Video editing can be very demanding on your system's resources, especially if you are working with high-resolution images or HD videos.
If you are experiencing playback issues, there are a few things you can do to improve performance.
1. Update your software
- To update the program, go to "Online Update" in the Help menu.
- Check whether the latest drivers for your graphics card are installed.
You can find the current drivers provided by the manufacturer of your graphics card at http://www.ati.com, http://www.nvidia.com or www.intel.com.
2. Close background processes
- Close all background processes and applications before opening the program.
3. Create proxy files
- Turn on the feature "Automatically generate proxy files" by going to the movie settings (E key) and placing a check mark next to it.
4. Use the lightning bolt icon
- Turn the lighting bolt button on under the preview monitor to reduce the preview resolution.
- To access additional performance enhancing options, right-click the lighting bolt button.