WHY IS MAGIX VIDEO FORMAT NOT WORKING FOR MAGIX WEBSITE.?

cornsy2008 wrote on 2/2/2015, 6:04 AM

I recently made a new track but instead of just uploading as a mp3 i decided to turn it in to a video.

i used magix music maker 15 for the video fx.

I used the VISUALS TEMPLATES that everyone knows,there just standard visuals.

Everyone who owns a magix product will no the TEMPLATES.

i used several VISUALS from start to end on my tracks.

everything went to plan and it took a while to mixdown as a video.

I exported video as a MAGIX VIDEO MXV which is clearly an option on the mixdown.

the problem is when i tried to upload it as a video with music it wouldnt allow it.

After the uplload was complete i got a message saying the video has to be known format.

I thought it is a known format.?

It is a magix format so why does it not allow me to use this format , if it does not allow me to use this magix format on a magix website what is the point.?

Is it just me or have i completely missed the point.?

what is the point in magix having a video format if i cant use a magix video format on a magix website.?

someone  please clear this up for me.

Some times i find magix formats some what confusing considering it says magix video format and yet it will not reconise its own format..aaahhhhhhhhhh

I DECIDED TO JUST UPLOAD THE TRACK AS A MP3 AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS...I JUST GAVE UP TRYING TO UPLOAD AS A MUSIC VIDEO.

My video tuturial on home mastering will not avaliable untill i sort out this video format.

I have made several mastering video's but are i am unable to upload due to the confusion on magix video formats.

several people have asked me to upload these video's but at the moment is not possible.

so i am sorry for this.

thank you from alan.

peace.!

FORMER USER ESOTERIC ALAN./CORNSY2008/MACCA.

IF YOU REMEMBER ME PLEASE FEEL FREE RO RE ADD ME.

TENSHI.

PEACE.!

What happens when life breaks down?

When there is systemic contradiction?
My name symbolized all that was corrupt to society.
His name symbolized all that was pure.

And I was being hailed in the embrace of the man who was pure.

And these inviolable sanctities were preserved in those ten words.

And it is the de-sacralization of all of these that has put us in the mess that we find ourselves.

Isn't it true, alas it is much worse.

A person may end up believing in anything.

You know, if that human acceptance does so much for you and me.

Think of what it is when God himself puts his arms around you and says

"Welcome home".

What love is this?

It is God's love.

And no other love can be defined until that love has properly been understood.

If you can’t make the trip to my studio yourself, don’t worry I now have my brand new Online Mastering Service. Many of my customers are happy to leave me to it, and my wide-ranging experience ensures that you can trust me to make sound judgements on your behalf – no pun intended!

The services on offer include both attended and unattended (online) mastering, vinyl cutting, re-mastering, editing and restoration. For further details please message me here.

A gorgeous room full of lots of lovely equipment isn’t going to cut the mustard unless it’s in the hands of an experienced creative engineer who understands your music and how to get the results you’re looking for.

I personally have been mastering for over 14 years now.
i have remixed and engineered for alice deejay.

Please note home mastering and studio mastering are not the same. This is a misconception. the process is different,and while the sound of the polished track may seem the same to the NAKED EAR so to speak actually sound different to the trained ear.

THE TRACKS I WILL BE UPLOADING WILL BE ONLY "HOME" MASTERING. (fast process). music maker defaults are ok but not polished. 

most people are not concerned about the mastering there more comcerned about the FEEL.

i do not work for free so please do not sent me tracks to be mastered (for free). my time is not cheap.

====================================================================================                                 

there are some rules that are just plain idiotic. What are some examples of this behavior, why do people do it? Is it because (This is my assumption) they are afraid of the unknown? They are afraid of taking risk? Or is something that happens during the "nurturing" phase of life with overprotective parents. Maybe it's even a genetic thing.

IF I DO NOT LIKE THE MUSIC I WILL "NOT"  WORK WITH IT.

I ONLY EVER WORK WITH MUSIC I PERSONALLY ENJOY.
THIS WAY MY PROFESSIONAL APPROACH CAN BE MET TO VERY HIGH STANDARDS.

from alan.

peace.!

TENSHI.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/2/2015, 1:15 PM

Hi Alan

The MXV format is a low compression, large file size intermediate format the MEP and MMM use for smooth playback without needing a lot of processor power.

Because the format is not compressed, nor an International standard  video format, it is not appropriate for websites.

HTML5 is the latest standard specification for websites and the standard video format for this is mp4 or ogg - both of which are highly compressed formats which enable fast streaming from a website. 

All HTML5 compatible browsers can play this with out additional players and the HTML5 coding for adding videos is very simple - see here, compared to the 'old' method of using Flash Player.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/2/2015, 1:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cornsy2008 wrote on 2/2/2015, 2:31 PM

thank you john.

Last changed by cornsy2008 on 2/2/2015, 2:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

TENSHI.

PEACE.!

And it is the de-sacralization of all of these that has put us in the mess that we find ourselves.

"Welcome home".

What love is this?

It is God's love.

If you can’t make the trip to my studio yourself, don’t worry I now have my brand new Online Mastering Service. Many of my customers are happy to leave me to it, and my wide-ranging experience ensures that you can trust me to make sound judgements on your behalf – no pun intended!

The services on offer include both attended and unattended (online) mastering, vinyl cutting, re-mastering, editing and restoration. For further details please message me here.

A gorgeous room full of lots of lovely equipment isn’t going to cut the mustard unless it’s in the hands of an experienced creative engineer who understands your music and how to get the results you’re looking for.

