When installing or uninstalling the software, you may get the error message "An unexpected error occurred while installing the package [...] Error code 2503 (or 2502)".
To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- Type "cmd" into the Cortana search field.
- Right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
- Type the command "sfc /scannow" into the command prompt and press ENTER.
- When the command has finished running, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
If the problem persists, check the Windows Installer.
- To do this, enter "Services" in the Cortana search field, right click "Services" and select "Run as administrator".
- Scroll down in the list until you find the entry for "Windows Installer".
- Double-click it.
- Open the "General" tab.
- Click the "Start" button to set the service status to "Running".
- Type "MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER" into the Cortana search field and press ENTER.
- Type "MSIEXEC /regserver" into the Cortana search field and press ENTER.
- Reinstall the software.