 Suite, a different product. Hence your post has been hidden because it is not relevant to this thread.

Please start a new thread with your question. Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2022, 10:53 AM

@amaury-groc

Since this is a thread about Sound Forge Audio Studio 16, can you confirm that this is the actual software you have?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/22/2022, 10:53 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2022, 2:40 PM

@amaury-groc

You have Sound Forge 16 Pro and your posts to this thread are therefore irrelevant, sorry.

Your posts will therefore be hidden.

Jeff

amaury-groc wrote on 3/23/2022, 3:26 AM

@amaury-groc

You have Sound Forge 16 Pro and your posts to this thread are therefore irrelevant, sorry.

Your posts will therefore be hidden.

Jeff

Oh I see. I posted in the wrong thread. Would it be easy for you to move my original request to the right thread? Else I'll try to rephrase it there.

johnebaker wrote on 3/23/2022, 4:15 AM

@amaury-groc

Hi

. . . . Would it be easy for you to move my original request to the right thread? . . . .

This is not possible as you have only commented in this topic.

Start a new post in the correct section of the forum.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

drmq wrote on 4/21/2022, 11:24 AM

Hi, I have Sound Forge Audio Studio version 14. I'm waiting for the version which will allow me to disable VST scanning at the beginning. I hardly use it now because of this. I need a program to *quickly* edit audio files and I neither can't remove all of my plugins nor scan them each time. I think Sound Forge shoud rescan them only when adding a VST (which in my cases is only 10% of the times I edit a file). Also, I'm looking forward to improvements in the graphical workflow and not seduced at all by any new plugins.

rraud wrote on 4/21/2022, 12:36 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @cornell-webb.

FWIW, the VST scan can be disabled when launching Sound Forge Pro. I do not know if the command will work in Audio Studio.
Please start a new topic.

Joe-Salazar wrote on 5/28/2022, 5:07 PM

Hello,

I just bought Sound Forge Audio Studio 16 and I really like it, but I would like to mention my wishlist for the next version.

1. Customizable Instant Action panel. It would be amazing to be able to create your own groups with any command from the app's menu, as well as edit the existing ones.

A few examples:

I own the iZotope Everything Bundle, so it doesn't make sense to me to have to install the "Elements" versions of the full products that I own just to be able to access them from the Instant Action panel. 

I have no use for the Fade In Fade Out button, but I do use the Graphic Fade constantly. So it would be nice for me to be able to replace the In Out Fade for the Graphic Fade and have it at my finger tips. 

The editing section only includes 6 actions and neither is Reverse, or Time Stretch, which I use constantly. It would be nice if I could add them to that section.

2. The FX Plug-Ins menu is nicely organized but very inconvenient because it is a menu. If you have a big list of plug-ins, like I do, you can't search for a plug-in because there is no search feature, and if you look for it in the Third Party submenu, it takes forever because you can only scroll one item at a time by clicking on the button at the bottom of the submenu.
As opposed to that, if you select "Apply Plug-In Chain" and then you select the "add plug-in button" then you get the "Plug-In Chooser" which is a nice window that does have a search feature, and even scrolling is super fast. THAT should be the default way of applying a plug-in not the menu. And even better if you can have a button in the "Effects" section of the Instant Action panel for it. That would be amazing.

Actually, even better than that would be to make the "Plug-In Chooser" a panel that you can dock and access in a non-modal way, and that by double-clicking a plug-in you open the window that applies that plug-in. That would be the best.

3. The application should remember the sizes of the "Apply Plug-In Chain" window as well as the "Add Plug-In" window. It's very inconvenient having to resize them every time you want to apply a new chain.

Thanks

Dom-Toulon wrote on 6/21/2022, 5:27 PM

Hello-

I just upgraded to Sound Forge v16 Pro and it took away my "FX Favorites" from the pull-down menu where I could organize my everyday plugins to be featured at the top level BUT now I must go through all these various menus to find them along with no search feature? WTF were you guys thinking or am I missing something here?

Please let me know as this is just plain stupid as a professional working audio engineer here using Sound Forge nearly 30-years!

Also I could not find Sound Forge from your Product support pull-down menu. Please let me know or is SoundForge an afterthought for the company today??

Thank you and Best Greetings from San Francisco..

Dom

ian-mandrake wrote on 6/22/2022, 3:24 AM

hi Dom-Toulon....if you've used SF for 30 years, then surely you know about the Plug-in Manager. the organize favorites window is the exact same as the plugin manager window....only you can simply dock the plugin manager window and always be able to organize your plugins and plugin folders without having to even click on the toolbar.

rraud wrote on 6/22/2022, 10:19 AM

you can simply dock the plugin manager window and always be able to organize your plugins and plugin folders without having to even click on the toolbar.

A plugin manager toolbar icon or keyboard shortcut can be created as well to open the plugin manager.

drmq wrote on 7/20/2022, 1:30 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @cornell-webb.

FWIW, the VST scan can be disabled when launching Sound Forge Pro. I do not know if the command will work in Audio Studio.
Please start a new topic.

Thank you. I already created a separate topic. I tried several approaches and I wasn't able to disable VST scan at the start:

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/disable-vst-scan--1263813/

I would upgrade to the latest version of SOUND FORGE Audio Studio if I was able to do so easily in the settings. I need to open and close my sound editor every day multiple times so the 2s of the VST scan make a huge difference. I don't mind that the VST scan takes place when I open the plugin manager or the favorites window in SF but if I only need to record an idea or trim and normalize a wave file I don't understand why I have to waste my time scanning changes in my VST's (some of them are regularly updated). Please give us that option! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy the Pro version only for this feature but I would be willing to pay 50-100eur easily for that option.

rraud wrote on 7/20/2022, 2:29 PM

The VST scan can be disabled in the 'Internal' menu, but do not think it is easier than adding " /NOVSTGROVEL" to the shortcut's target path, which is as easy as copy/paste. A second shortcut could be also be created with the VST scan enabled.

clarkerz wrote on 8/28/2022, 8:40 AM

The APU wFX and the Wizard FX compressors causes AS-16 to totally crash when a parameter is selected.

I upgraded to Sound Forge Audio Suite 16 as I am also a Vegas Pro 19 user (having now cancelled my Adobe CC Cloud Subscription) I am have exactly the same issue with the compressor crashing. Is there any fix for this?

rraud wrote on 8/28/2022, 10:37 AM

The Wizard comp crashes AS-16 on my PC as well. Use another compressor for now, there are four or five or so in SF Pro, most of which should be available in both SF Pro and SFAS.. if both installed on the same PC . Hundreds of other third-party comp/limiters are available.. free and otherwise. I like the vintage 1176 FET sound of the (legacy) Wave Hammer on music projects.

drmq wrote on 10/12/2022, 2:48 PM

The VST scan can be disabled in the 'Internal' menu, but do not think it is easier than adding " /NOVSTGROVEL" to the shortcut's target path, which is as easy as copy/paste. A second shortcut could be also be created with the VST scan enabled.

This doesn't work in Sound Forge Audio Suite 16. Please include a video showing that it works, it may be helpful to see if I have missed a step.

craig-d wrote on 10/13/2022, 1:03 AM

hi @drmq, to my knowledge, the adding /NOVSTGROVEL to the target path as a way to skip the vst scan has not been available since version 13...you'll have to disable the scan internally.

rraud wrote on 10/13/2022, 9:50 AM

Thanks @drmq for the alert.

And thanks @craig-d, I was not aware the NOVSTGROVEL target path suffix no longer works.