Some users have asked about plugins and some other useful programs available for use with Magix VPX11 and Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium 2020. Below are listings, Video, then Audio, then linked and third party software, of those that I am aware of. Some are old, many came with various versions/upgrades of VPX and MEP, and many are available in the Store within VPX and MEP and on Producer Planet. Some have to be purchased directly from the software company, some are probably no longer available.
EDIT: Note that once installed with either MEP or VPX, the plugins will show up in the other program. Thus, plugins that I got with MEPP over the years also work in VPX and vice versa.
Please do not ask for links - you can look them up in the Store, on the Magix site, Producer Planet, and by using your internet search engine.
Please add any that I have missed.
NewBlue - available through Magix (some may not longer be available)
- ColorFast 2 - has measuring instruments
- Titler EX
- Video Essentials 3
- Video Essentials 4
- Elements 3 Overlay
- Filters 5 Recreate - with Update renewal
- Elements 3 Ultimate - with Premium and VPX
- Stylizers 5 Imagine
- Filter 5 Recolor
- Titler Pro 6 - with Premium and VPX
HitFilm - only available through Magix
- Toolkit Pack
- Cinema Style Pack
- Movie Essentials
- Stylized Pack
- Ignite Color: Cine
Red Giant Universe - below were only available through Magix as plugins
- Chromatic Glow
- Knoll Light Factory EZ
- Magic Bullet QuickLooks
Neat Video v5 - for video noise removal - excellent product
- 3D Six-Pack for Magix
- SpiceMASTER Pro
- BlurSharpen Tools
- Adorage - HD Packs 10-13; SD Packs 1-9
- CMOS Fixr
- Mercalli v4
- Mercalli v5
- Heroglyph V4
- ReSpeedr V1 - with Premium Update renewal
- Vitascene V3 LE
- Erazr - not a plugin - comes with VPX Update renewal)
Boris OFX (not specific to MEP or VPX but work)
- BCC Title Studio
- Boris Continuum (includes Title Studio)
- Other OFX may work but have not been tested
- Xara 3D Maker 7 - full version plugin comes with VPX, lite version with MEP (for 3D titles)
- VideoEnhancer (standalone) - Increase resolution of your video with motion-search-based Super Resolution method, where each frame is upsized using information from a number of neighbor frames to extract maximum details for outstanding results. Convert low res videos to high definition (HD) or HD to 4K! It contains a bunch of VirtualDub filters.
AUDIO - VST plugins
- VariVerb II
- essentialFX Suite
- Vintage Effects - Corvex, Ecox, Filtox
- coreFX Suite
- Nectar Elements
- Ozone Elements (now at v9)
- Vocal Doubler (free) - enhance your vocal with a natural doubling effect, adding richness and depth.
- Vinyl (free) - Vinyl simulates the dust, scratches, warp, and mechanical noise reminiscent of yesteryear
Melda - there is a full pack, several of which are free. I bought and use MDynamicEq and MAutodynamicEq.
- MLoudnessAnalyzer - Free - is an EBU R128 and ITU-R BS 1770-3 compliant loudness meter. It contains a peak meter, momentary, short-term and integrated loudness meters and a loudness range meter. Supports EBU+9, EBU+18 and EBU+27 scales
Accusonus - go to the site and you may be offered a free video editing package that includes some BOKEH video background and some LUTs
- VoiceLeveler - balance your Voice Recording Levels
Almost anything that is VST2 compatible, but not instruments.
ADD-ONS (Some of these are linked or can be linked with VPX or MEPP, some are Stand-alone (SAL))
- Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Designer or Xara Designer Pro X - to replace PhotoDesigner that comes with VPX and MEP, and to create static and graphical animated overlays directly from VPX/MEP (the video clip is opened in the Xara animator)
- Magix audio programs to replace Music Editor 3 that comes with VPX and MEP - SoundForge Music Studio (may come with VPX or MEP), SoundForge Audio Cleaning Lab, SoundForge Pro, Samplitude Pro X (and probably ACID)
- PanoramaStudio 3.2 (SAL) (new version 3.4.5) - when more than 6 images are required to make a panorama, Magix edition used to come with Xara Designer Pro X
- Corel PaintShop Pro - to replace PhotoDesigner that comes with VPX and MEP
- Vasco da Gama - a basic SAL version may come with VPX or MEP
- BluffTitler SAL - highly recommended by me - 64bit version is now out in beta, Bixangelo for creating 2D & 3D curves for use in BluffTitler