Web Desiger 18

Keith-Mason wrote on 3/22/2022, 11:03 AM

Installed paid copy of this and although it seems to work I have 3 main problems, as follows.

1. Every time I run the program I get a message coming up saying,

and it is getting boring now.

2. Today after getting and installing the upgrade to version 19, I now get this on running,

3. When in version 18, I want to set up a Paypal cart, etc, even though it says in the tutorials about widgets, I can't seem to find them locally or online, other than a video telling me how to do it, which I have tried, but nothing about Paypal at all.

Any help, please.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2022, 11:19 AM

@Keith-Mason

A number of users have reported your first two problems!

What is wanting to Update is the Update Service itself, i.e. the process that actually reports and initiates any updates to your Magix software. I am not sure whether any solution has been found to this one. Is it possible that your antivirus or firewall is blocking the connection to the Magix servers?

The second issue seems to be a bug within version 19. I believe it has been reported to Magix but it would do no harm if you were to similarly create a Support ticket about it. The process of doing so is not straightforward but if you simply ensure that you choose the option to Ask Support on any page where it is offered (often towards the bottom of a page) you should be able to complete the process!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

AX-Smith wrote on 3/22/2022, 11:46 AM

I have the same problem. Why is the process of raising a ticket not straight forward? The link you published above takes you round the merry-go-round of community links, sales, faq's but NO ticket support. Thhis was removed or moved a couple of years back

browj2 wrote on 3/22/2022, 12:10 PM

@AX-Smith

Hi,

Click on the Support button at the top of the forum and follow it through to the end, always selecting Ask Support (Find a solution). Search for other solutions. When asked for a short description, do so; it will be the description (title or subject) of your ticket. Find a solution. Look at the the choices at the bottom of the screen - Send a Support Request. It takes me 15 seconds to get to the Create Request page, only because I type in a reasonable description. If you deviate from the obvious, you will never get to the Support Request page.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos