The error message "Unable to find the filter to import that file with" is the result of limited administrator privileges in Windows. To resolve this issue, follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the program:
- Sign in to Windows as an administrator.
- Right-click on the software installation file and select "Run as administrator".
- When installation is complete, right-click on the software start icon and select "Run as administrator".
If this doesn't fix the problem, try manually registering the DLL file specified in the error message.
Follow these steps to do that:
- Exit the program.
- Copy the file path for the DLL file specified in the error message. You can find the DLL files by going to the program installation folder and opening the "Filters" folder.
The file path for "HTMLFilter.dll", for example, would be: "C:\Program Files\Xara\[Xara Program Name]\Filters\HTMLfilter.dll" (for 32-bit installations) or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\[Xara Program Name]\Filters\HTMLfilter.dll" (for 64-bit installations). Replace [Xara Program Name] with the name of the program you are using.
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- To do this, open the Windows start menu and search for "Command Prompt". Right-click the Command Prompt icon and select "Run as administrator".
- Paste the copied file path by right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or pressing Ctrl+V on your keyboard.