Soundpools Issues

Sa9aX wrote on 8/21/2018, 8:57 PM

Hi

I recently clean up my drive and reinstalled Music Maker, I downloaded my addons, soundpools, etc. I recently purchased and also coupons that I received in my email just in case I have to re-install Music Maker, the problem is not all soundpools couldn't be downloaded because I have to pay for it, I am missing 5 soundpools and I don't know how I got them, I created 9 songs and the software requesting these soundpools. Forgot to mention "Rescan Soundpools" did not help.

My first install was Music Maker Premium Edition 2018 and then on top of that I installed 2019 version, I didn't removed 2018 maybe I should have, was it a mistake? I found in soundpools section some samples or instruments missing but all my soundpools all working everything was ok, no problems but I couldn't stand watching those dead soundpools links, tried "Rescan Soundpools" didn't work so I reinstall everything and start fresh and here caused the problem of the missing soundpools or I can't recover lost soundpools.

Do I need to pay for those missing soundpools? Again? or was it coupons I lost?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/24/2018, 10:13 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure of what you are doing. Please watch the first part of this tutorial about Soundpools.

This will show you where the Soundpools are supposed to be located and you can go searching for them.

Reinstalling MMM has nothing to do with Soundpool loops and their locations. Having more than one version is not a problem, but when you installed 2019, after activating it and any previous versions, you would still have to go to the Store, download and install everything which you should have. This is not done automatically by installing a new version.

You don't need to pay for Soundpools again. Once done, they should always show up somewhere and you can download them again.

When you have gone through the tutorial and looked to see what is happening, come back and let us know. If you have more questions, please try to structure so that we know what you did, where and how, and what is missing.

HTH

John CB

John C.B.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Home 1903; 16Gb RAM; i7 CPU 860@2.80Gz; ATI Radeon HD5770 w1GB; SSD 500GB, HD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB; dual monitors - 27" main, 25" secondary; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer; Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 1903

Sa9aX wrote on 8/24/2018, 6:22 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure of what you are doing. Please watch the first part of this tutorial about Soundpools.

This will show you where the Soundpools are supposed to be located and you can go searching for them.

Reinstalling MMM has nothing to do with Soundpool loops and their locations. Having more than one version is not a problem, but when you installed 2019, after activating it and any previous versions, you would still have to go to the Store, download and install everything which you should have. This is not done automatically by installing a new version.

You don't need to pay for Soundpools again. Once done, they should always show up somewhere and you can download them again.

When you have gone through the tutorial and looked to see what is happening, come back and let us know. If you have more questions, please try to structure so that we know what you did, where and how, and what is missing.

HTH

John CB

I looked at the start of the video I noticed I don't have "Download free synthesizer and sound sound packages..." in the "Update program/Upgrade Functions" menu and soundpools are located in different directory that is "E:\Data\MAGIX\Music Maker\Content_Soundpools\Soundpools\Shop" they all wav files, got a blank directory in E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools and the ogg files are located "E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads".

The problem is when I load one of my songs it shows "File not Found" an .ogg synth sample missing under soundpool directory named "Deep House - Touchdown Miami" I checked the directory in my drive its not there this soundpool doesn't exist, I then checked the Store in my Music Maker software "More soundpools", found its there but it tells I need to purchase. I getting similar problem with other songs this makes 4 soundpools directories missing that I need to purchase. I think it happened when I removed everything even soundpools and upgrade to the new version. The program didn't let me download all purchased soundpools, 4 soundpools missing that need purchased are Deep House - Touchdown Miami, Rock Pop - No Time, Ambient - Interference, Chillout - Mother Earth. Couldn't it be that some soundpools where free for limited time only?

Another thing is in the "About..." menu it tells me my version is Music Maker 27.0.0.16 but it doesn't say Premium Edition, in the "Activate Edition.." menu, under older programs list they are 3 keys already activated (ticked), Music Maker Premium Edition 2018, Music Maker Premium Edition 2019 and Music Maker Hip Hop Beat Producer Edition 2018. I am not sure which version I am using 2018 or 2019.

I going to see the video again to learn more about the program.

johnebaker wrote on 8/25/2018, 3:37 AM

@Sa9aX

Hi

. . . . "E:\Data\MAGIX\Music Maker\Content_Soundpools\Soundpools\Shop" they all wav files, got a blank directory in E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools and the ogg files are located "E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads". . . .

Did you do a custom installation if so what did you change?

What is the E: drive - an internal hard drive, external hard drive or what?

Where is your Documents folder located?

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Sa9aX wrote on 8/25/2018, 7:11 AM

@Sa9aX

Hi

. . . . "E:\Data\MAGIX\Music Maker\Content_Soundpools\Soundpools\Shop" they all wav files, got a blank directory in E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Soundpools and the ogg files are located "E:\Data\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads". . . .

Did you do a custom installation if so what did you change?

What is the E: drive - an internal hard drive, external hard drive or what?

Where is your Documents folder located?

John EB

Yep I did, I didn't like destination to C: eg. Documents and Settings, Program Files or Users directories it takes space and I want C: (System) to be only for Windows files and settings. I chose to destinate to Documents directory (E:) I call it Data or Saved Games directory.

I noticed I found other directories while I did the custom install.

C:\Documents and Settings\(USER)\AppData\Roaming,

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\MAGIX,

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX,

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX,

C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX

C:\Users\All Users\MAGIX

Not sure if this part was from the old version.

