Trouble with audio from GoPro videos

Jeff-Christianson wrote on 8/13/2018, 9:00 PM

Just bought a GoPro Hero Black 6, and just updated my MAGIX Edit Pro 2014 to MAGIX Edit Pro Plus 2018.  My first GoPro videos are Mpeg4 1920x1080  16:9 shot with 60fps.  MAGIX plays the video fine but the audio is all scratchy.  If I shoot a new GoPro Mpeg4 with 30 fps, then it plays fine and I can perform edits then.  Problem is I have 5 hours of  raw vacation video I need to edit that was shot in 60fps.  Any adjustments that I can make to help MAGIX recognize these MPEG movies? My version of MAGIX Edit Pro Plus is 17.0.2.159.    My computer should be able to handle all the system requirements:

Windows 10

cpu = i5-3330 with 3GHz

8GIG RAM

Comments

David-Biddle wrote on 1/8/2020, 3:38 PM

I'm editing my first video from a GoPro Hero 8 black 60fps and Video Pro X is not rendering the audio correctly like you describe. Seems like a codec issue. The audio is all static or all whitenoise. The video plays fine in other players so this is an issue with Video Pro X.

emmrecs wrote on 1/9/2020, 4:21 AM

@David-Biddle

Welcome to the Magix forums.

You have posted to an old thread about Movie Edit Pro with a question about Video Pro X. Please do not do this, but rather start a new thread to include all the details requested in this post, along with details from the Text view of the free MediaInfo utility about any one of your video files.

In the meantime, this thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, Photo Story Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D