Comments

rraud wrote on 1/24/2021, 10:11 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Tommy-Doscher, please read the Sticky at the top of the forum's main page, and include the pertinent information with your query.

I would first try uninstall / reinstall again, but uninstall using a third-party uninstaller that can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the default uninstall leaves behind, which in usually the root of recurring issues
Revo Uninstall and Geek Uninstall are two that have pro and freeware versions.

If that does not work, try creating a new folder without the words VST and move all VST plug-ins to a non-VST folder. If SF launches successfully, replace a few at time to I.D. the offender. Note, it may take some IDing the offender.

Some VST files (.dll) may be in the Steinberg folder or another folder named "VST" in Program files and Program files (x86).

Or.. you can also request support directly from Magix.

Tommy-Doscher wrote on 1/24/2021, 2:06 PM

Thanks

I'm running windows 10 64bit

and soundforge 14( not pro) I did get an uninstaller and cleaned out the files and reinstalled but it still locks up as it is screening for plugins and never loads

i don't see any folders that say vst

rraud wrote on 1/24/2021, 5:31 PM

There is most likely one VST plug-in that is stopping SF from fully launching. , it may indicate during the scan which one is hanging. Do you have any third-part VSTs installed?

Otherwise, If you can copy and post the text from the "vst_grovel.log" file, that may indicate the offender. I recall that <.log> file is in -username> AppData> Local> Magix and/or SOUND FORGE folders> You can try deleting it as well.. it should re-build next time you launch (or attempt to launch) SF Audio Studio . btw, 'AppData' is a normally hidden system folder

If all else fails, contact Magix Tech Support.

Tommy-Doscher wrote on 1/24/2021, 6:06 PM

It’s interesting, because it never scans past 0 percent

Tommy-Doscher wrote on 1/25/2021, 9:10 AM

Tommy-Doscher wrote on 1/25/2021, 9:14 AM

emmrecs wrote on 1/25/2021, 9:44 AM

@Tommy-Doscher

Thanks for the screenshots.

The first of them seems to be suggesting a problem with \msvcr90.dll, which is a system file, not a specifically SF file. IOW, it is saying there seems to be a problem with your Windows installation, not necessarily with SF itself.

Second, what happens if you tick the box "autoskip plugins after 10 seconds"?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D

Tommy-Doscher wrote on 1/25/2021, 10:15 AM

Thank You

When I hit skip plug ins screen just hangs there