This was previously raised by Magix in this thread.
A few of the requests were implemented, significantly J- and L-cuts. I thought that I would refresh this and add to the list, so it's a mixture of (modified) previous requests and some new ones.
Please add any that you would like to see and comment on any that I have listed, including better wording or details.
A new version of VPX is expected out this summer so I wouldn't expect these to be there, but some of the old ones may be.
- Fix the bugs;
- Track Header names: change the font colour to get a better contrast. The text is almost invisible if there is a colour applied to a track;
- Dubbing: add in a way to connect to MusicMaker, Samplitude Pro Xx, Samplitude Music Studio, if installed, for dubbing, similar to what is under the Share tab in Movie Edit Pro. The way it works is that once the program is selected, an AV mixdown is done, saved automatically and opened in the other program;
- Project Folder: add feature to export to csv file;
- Effects, Brightness/Contrast, Gamma: split this into the 3 parts with sliders for each, along with one for the overall effect;
- Effects, Brightness/Contrast, Curves: would it be feasible if they could be keyframed?
- Mixer: Add track names and track colours for each strip;
- Under Effects, Color, modify the White Point color picker to be like the new color picker user interface that shows the readout of RGB values, or something similar or
- Add in a pipette (under Brightness/Contrast or always available under Effects) that would give the RGB values as the pipette moves around;
- Alternatively, add a status bar readout while hovering the mouse over the preview or source monitor, e.g. to include: x,y coordinates, rgb, yuv triplets etc. as is common in graphics programs;
- Plugin for SmartSound Sonic Fire Pro;
- Object tracking and keyframing for x,y position: show path of selected object on Preview monitor;
- Add a title dropdown menu to the toolbar beside the Title T button containing the titles that are under Own in the titles menu, or add Preferences to both places where users could copy/add preferred Titles and Own titles;
- Export to a text file or csv the "Used files" under "Movie information" of the Project Settings;
- Audio: add in the scopes like those in AML, at least the Peakmeter & Spectroscope;
- Modify the Remix Agent to be able to input a BPM and able to modify it with a slider, I often have trouble getting the right beat. And, for tapping, allow it to be by bar or beat. For some faster beats, it is hard to tap the beat correctly, but easier to hit the bars;
- Modify the sequence of effects by dragging one up or down in the Effects window keyframing area. This was discussed and is probably not feasible;
- Modify the sequence of links to folders under the import tab by dragging one up or down rather than having to right-click, move up or down once, repeat;
- Project Temp Folder again: all of the clips in all movies show up together. By default, it would be good to have them put in subfolders under the movie;
- Object trimmer - add total length of selected clip to the bottom right. Without this, we don't know how far we are from the right side of a trimmed object;
- Edit trimmer (X fade) - add total length of the left object to the bottom left. Without this, we don't know how far we are from the right end of a trimmed object (the left one);
- Markers - add ability to have object markers that are linked to an object and move with the object. Presently, inserting objects upstream and moving everything to the right leaves the Project marker in its previous location, and out of sync with where it was intended to be. All other Project markers to the right are also out of sync;
- Waveform change when volume increased: Increasing the volume or normalizing an object changes the shading off the upper and lower parts of the audio object; no change to the height of the waveform. Add having the waveform change height when adjusting volume, normalizing, adjusting volume curve, as it does in AML and Samplitude.
- Application of a LUT should reflect in the Color / Brightness / Contrast / Gamma sliders so you can see what effect has been adjusted and tweak slightly from there - especially useful in further Curves adjustments.
- Add an indicator at each edge of the clip showing that it had been trimmed - perhaps just a coloured bar and a number of secs and frames that remained beyond the ends.
- Project Temp Folder again: Add in one more level of folders, so that there are sub-folders.
- Preview Audio Waveform in Source Window: to be able to trim the audio file visually, not just audibly, before importing. This will require creating the waveform upon previewing the audio file and is probably not feasible.
- Ability to use x, y values of plugins for object tracking: example, NB Spotlight would follow someone's face.
- Shot Match: same as for LUT's above, should reflect in the Color / Brightness / Contrast / Gamma sliders and other sliders so you can see what effect has been adjusted and tweak slightly from there - especially useful in further Curves adjustments. Right now, we don't know what it took to get the shot to match.
- Shot Match: add in an intensity slider like in MEP.
- OFX - increase capability of X,Y and size to that of Size/Position, i.e. ability to drag and resize object on the Preview Monitor.
- SoundTrack Maker - Change this out for the new Song Maker (once the bugs are worked out) as per Music Maker 2021, with the ability to use the styles/Soundpools that come with VPX/MEP and SoundPools obtained through the Store in MusicMaker or from ProducerPlanet. And, find a better way to limit the duration to be close to the requested duration.
- SonicFire Smart Sound plugin;
- Red Giant - Knoll Light upgrade with possibility to keyframe - meaning able to fade in/out the effect (this came with MEP2015 Premium, I believe, not with VPX, and cannot keyframe);
- Red Giant - Particular - but a faster version than that supplied a few years with a competitor's nle
- Red Giant - Looks (did not get reinstalled for some reason) - but upgraded to SE which has adjustment controls. There is a version issued a few years ago with a competitor's nle that is very good, similar to that issued with Xara a couple of years ago;
- Neat Video - I have it but others have expressed interest;
- proDad VitaScene;
- proDad Heroglyph V4 LE - this came with VPX6. A newer better version would be appreciated. Need perpetual license;
- Something from Pixelan (I have the entire suite) like the new Creative Effects package or 3D Six-Pack;
- Something from Boris. Boris OFX work in VPX/MEP. Boris gave away the Titler OFX and Particle Illusion SAL.
Edit 20190530: added point 23.
Edit 20190531: added points 24 and 25 as per Peter's post.
Edit 20190608: added points 26 to 30 and a list of potential plugins.
Edit 20200707: added points 31 and 32 and general cleanup noting that some requests may not be feasible.