Unlink Audio and Video Tracks in PhotoStory 2024

ROBERT-STEPHENS wrote on 3/28/2024, 11:01 AM

Hi! Hope everyone is keeping well. I just bought MAGIX Photostory Deluxe 2024 and find it's a great addition to my business software. I'm using it in Windows 10 and have run into a problem when adding CD music to the show to accompany the video and still photos that comprise the project. After importing the music collection into the program, I find that both the video and audio tracks are linked together so when you select either the video or audio tracks separately, both video and audio tracks are linked together and move together.

I need to be able to "unlink" the tracks so I can move the music recordings separately in order to position them where I need them under selected stretches of the video and still photo tracks that are above. I can't find anything in the help screens or the manual that show how to do this.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Stephens.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 3/28/2024, 11:49 AM

@ROBERT-STEPHENS

Hi Robert,

Unless something has changed from the version that I have, the audio part of a video clip is on one track, not on two tracks and cannot be separated. For this you would need Movie Studio Platinum/Suite.

You mention adding a music object to another track. That is entirely different. You can move the audio object separately from the video clip or photos, so long as you didn't group them and so long as you are in Mouse Mode for single object. You have probably clicked on the box for Attach objects in all tracks. See the image below. I have selected the wrong one - circled. Click on the box beside it at the end of the red arrow.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ROBERT-STEPHENS wrote on 3/28/2024, 12:41 PM

Hi John! Problem Solved!! I clicked on the single mouse mode button just to the left of the attach all objects and now I can move the audio tracks independently of the video track above. Thanks ever so much for your advice and we're now "away to the races" with program editing.

Thanks again and Best Regards. I'll be following the forum for information and tips.

Bob Stephens.

browj2 wrote on 3/28/2024, 9:17 PM

@ROBERT-STEPHENS

Hi Bob,

Glad to see that you've got it sorted out. There's a lot that you can do with this program, but even more with Magix Movie Studio Platinum/Suite, especially if you're using a lot of video material.

Enjoy!

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ROBERT-STEPHENS wrote on 3/29/2024, 12:25 PM

Thanks John and Thanks also for the tip regarding Movie Studio Platinum Suite. I'll keep that in mind.

Best Regards.

Bob.