Track markers

Charles-Thomas wrote on 10/5/2018, 11:33 PM

I am using SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO 9.0 and I want to know how to either prevent the program from installing automatic track markers or how to remove them before I save the file. The program is putting track markers in the middle of a song and saving it as two separate files. I cannot find a way to prevent it and it gives me no options to delete them when I save the file. It just gives me a pop up saying it is adding tracks. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/6/2018, 10:36 AM

Not sure about SF Audio Studio, but in SF Pro, in a new 'Save' or 'Save as' window, there is an check box option to "Save metadata with file". When this option is not check marked, markers, regions and other metadata will be eliminated upon save.

Maybe someone who has Audio Studio can elaborate.

Save as' window from AS 8 manual.

Charles-Thomas wrote on 10/12/2018, 3:48 PM

When I use the RECORD AUDIO FROM A VINYL RECORD program I do not get that dialog box, It goes straight to the saved folder with the track marks. I had one 3-1/2 minute song with 5 tracks in it. If I record the record onto my computer, with another program, and then clean it up with AUDIO RESTORATION it does not add tracks and gives me that dialog box when I save it. Any ideas so I can do it in the one program? thank you.

rraud wrote on 10/12/2018, 4:43 PM

Is "RECORD AUDIO FROM A VINYL RECORD" a third-party application or some kind of SF FX preset?

Charles-Thomas wrote on 10/12/2018, 6:46 PM

When you first boot up SONY SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO 9.0 you get a dialog pop up titled HOW TO with a list of items the program will step you through. It is the same as the VINYL RECORDING AND RESTORATION choice in the TOOLS menu.

rraud wrote on 10/13/2018, 1:38 PM

In SF, digitizing is inherently PCM and has little to do with what format it is saved as, Saving as an AIFF <.aif> would maintain the lossless PCM type (like WAVE), but without the metadata. The same goes for the Vinyl restoration processes (like FX), that can be applied before or after the initial save
Sorry, I do not have any version AS to experiment.