Unauthorized Use of Credit Card

linda-g wrote on 12/28/2022, 11:28 PM

Someone has used my credit card to purchase a product from your company. I have not authorized any purchases from your company and demand a refund of the purchase price of $79.00 be refunded to my credit card used for this purchase. The transaction occurred on 07 December 22 with a reference number of ********. A VISA credit card was used for the purchase. A response is required to this post.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/29/2022, 4:20 AM

@linda-g

These are user to user forums, so no-one who posts here can do anything to help you with this, sorry.

I do sympathise with you if your credit card has indeed been used to purchase an item from Magix GMBH without your authority. But it is NOT the responsibility of Magix to refund you!  You must pursue this matter directly with your Credit Card issuing bank. Magix have not in any way defrauded you and so cannot be held responsible for your loss.

I have edited your post to remove the reference number, since this is, essentially, confidential data.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam