Frequently Asked Questions

sheppo wrote on 6/18/2018, 7:18 AM

Below is a list of frequently asked questions in this forum. I will try to keep this up-to-date with questions that are asked repeatedly. Please feel free to suggest edits

if you have a new question please raise it as a new post on the forum, NOT as a comment on this post - that allows the community to focus on specific issues and stay on topic. Many thanks. :)

VST issues

Bugs

General questions

Changelog

• Acid 11

Changes in patch 11.0.2.21 compared to 11.0.1.17

• VST effects chain state handling fixed
  • some newer Vita Solo Instruments can now be instantiated
  • new Vita Solo Instruments (Angels Harp, E-Bass, Clean E-Guitar) via In-App-Store available
  • new Cherry Audio Instruments (Sines & GX-80) via In-App-Store available

Changes in patch 11.0.1.17 compared to 11.0.0.1434

• VST-instrument 'Lowdown' now available via In-App-Store
  • Acid 10

Changes in version 10.0.6.9 compared to 10.0.5.37 (June 2022)

• D-16 Plugins are now available via In-App-Store
  • Tutorial and Even-Property-Dialog fixed for Japanese users
  • New Genre-Filter for Acidiced Loops and minor improvements of the In-App-Store user interface
  • CoreFx Plugins have been updated to the latest version
  • Update mechanism has been updated

Changes in version 10.0.5.37 compared to 10.0.5.35

• General Updates and Fixes:
  • Localization: mistakes in the localization of the Store have been fixed
  • Store: the Store is now open by default when starting up ACID
  • further minor optimizations and bugfixes

Changes in version 10.0.5.35 (April 2021)

• New: ACID Store is now available
  • Features, instruments and ACID loops are available in the ACID Store
  • Mixer UI improvements
  • Bugfix: Roland Cloud instruments are working again in ACID
  • Bugfix: all included Vita instruments are working again in ACID
  • Bugfix: improved stability for VST effect handling
  • Bugfix: the sending of crash logs is working again
  • Stem Maker removed

Changes in version 10.0.4.29 compared to 10.0.3.24

• General Updates and Fixes:
  • Audio Plugin Support scanning issues - fixed
  • Stability improvements

Changes in version 10.0.3.24 compared to 10.0.2.20

• New: Asynchronous VST scan in the background!
  • All your VST plug-ins are now scanned in the background.
  • Therefore, you can make music immediately after starting the program and do not have to stare at the splash screen forever.

Build 10.0.2.20 - May 2020

• Issues with certain 32 bit VST plugins fixed

Build 10.0.2.19 - Public Beta - May 2020

• Sidechaining
  • Advanced sidechain sender (gain & filter)
  • Multithreaded VST scan
  • More link options for Morph Pads
  • WAVES support optimized
  • Acid 9

Build 9.0.3.32 - ? 2019

• improved project compatibility to older Acid8 projects regarding VST
  • Fixed: VST scanner could miss plugins after a plugin crashed during scanning - now all plugins should be recognised

Build 9.0.3.30 - November 2019

• should be 100% compatible to AP 8 MP3 again (and to MP3 beatmapping of the first AP 9 release version).

Build 9.0.3.26 - November 2019

• supports MP3 in 64 Bit again, but its MP3 decoding is not 100% compatible to current official AP 8. We tried to fix this issue (together with VST fixes) in the October public beta, but the fix finally came with the November public beta.

Build 9.0.1 (build 24) - June 2019

• Fixed: MP3 support
  • Fixed: Toolbar cut off
  • Fixed: Reported VST issues

Build 9.0.1 (build 21) - April 2019

• Optimized: fixed some reported VST issues

Build 9.0.1.17 (Release version)

• Fixed some reported issues

Build 9.0.1.13

• NEW! zynaptiq® STEM MAKER audio source separation technology
  • NEW! MIDI Playable Chopper (MPC)
  • NEW! Professional loudness metering on the master channel
  • NEW! VST2/VST3 engine with 32-bit bridge
  • NEW! Improved time stretching (elastique Pro 3)
  • NEW! More virtual instruments
  • NEW! More effect plug-ins
  • NEW! More ACIDized loops
  • Build 8.0.8.29 - February 2019
  • Acid 8

Build 8.0.10.13 - October 2019

• Updated: VST engine
  • Fixed: pretty much annoying stuff

Build 8.0.8 (build 29) - February 2019

After rewriting the whole VST-engine and the plug-in scan process we are now ready to present you the 32/64-bridge and the VST3-support! In addition, we have listened to you and now you can choose a bright, ACID Pro 7 like skin as an alternative.

