The problem is usually related to a faulty driver installation.
For a successful driver installation, you should first pay attention to the following aspects:
- Before you start recording, unplug all USB devices from your computer which are not needed for the recording (except for your keyboard and mouse) to avoid any device conflicts.
- Try using a different USB port on your computer for analog recordings.
- Do not use a USB hub.
- Connect the USB video converter directly to your computer (do not use a USB extension cable).
- If you have been using the USB ports on the front of your PC until now, try connecting the video converter to one of the ports on the back.
- Download and install the latest drivers for your USB video converter.
Now follow the steps below to install your device drivers:
- Save the archive to your PC, then extract the contents of the archive to a folder on your PC.
- Before installing the drivers, pause all security programs on your PC (firewall, antivirus).
- Run "setup.exe" from the extracted folder. If drivers are already installed on your PC, select "Remove" and restart the installation.
- Run the program as administrator and reset its settings to their defaults. To do this, go to "File" > "Settings..." and select "Reset program settings to defaults".
- Try to capture the video again.
If the problem persists, please read the following article:
"My capture devices cannot be recognized"