If you are having trouble activating codecs, follow these steps:
- First, go to "Help" > "Deactivate program" and restart the program.
- If you are asked to register the software, enter the serial number and email address you used to register the software before.
- Now, try activating the codec again.
If the problem persists, uninstall the software through the Windows Control Panel and manually delete the configuration file "installation.ini".
This file is located under:
C:\Program Files\MAGIX\[Name of MAGIX Program]\installation.ini
If you do not see the folder listed above, turn on "Show hidden files and folders".
- To do this, go to the Control Panel.
- Select "Small icons" from the "View" options.
- Click on "File Explorer Options" and go to the "View" tab.
- Select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" under "Hidden files and folders" and disable the option "Hide file extensions for known file types".
- After doing this, reinstall the program.
If the activation dialog does not appear when you run the program the first time, go to "Help" > "Register online...".
You should now be able to activate the codecs.