What I presume will be called version 12, the new version of VPX is now out.
Warning! A user on the French forum has complained about this new version being buggy and wants to roll back to version 11. You may want to wait until a first patch comes out.
Second question: as my Update Service has run out and I do not foresee extending it in the near future, especially at the high update price, could some brave person please go through the bug list to see what, if anything, has been fixed?
Here is what is new:
- New! INFUSION Engine 2 for ultra-smooth performance on virtually all PCs. INFUSION Engine 2 supports video acceleration for AVC and HEVC* on Intel, NVIDIA or AMD GPUs with 1GB VRAM or higher. See below *.
- New! HiDPI editing interface + modern icon design
- New! Real-time image stabilization and optimization with proDAD Mercalli V5 Suite
- New! More intuitive start dialog & automatic format recognition
- New! 8K Ultra HD support + HDR color space handling
- New! 1-click cutting tool with dynamic preview
- New! New fonts and customizable title templates
- New! NewBlue Filters 5 Ultimate effects pack
This looks like a good version for those doing 4K with new computers and graphics cards compatible with the new features. These are graphics cards such as:
- *Intel Graphics HD 630, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, AMD Radeon RX470.