Anyway I have 1 drive for Win only files SYS (C:) and 1 drive with 2 partitions called PRGS (D:) and WORK (E:)

Sorry I am person like to be organised.

johnebaker wrote on 8/25/2018, 7:29 AM

@Sa9aX

Hi

. . . . Yep I did, I didn't like destination to C: eg. Documents and Settings, Program Files or Users directories it takes space and I want C: (System) to be only for Windows files and settings. I chose to destinate to Documents directory (E:) I call it Data or Saved Games directory. . . . .

That is more or less what I suspected you had done.

Did you relocate the following directories or sub directories to the D drive - if so how?

• C:\Documents and Settings to the E: drive

• C:\ProgramData and C:\Users to the D: drive

What version of Windows are you using ?

John EB

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015.

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 8/25/2018, 8:04 AM

@Sa9aX

Hi,

Further to what John EB indicated, did you also modify the Program Settings of MMM to point to the locations of your files?

Here is what I have:

I am the user Admin.

You will have to change these default locations to what you want.

As far as the program goes, like all Windows programs, you cannot just move things to other folders or drives; they have to be custom installed at those locations.

For the Soundpools, since you moved the default directory, downloading them may have put them where the default Project Settings show, so check that location.

Also, some may end up under:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MAGIX downloads

or D or E, in your case, so you check there as well.

Live Pads show up under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads

Although these are all Soundpool Loops, they are accessed through Live Pads within MMM. Live Pads needs to be able to find these and if moved, I don't know what happens.

John CB

John C.B.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Home 1903; 16Gb RAM; i7 CPU 860@2.80Gz; ATI Radeon HD5770 w1GB; SSD 500GB, HD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB; dual monitors - 27" main, 25" secondary; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer; Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 1903

johnebaker wrote on 8/25/2018, 11:53 AM

@browj2

Hi John

Is there a reason your Exports and Recordings file paths point to the Soundpool location?

This is what my locations are when moved to another hard drive

John EB

browj2 wrote on 8/25/2018, 12:40 PM

@johnebaker

Oops! This was the one that was there by default or something. I had made an export of it before changing the paths and then accidently still exported the wrong image with a different filename. I meant to post this one:

I really don't know how the paths got all mucked up before. I'll have to watch for this when I update MMM on my desktop.

Thanks for pointing this out.

John CB

John C.B.

Sa9aX wrote on 8/25/2018, 5:48 PM

@Sa9aX

Hi

. . . . Yep I did, I didn't like destination to C: eg. Documents and Settings, Program Files or Users directories it takes space and I want C: (System) to be only for Windows files and settings. I chose to destinate to Documents directory (E:) I call it Data or Saved Games directory. . . . .

That is more or less what I suspected you had done.

Did you relocate the following directories or sub directories to the D drive - if so how?

• C:\Documents and Settings to the E: drive

• C:\ProgramData and C:\Users to the D: drive

What version of Windows are you using ?

John EB

No I wouldn't move those directories, I only moved the Documents directory from C:\Documents and Settings\USER in a different partition this is E:\Documents (Saved Games) directory, it writes or searches data files here. I used Windows 10 Manager (Tweaking software) to redirect C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Documents to E:\Documents (called Saved Games). I am using Windows 10 Pro.

Sa9aX wrote on 8/25/2018, 6:08 PM

@Sa9aX

Hi,

Further to what John EB indicated, did you also modify the Program Settings of MMM to point to the locations of your files?

Here is what I have:

I am the user Admin.

You will have to change these default locations to what you want.

As far as the program goes, like all Windows programs, you cannot just move things to other folders or drives; they have to be custom installed at those locations.

For the Soundpools, since you moved the default directory, downloading them may have put them where the default Project Settings show, so check that location.

Also, some may end up under:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\MAGIX downloads

or D or E, in your case, so you check there as well.

Live Pads show up under:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads

Although these are all Soundpool Loops, they are accessed through Live Pads within MMM. Live Pads needs to be able to find these and if moved, I don't know what happens.

John CB

Yes I did change defaults location.

E:\Saved Games\MAGIX Downloads (Original called E:\Documents\MAGIX Downloads)

In this directory I find in "installationsmanager" directory the premium edition software

E:\Saved Games\MAGIX\Common\Live Pads

A list of different types of music styles they all .ogg samples files, already checked here samples I am missing aren't here even the soundpools or live pads, I see other live pads but not too sure those on my software soundpool list are ogg sample I am loading (clicking), maybe its a wav file I'm loading in the program.

Sa9aX wrote on 8/25/2018, 6:21 PM

Hi John,

My Custom installation I didn't like the default installation.

The other is located at D:\Audio\MMMP\Templates_Effects\27

E:\Data is actually E:\Documents or E:\Saved Games if you change name to one of those directories it will still work, I named back to E:\Documents I don't think it affects other software that uses Documents like game playing.

mckenzie-jones wrote on 9/22/2019, 12:13 AM

I recently upgraded versions, after updating I can lo longer browse or purchase new soundpools. My store icon says that I have 10 notifications, my soundpool tab has the "NEW" indicator as if they're are new ones available but whenever I click to browse the area is blank and says "No items matching this selection are available for purchase"... I can't even browse them in the store.....

johnebaker wrote on 9/23/2019, 6:50 AM

@mckenzie-jones

Hi

Have you tried logging out then in to Store?

John EB

mckenzie-jones wrote on 9/23/2019, 12:30 PM

Yes. A few times, does nothing. Even tried cleaning up the store and rescanning my soundpools.