Store App within Magix Music Maker

Chris504 wrote on 4/15/2017, 10:28 AM

I'm using the latest version of Magix Music Maker Premium and I'm pleased with the product. My only problem is every time I try to purchase from the store inside the program; the program crashes. It never allows me to purchase anything. Is anyone else having this problem or figured out a work around ???

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/15/2017, 1:16 PM

Hi

Is Music Maker Premium patched up to date - the latest version is 24.1.5.112 - see under Help, About . . . ?

Do you get any error messages ?

Also please read this post and provide any additional information which may be relevant.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Chris504 wrote on 4/19/2017, 5:42 AM

I'm using that version. I get the error message Music Maker Premium v.24 doesn't work anymore. The options within the error message are to 1. send error report to Magix 2. close program 3. continue program(not recommended) 4. forward error to Windows.

johnebaker wrote on 4/19/2017, 6:45 AM

Hi

. . . . The options within the error message are to 1. send error report to Magix 2. close program 3. continue program(not recommended) 4. forward error to Windows. . . . .

Did you select option 1 ? This will ask you for more information and then send the error to Magix, it also clears the error flag so that the next time the program starts it should not pop up the message again unless another error occurs.

Try the following:

1. Restart the program and make a note of any error messages you get when starting if you get the above error send it to Magix.

2. Then reset the program to its default settings File, Settings, Reset . . . .

Note - this will reset any customisation of the program settings you have made eg folder paths etc.

3. Shut down Music Maker

4. Restart your computer - Start button, Power, Restart - do not power off and restart - this does not clear any Windows issues that may be around.

5. Open Music Maker and try connecting to the store again.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/19/2017, 6:46 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Chris504 wrote on 4/20/2017, 3:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I tried that and it still didn't work. My main problem is when I bought the program I was given a voucher with 50$ to spend in the app store. Since I can't open it is there any way to link directly to the store outside of the Magix program.

johnebaker wrote on 4/21/2017, 2:48 AM

Hi

The alternative way to get soundpools etc is to browse to catooh.com

See here for the FAQ - note you are responsible for backing up purchases from Catooh and this article.

HTH

John EB

Chris504 wrote on 4/21/2017, 3:09 AM

I bought soundpools from there but I can't use my 50$ voucher on there.

johnebaker wrote on 4/21/2017, 3:33 AM

Hi

Please do not double post in another members topic - the additional information there should be in this thread to maintain continuity and help us help you.

Based on the additional information:

. . . When I try to make a purchase I get an error that forces me to close the program. Other than the app store issues; everything else works great. On my secondary computer, trying to purchase from the app store makes the computer freeze; forcing me to do a hard reboot. I'm downloading the free version now to see if I can finally purchase from the app store. . . .

The issue is a common one between both computers - this would indicate that it is not a program issue.

What firewall / antivirus program are you using?

Does Music Maker have permissions to connect to the Internet.

Will Music Maker connect to the store if you run the program as Administrator - right click the Music maker shortcut and select Run as administrator

John EB

Chris504 wrote on 4/22/2017, 3:59 AM

Thanks for the help, I tried everything you suggested and it's still crashing. I use Avast and Windows Firewall. Running it as an admin didn't work either. I'll just use Catooh instead of the app store.

ed-boerrigter wrote on 2/3/2018, 8:33 AM

Thanks for the help, I tried everything you suggested and it's still crashing. I use Avast and Windows Firewall. Running it as an admin didn't work either. I'll just use Catooh instead of the app store.

same here the store dont open so i cant activate

Tangles wrote on 5/10/2018, 2:34 AM

same here the store dont open so i cant activate

Hey all,

I was having the same problem, so I started playing around with the settings for the app itself and managed to get it working by running it in Compatibility Mode.
I don't know what kind of Operating System you're working with (I'm still rocking Windows 7 myself), but after changing the app to run in Windows XP(Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode Set it stopped crashing in the usual spots around the store.
Changed the setting for all users just in case ;]

Anyway, I hope this helps Folks!

VDS wrote on 12/7/2019, 5:02 AM

I'm using the latest version of Magix Music Maker Premium and I'm pleased with the product. My only problem is every time I try to purchase from the store inside the program; the program crashes. It never allows me to purchase anything. Is anyone else having this problem or figured out a work around ???

I've the same problem but, in addition, I cannot register Sound Forge 12 (error 14) and cannot redeem the instruments and the soundpools (no connection to Internet)  which  I've bought when buying the "suite" including Music Maker Premium and Samplitude Audio Studio.

I'm waiting to see if the program licenses will renovate without connection to Internet...

There is NO WAY TO HAVE CONCRETE SUPPORT FROM MAGIX to solve these issues; in Italy Phone technical support has been termminated.

I will not buy anything elso from MAGIX in the future.

johnebaker wrote on 12/7/2019, 6:04 AM

@VDS

Hi

. . . . I cannot register Sound Forge 12 (error 14) . . . .

Soundforge has its own forum - see links at the top of the page.

A quick answer though is error -14 usually means you're putting a valid MAGIX serial number into the wrong MAGIX product or version/edition.

