Comments

TPeirce-Baker wrote on 3/14/2020, 8:54 PM

Yeah I bought 13 pro and acid pro next suite. 400.00 to upgrade my 2 products. I was trying to get away from this

ReverendLove wrote on 3/15/2020, 7:37 AM

Yes upgrade policy of Magix is pathetic,
That's why I passed SF12 & 13. Saved a lot of €s. Both did not qualify for an update. In my world those are updates with minor changes. Even SF14 compared to SF11 isn't that big, YMMV

BTW: One of the reasons I'm glad Spectralayers moved to Steinberg.

William-Holmes wrote on 3/15/2020, 8:01 AM

I purchased Sound Forge because I was being ignored by another software manufacturer when I ran into some issues with my newly purchased upgrade. Does MAGIX monitor these comments or are they the same kind of company that once they get your money, you're not worth any of their attention?

emmrecs wrote on 3/15/2020, 8:13 AM

@William-Holmes

Does MAGIX monitor these comments

Rarely. This is a user to user forum. Magix staff do post, very occasionally, but your only method of ensuring that an issue is raised with any of them is to use the Support link in the header of any forum page to raise a ticket.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

ReverendLove wrote on 3/15/2020, 8:14 AM

My experiences weren't the best to be honest.

William-Holmes wrote on 3/15/2020, 8:50 AM

Thought as much. Thanks for your comments but I guess there's little we can do about it other than to advise new purchasers they better be aware of MAGIX's lack of integrity.

ReverendLove wrote on 3/15/2020, 12:14 PM

I guess there's little we can do about it other than to advise new purchasers they better be aware of MAGIX's lack of integrity.

As with so much big companies.

I rely on Sound Forge Pro due to its workflow - I am just used to it since version 4...

Tried Steinberg's Wavelab but don't like the cluttered interface. It isn't cheap either and Steinberg's support is sloooooow, if existent. OTOH it has a bigger community.
Adobe Audition is only subscription. - No way!
Acon Acoustica is tempting. But no direct integration with Spectralayers. Probably it supports ARA2 in near future.

rraud wrote on 3/16/2020, 6:14 PM

You can contact the Magix Customer Service Sales Team. They have been known to upgrade some folks to the current release if you just purchased the previous version within a few weeks or so.

osflaa wrote on 3/20/2020, 4:56 AM

There are two things I don't like about Sound Forge Pro:

1. Upgrade prices. $200 for upgrade to a new version every year is simply too much for this kind of software.

2. Lack of stability. Sound Forge Pro is the most buggy/unstable software for music production I have ever used. Especially the VST engine. A software you can not trust is of very little value to me.

That said, I have just started the trial of version 14 and my first impression is very good! When it comes to features, the software has everything I need, except a hardware effect in/out-plugin. I will test the software a lot more before I buy it this time. Hopefully it is stable and reliable.