To import your videos from a DV camera, you will need a Firewire connection.
- Connect the camera to a Firewire Port.
- Switch on the camera and set it to "play mode" and then click on "stop".
- Then, open your MAGIX software and select "Record > DV recording".
Configuring a Firewire connection in Win 7
- Open the Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Firewire card (IEEE Bus Controller).
- Click on "Update drivers > Search for drivers on this computer > Select from a list of device drivers on this computer".
- There should be several drivers displayed. Install "OHCI-standard 1394-Hostcontroller (old)".
Configuring Firewire on Win 8 and Win 10
- Open the file "1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver.msi".
- After installing, open the directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
- Then, right-click on the file Legacy1394.inf and select "Install" from the context menu.
- Now, open the Device Manager.
- Search for "IEEE Bus Controller" in the list and click on this entry.
- Select your Firewire connection. This will open the dialog "Properties of...".
- Switch to the Drivers tab and click on "Search for drivers on the computer".
- In the following dialog, click on "Select from a list of device drivers on this computer".
- Now, click on "1394 OHCI Compliant Hostcontroller (Legacy)".
- Click on "Next" and the driver will be installed.
Note for Win 10 users.
When installing Windows Updates, the driver setting may switch back to the standard driver "1394 OHCI-standard host controller".
If you notice that the FireWire device is transferring slower or no longer working, simply repeat the driver Installation procedure.