This tutorial shows how to create animated lines and other objects using a single point in Magix Movie Edit Pro and Video Pro X. It was inspired by a tutorial in French by Serge Vandewall on the Magix.info forum, and available on YouTube.
- Create a text object with a point or period with no other text (use Title/Templates/Font and select the first one)
- Resize the point to 35 and place in the middle or upper centre part of the screen
- Export the image (nothing else should be on the screen
- Delete the text object and import the point image onto the timeline
- Select point object, Effects, Video Effects, Brightness/Contrast and set Brightness, Contrast and Gamma to 100
- Effects, Video Effects, Distortion, set Echo to 5
- Effects, Chroma key - select Black (now we see the point)
- Animate the point using keyframes with Size/Position, Rotation
- A point will be created at every frame and remain on screen
- Increasing and decreasing the speed off the animation (by adjusting the duration between keyframes) will make either a line with points or a smooth line
- Render and Export to mxv (or mp4 or wmv) file
- Import the rendered animated file
- Use it as a mask by giving it Chroma key Alpha
- Add effects, change speed, etc.