What is the version number and full name of the Music Maker program as appears in Help, About ?

. . . . NO WAY TO HAVE CONCRETE SUPPORT FROM MAGIX to solve these issues . . . .

Support is through a ticketing system - use the Contact link at the bottom of every forum page. The ticketing system ensures that the all program issues get logged and checked by Support, and repeated and/or reproducible issues are flagged for fixing.

John EB

Forum Moderator

VDS wrote on 12/10/2019, 3:56 AM

Dear John,

the serial number which I tried to use to activate "Sound Forge 12" is the one and only which I received in the "Music Maker Premium" box; if anything is wrong, any mistake and/or malfunctioning it can be only on MAGIX side.

When I tried to obtain support, the "ticketing system" wrote me that the version of the program which I had bought just six weeks before was "too old" and I couldn't get any ticket.

But the activation of "Sound Forge 12" is not the only problem which I have with "Music Maker Premium"; I cannot access to the store to redeem the contents which I paid for (error: no connection to internet") and when I tried to buy directly from the "Store" I could not install what I bought (this happens also with "Samplitude Studio").

Navigating on internet in the various "forums" I've seen that I'm not the only user of MAGIX Products complaining for malfunctionings/bugs which prevent the use of what we paid for.

So, once again: . . . . NO WAY TO HAVE CONCRETE SUPPORT FROM MAGIX to solve these issues and no way to have the money back . . . .

In any case, thank you for trying to help me.

VDS

browj2 wrote on 12/10/2019, 8:21 AM

@VDS

You lost me there. You say that "the serial number which I tried to use to activate "Sound Forge 12" is the one and only which I received in the "Music Maker Premium" box."

Box? Did you purchase on-line or did you buy a boxed version? If you only received 1 serial number and you bought Music Maker Premium, then the activation code would be for Music Maker, no?

If you purchased on-line, then you would have received an activation code for each component of the Suite. So, what, exactly, was supposed to be with the Suite?

If you received an email, did you scroll down to see if there were more activation codes?

So, once again: . . . . NO WAY TO HAVE CONCRETE SUPPORT FROM MAGIX to solve these issues and no way to have the money back . . . .

False!

If you have registered at least one thing that you purchased, you should be able to go into Support, log in and create a ticket. Click on the Contact link at the bottom of every forum page (in the black part). Log in and create a ticket.

You can also go into your account from the Magix.com site by clicking on the Account Login link at the top right of the screen. This is separate from the login for raising a ticket. Look at the My Products part. Your purchases will be there, if registered, along with the activation codes.

Indicate which version of Music Maker that you are using. In the program, click on Help, About. Which version do you have?

Are you logged in to the Store? Upper right of the screen above the Media Pool.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Tangles wrote on 12/10/2019, 8:47 AM

Hey VDS!

As your store problem goes, have you been running the program (Magix Music Maker) As Administrator? I find that it fixes some problems for me in general and I was hoping it might help with the internet access problem your app seems to be running into.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Sound Forge as well. Wish I could offer some advice, but I dont have alot of experience with that program. Maybe try redownloading it and running As Administrator as well?

Best of luck!

johnebaker wrote on 12/10/2019, 11:16 AM

@VDS

. . . . it can be only on MAGIX side . . . error: no connection to internet . . . .

This sounds like the problem is at your end - there have been several issues with Anti Virus/Firewall software blocking some Magix programs accessing the Internet.

Windows Defender in particular does this when Ransomware protection, Protected folders is turned on.

Check the Music Maker is allowed through your firewall and try @Tangles suggestion.

John EB

ralftaro wrote on 12/12/2019, 6:56 AM

@VDS

Hi there,

Just a few remarks in addition to what was already said:

If you're really experiencing the problem with the support website rejecting you with a current product, please try logging out completely from the support website and logging back in once. That should force a syncing of the support website with the actual customer database. Also, you can always choose the sales support option on the support website to get through with a problem like this. There won't be any checks regarding the age of your software, and thus no such problem.

You would receive your serial number for SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 12 via e-mail once you are actually able to successfully redeem the Music Maker Premium edition serial number within Music Maker. It is generated and assigned by the MAGIX server. Since you're apparently not able to do so at the moment, for technical reasons, you wouldn't have received the SF Audio Studio serial number yet. If assume you performed the Audio Studio installation through some other source - not the Music Maker in-app store. So, it might be the wrong version as well. However, this consideration only becomes relevant once you have addressed the primary problem at hand.

So, as far as the online connectivity issue with Music Maker's store goes, a few helpful things have already been said above. I have to say that such issues are really rare with Music Maker and the in-app store system. Unlike other MAGIX software and components, it doesn't rely on the Internet Exporer API. The in-app store system uses Qt's webkit for connectivity, which in turn uses a Chromium engine that it installs with the main program. So, there aren't really many things that can go wrong here, and it's hard to mess up this system in the same manner that you could mess up Internet Explorer API settings. Security/firewall settings is really something you might want to look into. Or maybe this was just some kind of temporary issue? Please give it another try.

Good luck, and make sure to contact support as discussed above if you need to!