Comments

SP. wrote on 8/21/2021, 2:12 PM

@Zsolt-Imre 

Credit card data? What is the problem? Just the browser cache? The cache can be deleted by yourself in your browsers settings.

Have you made an order? German law specifies a 10 years retention period for all accounting documents so I don't think that this will be deleted.

Maybe you just want to cancel a subscription? You can cancel any subscription by writing an e-mail to sales support at infoservice@magix.net Tell them your customer number and that you want to cancel the subscription and they should cancel it.

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/21/2021, 3:16 PM

@Zsolt-Imre

Hello, Welcome

Further to @SP. information.

You can log into Magix Service Centre here and click "Contracts" to see if you have a running subscription and if your credit card details are logged.

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Zsolt-Imre wrote on 8/21/2021, 3:43 PM

Hello Patient-X, SP,

The contracts section is empty for me.

If I click on "Purchase" in soundpools window, only my password is asked to execute card payment transaction.

NO BROWSER invoked - everything runs in Magix windows.

SOS ANSWER PLEASE !!!

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/21/2021, 3:50 PM

@Zsolt-Imre

Hello

In that case as advised by @SP. please contact infoservice@magix.net to remove your card details.

I take it you no longer wish to purchase soundpools and want your card removed?

Please edit out your email address as shown above "Store" heading as this is a public user to user forum.

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 8/21/2021, 3:52 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Zsolt-Imre wrote on 8/21/2021, 3:53 PM

SP, thanks for mentioning German law: I'm customer of Magix since 2013 (purchased Music Maker 2014, after that other products) - but on my details there is no information about purchase and payment details. So If Magix has to store all data about these transactions, so about me (by German law) then these data have to be availabe for me anytime - by GDPR. Where are these data available ?

Zsolt-Imre wrote on 8/21/2021, 3:58 PM

Sorry, it is not so easy and simple: if you store my credit card data, than you have to inform me about it CLEARLY and AT THE TIME YOU STORE IT - and

1. MAGIX has to provide simple and easy interface for me to show ALL OF THE TRANSACTIONS made with that cards (I SEE NOTHING)
  2. MAGIX has to provide easy interface to me check and review all data stored about me, including CARD DATA
  3. MAGIX has to provide easy to use INTERFACE TO REMOVE MY DATA anytime (not in email to someone...man, you referenced Germany !!!!)
PATIENT-X wrote on 8/21/2021, 4:07 PM

@Zsolt-Imre

Hello

Remember this is just a user to user forum, there are no Magix employees here.

You can also look at your purchased Soundpools if you go to producerplanet.com and log in with your e-mail and password and look under "My products".

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 8/21/2021, 4:07 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Zsolt-Imre wrote on 8/21/2021, 4:19 PM

Hello Patient-X

Thank you for your feedback.

The problem is not the product and purchase, the problem is the illegal card data management practice of MAGIX: I'm not informed about that card data is stored (I have no subscription), and I have to possibility to remove this stored data (I mean card number/expiry date/CVV - all of them are stored by MAGIX, because all of them is required to run card transactions). Personally I'm frustrated about these facts, as an IT lawyer I don't know what to do... :-( :-| :-)

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/21/2021, 4:22 PM

@Zsolt-Imre

Hello

Sorry, but your only option is to take it up with Magix at infoservice@magix.net and explain your frustration to them and to seek more advice and information.

I hope this helps you

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Zsolt-Imre wrote on 8/21/2021, 5:00 PM

Hello @PATIENT-X

Thanks, I did it.

SP. wrote on 8/22/2021, 8:29 AM

@Zsolt-Imre

then these data have to be availabe for me anytime - by GDPR.

Yes, you are correct. You should be able to get all information about your stored data by asking them. I never did this myself but I would guess most companies will hand you out a form where you need to fill out what you want to know. You can even request them to delete all your personal information which are no longer required.

I think your credit card data is stored because they have some kind of agreement with your credit card provider? I would suggest you look up your credit card provider customer account and look for an option to remove some kind of authorization for Magix to use your card.

BriceMD wrote on 1/30/2024, 6:54 PM

Hello Patient-X

Thank you for your feedback.

The problem is not the product and purchase, the problem is the illegal card data management practice of MAGIX: I'm not informed about that card data is stored (I have no subscription), and I have to possibility to remove this stored data (I mean card number/expiry date/CVV - all of them are stored by MAGIX, because all of them is required to run card transactions). Personally I'm frustrated about these facts, as an IT lawyer I don't know what to do... :-( :-| :-)

I agree, there should be a way to remove credit card information. I just bought a couple soundpools and there was nothing stating that they will keep my credit card number for 10 years. Had I known that I would have never purchased anything form them. Storing someones credit card information for 10 years, that is *** stupid. If I don't want my credit card number stored by someone else , then I should be able to remove the number.

LIKE I SAID THAT SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED IN BIG BOLD LETTERING BEFORE I ENTERED MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION," WE WILL KEEP YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND ALL ITS INFORMATION FOR 10 YEARS." IT'S THAT SIMPLE. Oh and I don't believe for a minute German law or what ever requires them to keep that kind of information for any length of time, especially 10 years. German law my ***.

SP. wrote on 1/30/2024, 7:56 PM

@BriceMD 

Oh and I don't believe for a minute German law or what ever requires them to keep that kind of information for any length of time, especially 10 years. 

Here is the law, Abgabenordnung §147 https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ao_1977/__147.html

Google Translator:

(3) The documents listed in paragraph 1 numbers 1, 4 and 4a must be retained for ten years

By the way, if you're not talking about accounting documents but instead about the payment process without additional confirmation in the in-app-store, I suspect that you can change that on the website of your credit card provider but I'm not sure.

johnebaker wrote on 1/31/2024, 4:29 AM

@BriceMD

Hi

. . . . I just bought a couple soundpools and there was nothing stating that they will keep my credit card number for 10 years.  . . . .

I would advise you to read Part 3 of the Magix privacy policy here. in particular section 8b. where you will note that Magix never sees you credit card data when making payments.

The law document @SP. linked to, and has commented, is the part of the legal requirements that any company in Germany has to comply with in respect of Tax Laws and running a business. The 10 year data retention period has nothing to do with your personal data or Credit Card data retention.

If you find that when you get to a payment page and your credit card data is already prefilled, then it is probably due to you setting up the browser to auto fill forms and store payment details to which you would have had to confirm that you want this data stored when and if asked.

See here for Google Chrome browser, other browsers have the same feature.

This topic will be closed.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/31/2024, 4:30 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.