Please note home mastering and studio mastering are not the same. This is a misconception. the process is different,and while the sound of the polished track may seem the same to the NAKED EAR so to speak actually sound different to the trained ear.

THE TRACKS I WILL BE UPLOADING WILL BE ONLY "HOME" MASTERING. (fast process). music maker defaults are ok but not polished. 

most people are not concerned about the mastering there more comcerned about the FEEL.

i do not work for free so please do not sent me tracks to be mastered (for free). my time is not cheap.

====================================================================================                                 

there are some rules that are just plain idiotic. What are some examples of this behavior, why do people do it? Is it because (This is my assumption) they are afraid of the unknown? They are afraid of taking risk? Or is something that happens during the "nurturing" phase of life with overprotective parents. Maybe it's even a genetic thing.

from alan.

peace.!

TENSHI.

johnebaker wrote on 2/2/2015, 4:10 PM

Hi Alan

Music only:

From Music Maker you must export the composition as a mp3 and upload this to the website

Music Video:

Import the mp3 into MEP and add the images, video transitions, effects etc.  Export as mp4 and upload this to the website.

Depending on where you are uploading to, eg Youtube, Vimeo etc,  you may need to use specific export settings - these are available on Youtube, Vimeo etc.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/2/2015, 4:10 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cornsy2008 wrote on 2/2/2015, 4:13 PM

Thank you again john.

i am now on the ball so to speak.

that makes more sense to me now.

it is for magix website.

thank you again.

from alan.

peace.!

Last changed by cornsy2008 on 2/2/2015, 4:13 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

TENSHI.

PEACE.!

"Welcome home".

What love is this?

It is God's love.

from alan.

peace.!

TENSHI.

browj2 wrote on 2/2/2015, 5:56 PM

Hi Alan,

You said that you are using Music Maker to put together your video. The export choices are quite limited, as are the editing capabilities. See the screen shot below of MMM2015Premium.

I suggest that you use wmv since mp4 is not available in Music Maker.

Do you have Movie Edit Pro?

As John Baker pointed out, the Magix video format is for using in Magix programs like Movie Edit Pro and Music Maker. I usually use it when I have a lot of effects in a section and it drags down the editing process. I export to mxv and then import it into a new project. It works much smoother to continue editing. You can compare it to mixing down or track bouncing, it's just that in this case, the format is only for Magix video editors. It is quite efficient.

Last changed by browj2 on 2/2/2015, 5:56 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

cornsy2008 wrote on 2/3/2015, 5:57 AM

thank you for the screenshot.

i was not making anything complicated just  templates  to go along with a new track.

it was very basic but i thought i would just try and see what it looks like.

i have done several but cant upload any of them.  UNKNOWN FORMAT. 

i am not a video expert so my first attempt didnt go to plan.lol

i can not use mm2014 as it crashes everytime i use it.

so i stick with mm15 as it never crashes on me.

thank you for the help.

i will update this question after i have completed at least one track i can upload on here.

My mastering tuturials have also failed to upload so there on the back burner as well.

What i find funny and IRONIC is that a couple of weeks ago i answered a questions on here about audio codecs and JOHN BAKER also answered the question about VIDEO FORMATS AND CODECS for another user on here,now im in the same situation as the other person was last month. WHO KNEW!!!  lol

i do not have problems with AUDIO formats there the easy bit its just these dam video formats i have problems with.

from alan.

peace! 

Last changed by cornsy2008 on 2/3/2015, 6:03 AM, changed a total of 4 times.

TENSHI.

PEACE.!

"Welcome home".

What love is this?

It is God's love.

from alan.

peace.!

TENSHI.

alan-corns wrote on 8/6/2018, 5:39 PM

Hi Alan

Music only:

From Music Maker you must export the composition as a mp3 and upload this to the website

Music Video:

Import the mp3 into MEP and add the images, video transitions, effects etc.  Export as mp4 and upload this to the website.

Depending on where you are uploading to, eg Youtube, Vimeo etc,  you may need to use specific export settings - these are available on Youtube, Vimeo etc.

HTH

John

Thank you John. 😀

alan-corns wrote on 8/7/2018, 4:55 AM

I recently made a new track but instead of just uploading as a mp3 i decided to turn it in to a video.

i used magix music maker 15 for the video fx.

I used the VISUALS TEMPLATES that everyone knows,there just standard visuals.

Everyone who owns a magix product will no the TEMPLATES.

i used several VISUALS from start to end on my tracks.

everything went to plan and it took a while to mixdown as a video.

I exported video as a MAGIX VIDEO MXV which is clearly an option on the mixdown.

the problem is when i tried to upload it as a video with music it wouldnt allow it.

After the uplload was complete i got a message saying the video has to be known format.

I thought it is a known format.?

It is a magix format so why does it not allow me to use this format , if it does not allow me to use this magix format on a magix website what is the point.?

Is it just me or have i completely missed the point.?

what is the point in magix having a video format if i cant use a magix video format on a magix website.?

someone  please clear this up for me.

Some times i find magix formats some what confusing considering it says magix video format and yet it will not reconise its own format..aaahhhhhhhhhh

I DECIDED TO JUST UPLOAD THE TRACK AS A MP3 AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS...I JUST GAVE UP TRYING TO UPLOAD AS A MUSIC VIDEO.

My video tuturial on home mastering will not avaliable untill i sort out this video format.

I have made several mastering video's but are i am unable to upload due to the confusion on magix video formats.

several people have asked me to upload these video's but at the moment is not possible.

so i am sorry for this.

thank you from alan.

peace.!

Wow this is an old post.