Transition box delay opening. poss due to 'Recently used' added?

Gid wrote on 2/17/2020, 2:50 PM

Hi, My Movie Edit Pro Plus 2020 just updated & the transition box on the track has an annoying delay to set the transition/length, it's quite a short delay but when you're in the flow it's too long, it didn't have this delay before they added 'Recently used' to the options on the pop-up box/list, I guess the delay is due to the program having to think for a minute while it gathers the history info, I have a decent PC, SSD, i7-7700 3.6GHz quad core with 16GB RAM, I restarted my PC when it updated & this is a New project, there should be no history on this program or the PC to create a Recently used list?

Is there anything i can do to improve this? Thanks.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/18/2020, 7:24 AM

@Gid

Hi

. . . . .Is there anything i can do to improve this? . . . .

None that I have found - for me the delay is about 2.5 - 3 secs, it looks like the transitions available are being scanned every time you open the transition popup.

As you say it is annoying - this has been reported to Magix, however it would help if you raise a support ticket through the Support link at the top of any forum page.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX 12, MEP Premium 2020, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2021 and Music Maker 2020.

Running Windows 10 2004 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Gid wrote on 2/18/2020, 12:52 PM

Thanks, glad I'm not the only one & it has been reported,👍 The delay for me is truly represented in the vid i added so yeah similar, about 2secs, & yep it seems to be gathering that info every time,

I'll look into the support ticket, although I don't not what that is I'm sure I'll find out .

Hopefully Magix will work it out or simply remove this feature, for me i don't think it would be useful to have recently used transitions at hand like that. when making my YT vids i tend to just use cross-fade by dragging the clip into the track, then dragging it over the previous clip, then setting the transition length/time with the popup, if i want a fancier transition i just have to click on the Templates tab where the transitions will still prob be open if I'd been there recently

browj2 wrote on 2/18/2020, 1:29 PM

@Gid

Hi,

If you don't complain, Magix will think that all is well.

To change the duration of the transition, rather than right-clicking, with the right clip selected and if you've already made a rough transition, press N to open the edit trimmer.

A will adjust the transition length if possible. If the objects are not photos and have not been trimmed, then you can't adjust the duration with these arrows.

B will move the transition left and right, but keep the same duration, assuming that a clip has been trimmed or there are photos.

C will move the right object left and right to increase or decrease the crossfade duration - you'll see the timer in A change. This is great for untrimmed clips and you don't have to go back and drag the right clip farther over the left clip.

The bottom far left and right buttons (with scissors) take you to the previous/next transition.

John CB

John C.B.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Home 1903; 16Gb RAM; i7 CPU 860@2.80Gz; ATI Radeon HD5770 w1GB; SSD 500GB, HD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB; dual monitors - 27" main, 25" secondary; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer; Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 1903

Gid wrote on 2/18/2020, 1:51 PM

Thankyou, I'll keep that in mind but that takes longer than the 2secs it takes for the popup to open. i will make efforts to inform Magix 👍

I make 20mins-ish YT vids of my work, at the moment i have 200 clips of this latest job I'm editing into a couple of 20mins vids, I did a job over Xmas that i have 700 clips still to edit so efficiency/speed is key, as few clicks as poss, in this day n age i expect instant access to the transition length, there shouldn't be that kind of delay with the tech now, as it was before they added the Recently used sliding list. at the moment I'm just adding quite a few clips to the track then from the popup I'm selecting apply to all the following,