Comments

SP. wrote on 5/14/2024, 2:25 PM

@Scott-Melvin Upload or export?

Uploading can always stop working from one day to another, simply by a change on the server side. And since these old programs no longer get updates, it will not work again.

Usually, you can simply upload something via your internet browser.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 5:56 AM

Can anyone help? I am recording my own midi sounds from my tyros keyboard and I want to save them so whenever I open them I have this sample saved. I open a voice in the keyboard record the sample and then save it. When I re open it, it’s blank and won’t play until I open the voice style again on the keyboard and if I change the voice style the midi record changes. Surely you can just save a sound from the keyboard as MIDI without it needing the sound open on the keyboard?

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 6:00 AM

@Richard-Docherty No, the sound is saved in a ROM chip or flash memory on your keyboard.

MIDI only contains note values, controller curve values or program changes and no sound.

You need to record the audio output of your keyboard into the computer.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 6:33 AM

That’s what I’m trying to do save the sound from the keyboard

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 6:36 AM

All of those loops and samples magix have created or saved as samples surely you can save and make your own samples without having the need to open that instrument again that recorded it in the first place

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 6:44 AM

@Richard-Docherty Yes, you can use a VST instrument on the track you recorded the MIDI on. This will play back the sound of the VST, not the sound of your keyboard.

Or you need to connect the audio output of your keyboard with an audio input of an USB audio interface or of a soundcard in your computer and record it in real-time as an audio file on another track in your project. If you want to change some notes later, you need to record it again.

The third, and probably most laborious, option is to sample your keyboard sounds and use a sampler VST to play them back. There are programs out there, that can streamline this process, for example SampleRobot.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 6:49 AM

Yeh I’ve done all that connected the keyboard etc and recorded midi both on vat instruments and keyboard. Even if I record midi with vst , it still wants that vst instrument open to play the sound again

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 7:14 AM

@Richard-Docherty If you want the sound of your keyboard you need to record audio, not MIDI.

Otherwise you'll always need to manually set up the keyboard again each time you load your project.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 8:49 AM

Okay thank you when recording audio is there a mic needed?

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:00 AM

@Richard-Docherty No, but you likely need an audio interface for your computer, to connect the audio output of the keyboard to it. Are you currently using an USB connection?

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:19 AM

Yeh i tried my audio interface but couldn’t get it to work properly so used the usb, I connected the out put from my keyboard to the input of the interface and then the keyboard headphone Jack to the audio interface Jack input and swapped them as nothing was working

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:45 AM

@Richard-Docherty Is the ASIO driver of your audio interface selected under File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI?

You can then select the available inputs in the recording settings (gear icon next to record button)

Make also sure you connect your headphones or speakers to the audio interface.

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:53 AM

Yeh the thing is I’m using a sub and speakers that came with the tyros keyboard so I was hoping to pull all the sound through them rather than have separate pc speakers

SP. wrote on 5/16/2024, 9:57 AM

@Richard-Docherty Can you connect the sub and speakers to the output of your audio interface?

Richard-Docherty wrote on 5/16/2024, 10:34 AM

I can connect the sub but the other two speakers are connected to the tyros via another cable sounds like I will need additional pc speakers