Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/20/2018, 1:27 PM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

For someone to be able to answer your question, he/she needs some level of hands-on experience of ALL those versions of VdG. I very much doubt whether anyone has such experience but hopefully, I will be proved wrong!

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you were to read this post and give us all the information requested there. After all, there is no guarantee that any of the more "advanced" versions of VdG would actually run on your computer.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mnt_air wrote on 11/20/2018, 2:21 PM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

For someone to be able to answer your question, he/she needs some level of hands-on experience of ALL those versions of VdG. I very much doubt whether anyone has such experience but hopefully, I will be proved wrong!

In the meantime, it would be helpful if you were to read this post and give us all the information requested there. After all, there is no guarantee that any of the more "advanced" versions of VdG would actually run on your computer.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Oops! Misunderstanding detected. 😡 Hands-on experience not needed!
I'm looking for some kind of table, which you often see at software sites, where they compare different editions of their software, so that you know what functions / features differs between editions.
For example; If you go to
https://motionstudios.de/Vasco-da-Gama-11-Advanced_9
you will find a "Product comparison" down the page. I just want to see a column of "Essential version" there too. πŸ™‚

emmrecs wrote on 11/21/2018, 4:03 AM

Hi again. Thanks for the clarification!

I just want to see a column of "Essential version" there too

However, I think the only source for such a comparison might well be motionstudios themselves! I believe there are some users of VdG versions other than "Essential" on the forum, but they are most likely to use it with one of Magix' Video products, I suspect. As such, if they do not visit this area of the forum they may not see your post.

Perhaps also ask your question in the Video area of the forum? Given the circumstances, and if you fully explain why you are posting the same question to two different areas, I am sure none of my fellow-moderators will see fit to hide one of your posts as a duplicate!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 11/22/2018, 9:13 PM

@mnt_air and @emmrecs

I already asked Motion Studios. Attached is a link to the file on DropBox that they sent me which I translated from German. The second page is the comparison list from the manual that does not discuss Essential, so you are left on your own to interpret what is included in Essential.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hipm8q8oknyjr7b/Vasco%20da%20Gama%20Comparison%20Essential%20vs%20others.pdf?dl=0

I have had the Pro version since about version 5. I obtained the first one through Magix and then went for the Pro version. I have VdG 11 Pro and Vasco Street Maps 6 Ultimate. I see that 12 just came out, and Street Maps 7 came out a month or so ago.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

joe-macnab wrote on 8/6/2019, 1:06 PM

I just purchased Vasco da Gama 11 effects for my Magix Movie Pro Premium software. It appeared to download okay but where is it located in the software after it's installed? I can see a Vasco da Gama icon in the "Effects" category but it's just a download icon. Is there anybody that can help me?