The error messages "File xxx missing", "Missing Executable Error" or "Error code -59" may appear during installation of a Steam version of the software.
To solve the problem, please follow the steps below:
- To begin with, uninstall the software using the standard Steam procedure.
- Next, you need uninstall the software via the Windows Control Panel.
Uninstall the software via control panel:
- Press the key "Win + I" to access the control panel.
- Select "Apps and features".
- Select the application and click on "Uninstall".
- Restart your computer.
- Return to your Steam Library, select your application, and click "Install".
- After Steam tells you the program is finished downloading, click the "Launch" button.
- After installation restart your PC.
If the problem persists, follow these steps:
- Go to C:\Programs (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\software name and execute the appropriate exe file.
- Go to C:\Program Files\VEGAS\Software Name\ and highlight each individual file and folder.
- Now click the right mouse button and select "copy".
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\teamapps\common\Software Name\Software Name\ to paste the copied files.
- Then start your application.