Trying to purchase from Magix's email for 'Unspecified Product'

Rickie-McComb wrote on 7/17/2023, 5:23 PM

Hello, I am trying to purchase from Magix's email for 'Unspecified Product' and I want to do it using 2 gift cards as neither card has enough to pay for the product, but both cards together have enough money.

I've looked all over the purchase pages and on the web site, but I can't seem to find out how to contact anyone from sales support. The email address sales@magix.net only bounces back with a reference to a page on their site,

https://www.magix.info/us/support/options/

which does not give any contact info other than posting on this forum.

I have sent an email to infoservice@magix.net and am still waiting for a response that is more than acknowledging the receipt of my email. (The acknowledgement is in German, but at least it is an acknowledgement.)

Again, thanks for any help that can be given.

Rickie

Every story starts with a lie. That’s the job of the beginnings, to tell you you’re safe, that all of this lasts, and nothing will change. But underneath there are signs of your true story — who made you, who harmed you, what the hells you were born to fight. And you won’t want to hear it yet, so you’ll run, live, collect the things that matter along the way — an oath, your team, a home. Only then will you see the real enemy: her, last of a dying race come to destroy ours. She has her ships and her slaves, but you have them, this strange, messy, impossible family full of enemies and siblings, lovers, and hope. It doesn’t matter how your story begins. It’s about who is with you at the end. -Khlyen

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/18/2023, 2:50 AM

@Rickie-McComb

Hi Rickie

The sales@magix.net is a valid email address, there may have been an issue why it bounced back.

You should get a response within a couple of days from infoservice@magix.net.

Do you already use a Magix product, if so which one?

. . . . I want to do it using 2 gift cards as neither card has enough to pay for the product . . . .

AFAIK Magix have never offered gift cards, however some 3rd party retailers, eg Bestbuy, do issue a Voucher/Coupon code when a Magix product has been purchased from them.The software for which they can be redeemed is determined at the time of purchase and they cannot be used for other Magix software - the Voucher/Coupon should already state which program they are for?

. . . . I am trying to purchase from Magix's email for 'Unspecified Product'  . . .

This would suggest the email is in the email spam folder or the link/image has been removed by the Antivirus software on your computer.

Is the email from magix.net and did you receive it after registering an account with them?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/18/2023, 2:51 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

shgrude wrote on 7/18/2023, 8:43 AM

@Rickie-McComb

Any Magix vouchers are known to be single product, single voucher only, so combining two for purchasing a single product have never been possible.

Any Magix voucher also will not "refund" any access amount (as a gift card should) when using it on a product costing less than the maximum value of the voucher.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bits) OS 19041.450 (2004)
Memory: 64GB
Sound Card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 1920x1080 6GB

Rickie-McComb wrote on 7/18/2023, 9:55 PM

I'm sorry I was not clear.

I clicked on the link in an email ad from Magix, selected the product I wanted to buy,

The next page gave to option of using paypal or credit card, or some other way to pay.

I chose credit card and began entering the information on the Visa credit card. (A gift card I had received for birthday. Was also going to use a Mastercard gift card from Christmas to finish the purchase. Many other online store allow us to pay use funds from 2 or more cards.)

At any rate, the Magix page simply would not complete the transaction.

I contacted Magix and finally got a response today.

Magix said:

"Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we do not accept gift cards as a means of payment in our online shop. You can only use vouchers directly from MAGIX, not cards with credit."

{But why does the store give to option of using a Visa or Mastercard if they don't accept credit cards?}

At any rate, I'll have to look elsewhere for my video editing software.

Thank you for your help.

Rickie

Every story starts with a lie. That’s the job of the beginnings, to tell you you’re safe, that all of this lasts, and nothing will change. But underneath there are signs of your true story — who made you, who harmed you, what the hells you were born to fight. And you won’t want to hear it yet, so you’ll run, live, collect the things that matter along the way — an oath, your team, a home. Only then will you see the real enemy: her, last of a dying race come to destroy ours. She has her ships and her slaves, but you have them, this strange, messy, impossible family full of enemies and siblings, lovers, and hope. It doesn’t matter how your story begins. It’s about who is with you at the end. -Khlyen

SP. wrote on 7/18/2023, 11:58 PM

@Rickie-McComb  This doesn't sound like gift cards but some kind of prepaid debit cards. And it sounds like the Magix store accepted one but not both cards at the same time.

So if I understood you correctly, the problem isn't your prepaid debit cards but that the store only accepts one payment method per order.

If Vegas is too expensive you can currently also get Vegas Pro 18 Edit from https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/content-creator-bundle-with-vegas-pro for $25.

Rickie-McComb wrote on 7/19/2023, 2:27 AM

Nope, it actually says 'GIFT' right on the card.

But it doesn't matter now as I took your advice and checked 'fanatical' (the site you mentioned and it was better than you said. The bundle is now $19.99 . It's a slightly older version, version 18, but still much better than my old version 3.0 Plus I got 3 other products included.

Thank you.

Rickie

Last changed by Rickie-McComb on 7/19/2023, 2:32 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

johnebaker wrote on 7/19/2023, 5:13 AM

@Rickie-McComb

Hi

As @SP. has commented, the 'Gift card' is a prepaid debit card which is not accepted by online retailers - usually because there is not enough money on the card to complete the purchase or in some cases because 2 factor authentication does not work due to the card registered address being different to that used in the online purchase.

Standard Debit and Credit cards are only restricted by the issuing bank supporting the 2 factor authentication - this is an EU requirement.

Pleased to hear you have taken the Fanatical option - it is good value.

HTH

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.