Trying to justify buying Sound Forge 17 Pro

Digitalsound wrote on 7/29/2023, 3:39 PM

Hello. I am currently using a trial version of Sound Forge Pro 17 and I can't find any of the new effects that they said they have. I can't find which effects are the new effects compared to the previous Sound Forge 16 Pro. Since Sound Forge has tons and tons of effects, can anyone take a screen shot of where the new Sound Forge Pro 17 sound effects are located? I need to make the decision of purchasing this program by the 30th or else they will raise the price. Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/29/2023, 4:34 PM

@Digitalsound Which new effects? The new EQ plugin? The coreFX Utility plugin? That's all.

The EQ is just an EQ like dozen others and coreFX Utility is a combination of effects like stereo width, pan, delay, volume, channel swap, DC offset removal, etc.

I wouldn't upgrade for this.

You can easily skip multiple version and won't miss much. The yearly upgrades are only very small. It's much more economical to upgrade every four or five years.

Digitalsound wrote on 7/29/2023, 10:29 PM

Thanks for the message. Yes, I meant the new effects as in EQ, coreFX plugin, etc. I tried to see if I can find any effects on Sound Forge 17 that I can't find on 16, but so far, I can't find any.

emmrecs wrote on 7/30/2023, 3:06 AM

@Digitalsound

I suspect those additional/new features are only available to download and install once the program has been purchased and fully registered.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 7/30/2023, 12:58 PM

The CoreFX plug-ins are installed with the SFP-17 program (trial or otherwise), and do not need to be activated separately like the third-party plugs (iZ Ozone, RX and such), so I think they may work in the 'Trial' version of SFP-17.
The VST3 folder (C:/Program files/Common files\VST3) may need to be added as a VST search folder though and the plugs may also need to be added to 'Plug-in Favorites' using the 'Plug-in manager' (in the 'View' menu). Look in 'By type> VST3 x64' or 'All'. The Core plug-in names start with cFX_.....

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Digitalsound.

xman_charl wrote on 7/30/2023, 3:36 PM

here are my vsts

thisanis wrote on 11/29/2023, 7:12 AM

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I've been a fan of Sound Forge ever since it was under the Sony bundle and have always been keen to have it on my arsenal.

I've been satisfied with 15 and was scratching my head at what I could possibly gain from 17. I've elected to not buy it. Perhaps 18 will be have the more radical changes.