Comments

rraud wrote on 1/14/2023, 11:45 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Robert-Martin.

I assume you are referring to the installation manager, which can be flaky. Try temporarily disabling anti-virus and try again (and again) .. or .. download the unpacked SFP-16 Suite program installer. btw, this is build 16.1.2-55, The current build 16.1.3-65 basically has the same bugs and then some, so I would not bother updating if it asks to. Otherwise, another update is forthcoming and hopefully all the VST plug-in issues will be fully resolved.
The other items in the installation manager (included plug-ins and such) usually install w/o issue,

Myu wrote on 1/23/2023, 2:14 PM

I assume you are referring to the installation manager, which can be flaky.

Do you know why it can be flaky? I am having the same issues and there is not a firewall or anti virus around to blame. What's more is it worked when I upgraded from Sound Forge 12 to 16 but when I wanted to upgrade to pro (apparently noise reduction isn't standard anymore) a few days later. Nope, getting this issue.

SP. wrote on 1/24/2023, 11:29 AM

@Myu It is probably unreliable because it is a program that downloads an EXE file from the Internet to your computer and executes it. It makes a lot of sense to block this behavior for security reasons.

Technically, you can get the direct download link using a tool like Wireshark. It records how the download manager contacts Magix' servers, and you can simply copy the link.

I'm not sure why Magix doesn't provide normal download links. Maybe they want to save bandwidth, or update the installer without changing the download link, or prevent users from accidentally not downloading everything that is included. Many other companies also use download managers or hubs to download all their plugins. I usually don't have any problems with them which can be helpful if you want to install updates easily.

johnebaker wrote on 1/24/2023, 11:43 AM

@Myu

Hi

. . . . I am having the same issues and there is not a firewall or anti virus around to blame. . . . .

Assuming you are running Windows 10 or 11, have you disabled Microsoft Defender/Windows Security?

Microsoft Defender/Windows Security is installed by default on Windows is running and protecting your PC.

The Firewall can be temporarily disabled or you add the Download Manager to the Allow and app through firewall option.

You may also need to temporarily turn off the Ransomware protection feature in the Virus and threat protection feature.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Robert-Martin wrote on 1/24/2023, 5:56 PM

I left it running for about an hour and when i came back it had finished downloading and was ready to install.

Myu wrote on 1/25/2023, 6:02 PM

@Myu

Hi

. . . . I am having the same issues and there is not a firewall or anti virus around to blame. . . . .

Assuming you are running Windows 10 or 11, have you disabled Microsoft Defender/Windows Security?

Microsoft Defender/Windows Security is installed by default on Windows is running and protecting your PC.

The Firewall can be temporarily disabled or you add the Download Manager to the Allow and app through firewall option.

You may also need to temporarily turn off the Ransomware protection feature in the Virus and threat protection feature.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Thanks John. Lucky for me, none of that is an issue. Before you ask, yes, I tried shutting it down and powering back on again😉.

For others that might have the same issue, what ended up working for me is clicking continue a few times until it sat there spinning for ten or so minutes. At that point, it is still at 0% and probably stays at 0% but leave it alone. I didn't hang around to watch it, but I suspect the progress bar doesn't update. Coming back after about an hour and it was all downloaded and ready to install. I found if it is on pause; it isn't doing anything. So make sure it doesn't show the pause icon.

I also contacted support. They gave me a direct download link by morning, but I already got it by then by leaving it spin. However, the link didn't include all the other programs the download manager does.

I thought about setting up something like a wireshark to look around juuuuust in case there might be a network issue, then my EOD hit and I rather read my book.

VICTORD-LAPETINA wrote on 1/30/2023, 12:56 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Robert-Martin.

I assume you are referring to the installation manager, which can be flaky. Try temporarily disabling anti-virus and try again (and again) .. or .. download the unpacked SFP-16 Suite program installer. btw, this is build 16.1.2-55, The current build 16.1.3-65 basically has the same bugs and then some, so I would not bother updating if it asks to. Otherwise, another update is forthcoming and hopefully all the VST plug-in issues will be fully resolved.
The other items in the installation manager (included plug-ins and such) usually install w/o issue,

Hi. Y tried this link several times, but, at the moment. the page doesn't load.