.vob format moviesample plays half-speed on Video deluxe 15 plus...Why?

bordeneuve wrote on 5/6/2011, 10:24 AM

Hi guys and dolls, I'm from Holland, they couldn't help me there, perhaps somebody here can...?

I'm a collectionneur of 60s and 70s music clips. Most of them are in .mpg or .vob, untill now Magix never had a problem with these. Lately I receive .vob clips from other club members that play excellent on the VLCmediaplayer but for some reason half-speed on my video editer...The frame rate of the original clip is 25, so nothing special there. Creating a new frametable didn't work either. Thanks for any help, Peter

Perhaps if some of you want to have a look:

Tin Soldier-Small Faces w. PP Arnold

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=579CJ2H6 password: thecentralbox.com

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/6/2011, 1:16 PM

I loaded it into the Movie Edit Pro 17 Plus, it plays double speed, if I change the frame rate to 50, it plays correctly, but very jumpy. The audio plays great though.

Was this a PAL video that was converted to NTSC to make the VOB?

bordeneuve wrote on 5/6/2011, 3:24 PM

I look for a way to communicate with you john-auvil, I try this:

File Name: Small Faces - Tin soldier (1967).VOB
File Size: 151 MB (158.863.360 bytes) Duration: 3mn 20s Format: MPEG-PS
Video: MPEG-2 Video, PAL, 720x576 (4:3), 25.000 fps, 6 348 Kbps, Top Field First
Audio: AC-3, 2 channels, 448 Kbps, CBR, 48.0 KHz

Yeah, I forgot to mention: the sound is no problem. On the Movie Edit it doubles instead of slowing down by half??? Weird. Still remains the question why 99 percent of my vob and mpg files are running well and this one is not. Thanks, Peter