Uploading

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/23/2013, 3:52 PM

How do I upload to the Multimedia Community? I put together my first five minute home movie masterpiece  and my first upload failed because it was in .MVP format. I think I converted it (by trial and error) to *.mpg and tried again. All seemed to proceed ok but it went on for ever, with a small 'clock' rotating indefinitely. After about an hour I clicked something on the screen (I don't know what) and the whole process stopped.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/23/2013, 4:16 PM

Hi

'Multimedia Community' ? Are you referring to the Show & Discuss on this forum?

If so you need to use . . . .File ,  Export,  Video as an MPEG4.

Then select the preset Flash player 1280x720 h.246 29.97 FPS (NTSC ) or 25fps (PAL) depending on your locale

Select the Advanced button and turn off this setting

As I am in the UK these are the settings I use

Once exported I then use the uploader on the Show and Discuss page - note that once you have successfully upload the video, it will take several minutes for it to be converted before it becomes available.

Otherwise you need to find the recommended format and settings for the Multimedia Community you wish to upload.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/23/2013, 4:21 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/24/2013, 3:10 PM

Thanks for your answer. I followed the instructions step by step and eventually, I think I have uploaded my home movie. I pointed the camera at anything that moved to give me something to work on and produced 'Snow Fun'. Following advice given here, I experimented with titles, fading in and out and, of course, uploading. I was referring to 'Show and Discuss' on this forum as you say. I don't find the programme very intuitive as I'm not very computer literate so I think I'll be coming back here before too long with more questions. Incidentally, it still took over an hour to upload. I was about to give up again but after 65 minutes it went to stage two. Seems like a long time for a three (not five, as I said) minute movie. P.S. I'm in U.K. so I worked in PAL. Bill

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/24/2013, 3:17 PM

Whoops, I just checked the 'Show and Discuss' and the 'video' is audio only. Seems like it's back to the drawing board for me. Also, it indicated some 14 minutes of video but as I said it was only about 3 minutes. I'll go back to the bottom of the class! Bill

johnebaker wrote on 1/25/2013, 1:13 AM

Hi Bill

That would suggest you have some blank space after the last clip on the timeline.

Zoom out on the timeline so you can see the full length and you will  see if there is  ~10 mins blank space and maybe a rogue clip at the end.

To get rid click as shown below and then press Alt + Del or select Edit, Range, Delete and then export again

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/25/2013, 1:13 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/26/2013, 10:24 AM

John, thanks again for the advice. You were so right about the blank space, I had dozens of them. The movie was scattered around the timeline like confetti. The main content was there but there were also audio and video clips further along the timeline and also on different tracks (down to track 8 which I had never used). I deleted the superfluous clips one by one then placed the marker at the end of the main movie (all 3 minutes of it). When I pressed Alt Delete all of the preceeding movie (to the left of the marker) disappeared. I could only retrieve it by going to the other view modes, then back to timeline mode. I can now only find it in the original MVP mode so I'll have to return to go. Generally, does it mean that when you have completed a movie, you have to 'delete' the endless blank space at the end of it? It seems to me that this blank space is counted as movie space.

Bill

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/26/2013, 11:45 AM

I'm back again. After tidying up my movie I uploaded it again, or so I thought! There is only audio, not video. What else am I doing wrong? I think maybe the technology of Magix is too much for me.

williamandrews06 wrote on 1/26/2013, 3:34 PM

I just made a guess as to why my movie 'Snow Fun' is only uploading audio and not video. Is it perhaps something to do with PAL and NSTC? I made the movie and uploaded it in PAL (uk). Any ideas please? Is there something I should have done regarding this aspect. I often see a USA flag at the top of my screen but I alter this to UK. I'm fed up looking at my movie as I repeatedly try to upload it.