why can't my objects load in a saved arrangement?

malakiymelek wrote on 3/16/2012, 9:57 PM

In my MAGIX Music Maker MX (with installed updates), when I try to reload some arrangements during a subsequent session I get the following error,
which pops up immediately after (example): "Loading... BigGong A.HDP   0%."

"The file
'C:\Program Files (x86)magix\MovieScore Vol. 8\Percussion\BigGong A.wav"
associated with the arrangement was not found.

If this file is on a removable disc (IT IS NOT), place the disc in the appropriate drive and press 'Retry'
If the file has been moved (IT HAS NOT), please select 'Directory' and enter the current position of the file.
(THIS WAS DONE, AND THE FILE STILL REFUSED TO LOAD)..."

The above error message appeared for each and every file in this extensive arrangement.
Other arrangements load fine, some only load partially.
All the files can be pulled up from the Soundpool while creating an arrangement.
but as soon as I try to reload some (not all) arrangements during a subsequent session I get the error.
How can I fix THIS SEVERE problem?  I am CRIPPLED by this problem.

i am running windows 7 on a toshiba satelite laptop with 3gig ram and 3.5 gig HD

Comments

limeelsa wrote on 3/21/2012, 4:15 PM

I believe that your problem may be that you moved where the sound was located when you made the song. All you have to do is move the loop back to its original location and you will be fine.

malakiymelek wrote on 3/22/2012, 3:40 PM

No, all files are in original locations as defalt installed.

I found the solution myself.  For those who need to know:

When starting MMMX,

RIGHT CLICK on the descktop icon. Select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Both Music Maker and Songmaker work as they are supposed to.

scoach1999 wrote on 4/16/2012, 5:05 PM

I am having a similar problem that has been carried over even from previous versions of Music Maker without being effectively resolved in subsequent software versions. When I try to export that song as a .wav file, I get an error that says, "Activate the corresponding Track VST instrument so that the MIDI information in the track you wish to create can be heard." Noplace can I find any good, clear, direct, plain, and succint explanation for exactly how to do this. It should be automatic. I purchased MM MX Professional Suite. The nagging little pop-up window SHOULD INCLUDE (hint hint) what to do to "activate the corresponding Track VST instruments." The little nag screen SHOULD NOT just tell you to go do something you have no idea how to do. I have watched the nonsense technical explanations about supoosedly how to accomplish this without getting any celar idea how it should be done. My guess is that it is easy and simple, and MAGIX just doesn't care if you ever find it out. That is my impression. If I have this trouble. then lost of other people also suffer from this frustration. My search on the 'net prooves that it is correct. It is a painful issue that has persisted without being adequately addressed by MAGIX. AND they make no easy solution readily available. This is probably one of my biggest dissatisfactions with this program.

I am having a similar problem that has been carried over even from previous versions of Music Maker without being effectively resolved in subsequent software versions. When I try to export that song as a .wav file, I get an error that says, "Activate the corresponding Track VST instrument so that the MIDI information in the track you wish to create can be heard." Noplace can I find any good, clear, direct, plain, and succint explanation for exactly how to do this. It should be automatic. I purchased MM MX Professional Suite. The nagging little pop-up window SHOULD INCLUDE (hint hint) what to do to "activate the corresponding Track VST instruments." The little nag screen SHOULD NOT just tell you to go do something you have no idea how to do. I have watched the nonsense technical explanations about supoosedly how to accomplish this without getting any celar idea how it should be done. My guess is that it is easy and simple, and MAGIX just doesn't care if you ever find it out. That is my impression. If I have this trouble. then lost of other people also suffer from this frustration. My search on the 'net prooves that it is correct. It is a painful issue that has persisted without being adequately addressed by MAGIX. AND they make no easy solution readily available. This is probably one of my biggest dissatisfactions with this program.

I am having a similar problem that has been carried over even from previous versions of Music Maker without being effectively resolved in subsequent software versions. When I try to export that song as a .wav file, I get an error that says, "Activate the corresponding Track VST instrument so that the MIDI information in the track you wish to create can be heard." Noplace can I find any good, clear, direct, plain, and succint explanation for exactly how to do this. It should be automatic. I purchased MM MX Professional Suite. The nagging little pop-up window SHOULD INCLUDE (hint hint) what to do to "activate the corresponding Track VST instruments." The little nag screen SHOULD NOT just tell you to go do something you have no idea how to do. I have watched the nonsense technical explanations about supoosedly how to accomplish this without getting any clear idea how it should be done. My guess is that it is easy and simple, and MAGIX just doesn't care if you ever find it out. That is my impression. If I have this trouble, then lots of other people also suffer from this frustration. My search on the 'net proves that it is correct. It is a painful issue that has persisted without being adequately addressed by MAGIX. AND they make no easy solution readily available. This is probably one of my biggest dissatisfactions with this program.

scoach1999 wrote on 4/16/2012, 5:08 PM

malakiymelek wrote on 4/16/2012, 7:06 PM

To: SCOACH1999

To fix my problem, I right clicked on the program shortcut, and selected "Run as administrator". I later went in and "gave permission" to myself as administrator to run MMMX.

For YOUR situation, I can only think of double clicking the MIDI track, openning the MIDI editor.  In the right hand corner is the place to select what patch you want, or VST.  Hope it works for you.