• New: 32/64-VST bridge
  • New: VST3 support
  • New: Alternative, bright skin
  • Fixed: lots of bugfixes and optimizations

Build 8.0.8.10 (beta) - 15-November-2018

• New: 32/64-VST bridge
  • New: VST3 support

Build 8.0.7.233 - 17-September-2018

• Fixed: Beatmapper crashed when the downbeat marker was moved far from the start

Build 8.0.7.231

• New: Internal automatic update notification and download service
  • Fixed: Issues while rendering tracks
  • Fixed: Bundled effects that rely on BPM do not render correctly
  • Fixed: Windows resize issues

Build 8.0.6.263 - August-2018

• Fixed: Rewire slave mode does not work
  • Fixed: ACID crashes while loading projects from older version
  • Fixed: Acid Pro 8 x64 hang during beatmapper wizard
  • Fixed: Preview any beatmapped audio file in Explorer won't play if "Preserve pitch for new Beatmapped tracks when tempo changes" is disabled
  • Fixed: Wrong pitch value on event displayed if "Preserve pitch for new Beatmapped tracks when tempo changes" is disabled
  • Fixed: Minimizing ACID Pro 8 can not be undone
  • Fixed: Crash when rendering in new track (multiple file formats affected)
  • Fixed: Grouped events could be pushed together at the project borders
  • Fixed: Blue Frame was created after releasing the clip properties from the docking area
  • Fixed: Mute & Solo - button states difficult to read
  • Fixed: After adding a new synth, incorrect synth properties were displayed
  • Fixed: Solo in the Folder Track -> now also visible in the Mixer
  • Fixed: NI Komplete Audio 6 - doesn't work properly
  • Fixed: Creating a new track can not be undone
  • Fixed: All bugs we've noticed so far in the chopper
  • Fixed: If the pitch is negative, the Chopper will not play any sound at the end of the clip
  • Fixed: Chopper is mute with beatmapped audio when "Preserve pitch for new Beatmapped tracks when tempo changes" is disabled
  • Fixed: If beatmapped audio is pitched by a large number, Chopper is not playing at the new pitched up speed and the audio playback is completely off sync with the peaks.
  • Fixed: If pitching a track, then the track was played not pitched in the Chopper
  • Fixed: Issues with MIDI file import
  • Fixed: Select their Sound Forge Pro 11 as Editing application in ACID Pro 8
  • GUI: Optimized scrollbars in PlugIn-windows
  • GUI: Clip properties modernized
  • New: Link to Producer Planet in the help menu

Build 226 - 12-June-2018

• Installation and update issues fixed

Build 223 - 16-May-2018

• Loop-Button Icon for MIDI Clips in Clip Pool fixed
  • text color of the marker labels changed into white
  • german localization errors fixed
  • bugfix free Instruments (Pop Brass) in 365 Abo version
  • more crashes fixed

Comments

B.W.MAC wrote on 9/26/2018, 5:53 PM

how to turn off down loads for my songs

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2018, 4:33 AM

Assuming these downloads are from the Media area of this forum, unfortunately the only way to prevent those downloads is for you to remove them from the Magix server, I think.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 9/27/2018, 6:24 AM

@B.W.MAC

To add to Jeff's comment as you have no control over the website where you are uploading the audio to there is no way of stopping anyone from downloading a song - this also applies to images and video - web browsers have to download them to your computer for you to see or play them.

The disabling of right click download is very basic and easily overridden, as are many other types of 'protection' where you have no control over the server/web site or player used by the web browser.

There are many ways of adding 'spoilers' to audio, images and video. For audio the most basic is adding a spoken word, eg 'demo', at frequent intervals in the track such that anyone downloading and editing it to remove the spoiler ends up with an 'incoherent' mashup, however this has a negative effect on the listeners experience.

John EB

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 10/4/2018, 10:52 AM

@B.W.MAC

In the other thread that you started, you put it under On-Line Album. Do you really mean Magix On-Line Album or do you mean the Media tab of this forum?

Below is a screen shot of my On-Line Album.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

weevil wrote on 10/5/2018, 11:43 AM

Could this bug please be added to this FAQ?

johnebaker wrote on 10/5/2018, 12:41 PM

@weevil

Hi

. . . . Could this bug please be added to this FAQ? . . . .

What bug?

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

weevil wrote on 10/5/2018, 4:34 PM

@johnebaker Sorry, A link would probably be helpful. :)

https://www.magix.info/us/forum/problems-with-grouped-events--1214481/

mick-bolwell wrote on 10/24/2018, 4:34 PM

Since my upgrade from Acid Pro 7 to Magix Pro 8 on Windows 10 I cannot render songs or tracks any way other than "real time render" Suggestions as to how I can render MP3 or WAV again. Thanks in advance

sheppo wrote on 10/25/2018, 1:34 AM

@mick-bolwell - try updating to the latest version, and reporting back. Please create a new topic on the forum if you're still having problems.

Matt-Francis wrote on 2/10/2019, 6:26 AM

When are the updates from the beta expected to roll out? Would appreciate some ETAs.

sheppo wrote on 2/10/2019, 1:48 PM

@Matt-Francis - there's no expectation set on beta releases, since show stopper bugs can be found at any point. Sorry I don't have more information for you at this time.

roland14 wrote on 2/27/2019, 1:30 PM

No update to acid pro 8 in months.😡 but they make new version of sound forge, acid musik studio, etc.

Dont work on new staff until you take care of old stuff, with the problems acid pro has there should be at least once a month update.

I use StudioOne4 as my main daw but I would like to finish some old tracks from acid pro8.

Lots of my vsts dont work.

Just an observation or maybe an idea for Magix🙂

Djronrella wrote on 2/27/2019, 2:06 PM

I don't know release date of public update!

But I believe there should be one soon!

sheppo wrote on 2/28/2019, 4:24 AM

No update to acid pro 8 in months.😡 but they make new version of sound forge, acid musik studio, etc.

@roland14 There has been several updates in that time. I've added dates to the release history above where I could find them. Granted there has not been a public release in a few months, but I'm sure you can agree it's better to get something fundamental like the VST engine re-written, and jBridge, working properly, rather than rushed out the door with issues.

I use StudioOne4 as my main daw but I would like to finish some old tracks from acid pro8.

Lots of my vsts dont work.

Please create a new post in the forum to discuss how has any of the updates released so far have made your VSTs function worse than previous releases of AP8

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 12:33 AM

Is there going to be an announcement of the newest update? I know this is the FAQs thread but I had no idea there was a new update that added a light skin until I saw a post about Acid 8 not opening after the the update was released. Maybe pin a thread with updates?

sheppo wrote on 3/1/2019, 7:54 AM

@Matt-Francis actually, I didn't even know the update had been made publicly available myself - as I was already running it as beta tester. heh. The way it should work is Acid should notify you when you open it that there's an update available, and show you the changes log I posted above.

In this instance I think it would have been useful to have a bit more information about what's changed with this release, especially as each of the bullet points are are huge... depending on who you ask. Something to look to improve upon for the next release yeah? :)

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/19/2019, 7:20 AM

So there seems to be some confusion over the use of the bundled loops within the company itself because in another thread the mod is saying we now can't use the loops commercially while in the FAQ it says we can. TBH this is pretty frustrating because I went ahead and made some tracks using some kicks, percussion etc thinking I may be able to release them commercially.only to now be told that is not the case. Can someone clarify if the FAQ/Mathias is wrong?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 03/05/2018, 23:01

Hi everybody,

I just got the information that you can use the content commercially.

It is not allowed to resell the content as it is.

Best regards,
Mathias

Djronrella wrote on 3/19/2019, 7:56 AM

@mathias-bliemel

I believe you meant can't sell contents as reselling original loops content to another buyer!!?

It's ok selling a finished commercial track created with the loops!?

Matt-Francis wrote on 4/10/2019, 7:49 AM

So there seems to be some confusion over the use of the bundled loops within the company itself because in another thread the mod is saying we now can't use the loops commercially while in the FAQ it says we can. TBH this is pretty frustrating because I went ahead and made some tracks using some kicks, percussion etc thinking I may be able to release them commercially.only to now be told that is not the case. Can someone clarify if the FAQ/Mathias is wrong?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 03/05/2018, 23:01

Hi everybody,

I just got the information that you can use the content commercially.

It is not allowed to resell the content as it is.

Best regards,
Mathias

Hello? Anyone out there? Can we use it commercially or not?

johnebaker wrote on 4/10/2019, 8:34 AM

@ Matt-Francis

Hi

The latest information on the Commercial use of Soundpools is here.

HTH

John EB

Matt-Francis wrote on 4/10/2019, 9:23 AM

@ Matt-Francis

Hi

The latest information on the Commercial use of Soundpools is here.

HTH

John EB

Yes, I saw that but it refers to Music Maker. I didn't buy Music Maker. Anyone reading the Acid Pro FAQ would buy the product thinking they could use the bundled loops commercially because that is what we were told by MAGIX_Redaktion ie.Magix staff. Maybe they need to delete that and pin a post saying sorry, we mislead you, actually none of the bundled loops that came with Acid Pro 8 can be used commercially.. The whole non commercial/commercial usage thing for bundled loops is a right PITA to be honest. Had I known this was the system Magix uses I wouldn't have bothered with them.

sheppo wrote on 4/10/2019, 3:36 PM

I'll seek clarification on the information in the soundpools forum. It is contrary to the information we had previously been given. It's worth noting that

1. the terms and conditions in the installers at the time they were released suggested a commercial license was given for new work (as in you make something original with the sounds). and
  2. the license needed for soundpools is called a Audio Pro license, but Acid pro is marketed as a professional product, as opposed to the other (what I feel are) more consumer products mentioned John's link.
  3. I think there's a distinction between the included apps, and the voucher for soundpool sounds - the product page for acid states a license is required for the latter, but not the forumer.

Anyway, when i get clarification I will post it here :)

For reference, I will probably lock this post in future if it keeps being hijacked for often off-topic posts - as in not related to FAQs. Either create a new post if you have a new question, or in one of the linked post if it's related to that specific topic.

> Hello? Anyone out there? Can we use it commercially or not?

please remember this is a community run forum run by like-minded users. If you have a question you want specifically answered by support please hit the contact link at the bottom of every forum page and raise a support request as normal.

and lastly, if you want a response from anyone specifically in the forum please remember to @ them so they get a notification. :)

johnebaker wrote on 4/11/2019, 7:01 AM

@sheppo

Hi

I asked this question of Magix yesterday and received clarification of the commercial use terms this morning, in a nutshell the software EULA gives the information required, eg Acid Music Studio uses the consumer EULA and Acid Pro the Professional EULA

The issue with the various terms and conditions has been referred back to Magix head office for clarification in the magazine article (and the stickies in the audio forum ?) that many users have been referred to.

HTH

John EB

Matt-Francis wrote on 4/11/2019, 7:37 AM

I'll seek clarification on the information in the soundpools forum. It is contrary to the information we had previously been given. It's worth noting that

1. the terms and conditions in the installers at the time they were released suggested a commercial license was given for new work (as in you make something original with the sounds). and
  2. the license needed for soundpools is called a Audio Pro license, but Acid pro is marketed as a professional product, as opposed to the other (what I feel are) more consumer products mentioned John's link.
  3. I think there's a distinction between the included apps, and the voucher for soundpool sounds - the product page for acid states a license is required for the latter, but not the forumer.

Anyway, when i get clarification I will post it here :)

For reference, I will probably lock this post in future if it keeps being hijacked for often off-topic posts - as in not related to FAQs. Either create a new post if you have a new question, or in one of the linked post if it's related to that specific topic.

> Hello? Anyone out there? Can we use it commercially or not?

please remember this is a community run forum run by like-minded users. If you have a question you want specifically answered by support please hit the contact link at the bottom of every forum page and raise a support request as normal.

and lastly, if you want a response from anyone specifically in the forum please remember to @ them so they get a notification. :)

Thanks @sheppo, I appreciate that. Only reason I responded here was that answers being given in the forum contradicted the FAQ.