Text-to-speech subscription in Video Deluxe 2024

dirkc_be wrote on 9/18/2023, 7:08 AM

When I open the text-to-speech functionality in the Magix hub, I get the following comment:
"You don't have a valid subscription. A valid subscription is required to download and use the TTS services."

Now what? No link, no nothing. What can I do to have that subscription?

My PC:
Windows 10 - V 10.0.19044 Build 19044; V21H2 (up-to-date)
CPU: Intel I7 - 8700; 3,20 GHz; 6 cores; 12 logical cores
RAM: 32 GB
C-Drive (System): SSD 512 GB
D-Drive (data): SSD 1 TB
Graphical card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050; RAM: 2 GB; Curent refresh rate: 60 Hz (driver up-to-date)
Audio Card (external): Scarlett Focusrite 2i1 USB

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/18/2023, 7:35 AM

@dirkc_be You need to buy Video Deluxe 365 or Movie Studio 365, not 2024.

Maybe contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for a refund of your 2024 version and get the 365 version.

Alternatively use an external text to speech service, for example ElevenLabs.

dirkc_be wrote on 9/18/2023, 10:08 AM

I think Magix has to be more clear in their communication: the names of their video tools change all the time, I get discounts pop-ups for the wrong versions enz. They mentioned the text-to-speech functionality in the Video Deluxe 2024 pub, but apparently it's not available.
Now you tell me I have to buy another tool: what happens with my old projects? Is the new tool backwards compatible?
I used to be a happy since more than 10 years, now I'm mostly confused...

My PC:
Windows 10 - V 10.0.19044 Build 19044; V21H2 (up-to-date)
CPU: Intel I7 - 8700; 3,20 GHz; 6 cores; 12 logical cores
RAM: 32 GB
C-Drive (System): SSD 512 GB
D-Drive (data): SSD 1 TB
Graphical card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050; RAM: 2 GB; Curent refresh rate: 60 Hz (driver up-to-date)
Audio Card (external): Scarlett Focusrite 2i1 USB

SP. wrote on 9/18/2023, 10:30 AM

@dirkc_be Video Deluxe 365 is the same program as Video Deluxe 2024, only you need to pay monthly or yearly to use it, and you'll get all future versions, as long as you keep paying.

Video Deluxe 2024 on the other hand is one payment only.

Keenan-Powell wrote on 3/13/2024, 11:39 AM

I have had to login 3x's to be able to leave a comment. Don't you think that is a little excessive? Also, I'm having the same problem with Video Studio 21 and your telling me that it is because I bought it as opposed to being charged monthly for a lot more money? That my best bet is to go back to Revoicer? You should be glad you are cheaper than Adobe is. I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Magix.

emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2024, 11:56 AM

@Keenan-Powell

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so no-one who posts here has any control over how Magix choose to market their products, sorry.

It is made quite clear at the foot of the web page for MMS here that access to Text to Speech is exclusively for the 365 (subscription) versions of MMS, either Platinum or Suite.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Keenan-Powell wrote on 3/13/2024, 12:21 PM

@Keenan-Powell

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so no-one who posts here has any control over how Magix choose to market their products, sorry.

It is made quite clear at the foot of the web page for MMS here that access to Text to Speech is exclusively for the 365 (subscription) versions of MMS, either Platinum or Suite.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Then why is it mentioned at all inside of Vegas Pro 21?

Keenan-Powell wrote on 3/13/2024, 12:25 PM

@Keenan-Powell

Jeff
Forum Moderator

How do I email customer service directly? Not through the forums, but I want to talk to someone in customer support.

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2024, 12:54 PM

@Keenan-Powell

Hi

. . . . How do I email customer service directly? . . . .

@SP. gave this information above here.

Can you clarify which program(s) you have because:

1. . . . . Video Studio 21 . . . .

There is no such program, do you mean Magix Movie Studio 2021,

or

2. You mentioned in later post Vegas Pro 21?

If Vegas Pro 21 then you are in the wrong forum for this product. Vegas Pro has its own forum, link is at the bottom of this page.

. . . . I have had to login 3x's to be able to leave a comment. Don't you think that is a little excessive? . . . .

What error messages you were getting? If there is an issue logging in and you did not get a 'Server failed to respond' message, then the most common reasons are:

• Forgetting to check the Security question/reCAPTCHA option in the login dialogue.

• Typo in your email address or password, often accompanied by not checking the reCAPTCHA option when returned to the login dialogue to try again.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/13/2024, 12:59 PM, changed a total of 4 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Reyfox wrote on 3/14/2024, 6:30 AM

@Keenan-Powell, just like with Magix editing software, Text to Speech is part of the 365 subscription. That is clearly made visible on the Vegas website when you decide which version to purchase.

Why does it appear in the menu list? It's part of the software. Just like you will see a green circle with an E in the middle on any asset on the timeline if you have all the buttons checkmarked for Visible. But if you don't have Post, it will not work. Look at the top of the Preview window, and you will see an orange circle with a "V" in it. That is for Vegas Image. If again, you don't have Post, it will not work.

Keenan-Powell wrote on 3/14/2024, 8:50 AM

@Keenan-Powell, just like with Magix editing software, Text to Speech is part of the 365 subscription. That is clearly made visible on the Vegas website when you decide which version to purchase.

Why does it appear in the menu list? It's part of the software. Just like you will see a green circle with an E in the middle on any asset on the timeline if you have all the buttons checkmarked for Visible. But if you don't have Post, it will not work. Look at the top of the Preview window, and you will see an orange circle with a "V" in it. That is for Vegas Image. If again, you don't have Post, it will not work.

No, my copy says "You don't have a valid subscription. A valid subscription is required to download and use the TTS services." But, don't worry. Just like any other long time user of Magix, I joined an outside organization to use their TTS service.

emmrecs wrote on 3/14/2024, 9:16 AM

@Keenan-Powell

From an earlier post you made it seems you actually have Vegas Pro 21. So this is not the forum for you, as previously advised.

I'm not sure why you posted the error message about "You don't have a valid subscription. ...". whilst saying "No" to what @Reyfox wrote? Several of us have made very clear to you that it is Magix' policy that TTS is available only to users who take out a subscription to the software.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/14/2024, 9:20 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam